Suzuki Vitara Owners: Problems & Solu...

Suzuki Vitara Owners: Problems & Solutions

There are 356 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Dec 21, 2005, titled Suzuki Vitara Owners: Problems & Solutions. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Obviously I'm new here, and I drive an '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7. I'm having a problem with my keyless entry system not working on occasion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
junior

Kingston, Jamaica

#1 Mar 16, 2006
my clock keeps going back to 12:00 on many occasions after the vehicle is started
bernard UK

UK

#2 Mar 23, 2006
I HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BATTERY LAST NIGHT ,I LEFT ON THE LIGH FOR FOUR HOURS THEN LATER I FOUND THE BATTERY IS FLAT,SO I TOOK TO THE GARAGE TO RECHARGE THE BATTERY,BUT WHEN I PUT IT BACK MY CAR COULDNT START BUT ON DASH BOARD THERE WAS A SIGN (CHECK ENGINE)THIS SIGN WAS BLINKING .MUY CAR IS SUZUKI VITARA V6 2.O (1996) SO COULD YOU ANY ONE HELP ME as sooner as possible?MY email addres is emukundi_m@yahoo.co.uk
fred

Ponoka, Canada

#3 Mar 31, 2006
they (suzuki) are telling me that my cv axle is leaking around the seal. mine is 4 x 4 they are telling me the only way to fix this is to replace the front differential and replace the seal and cv axle they say that it is scored thisis why the changing of the right cv is needed. and the left one is ok, but they are going to pop out the left side and use the same seal and cv and put it in the new diff. i asked them about this and they said that if i don't change the front diff and just replace the seal and cv that it will leak again in a few months . can anyone tell me i think they are trying to take me for a ride or is this true.
Arnie G

Atlanta, GA

#4 Apr 10, 2006
Just got the 2006 Vitara 2wd loaded. It drives great, handles fantastic. We tested every SUV made and the Vitara for ride and value beat them all hands down.
william

Auburn Hills, MI

#5 Apr 10, 2006
Arnie, Why ? Don't you know where the Suzuki and it's parts are made ? I can not see why anyone would buy a foreign vehicle. It borders on being a traitor to America. But if you support child slave labor, countries that produce & sell rockets that the terrorists use, hate America and it's 400,000 residents that work for the American Auto Companies then go ahead and buy a foreign vehicle. After all we fought for this country so you have the freedom to send our jobs overseas.
lowrangejunkie

Australia

#6 Apr 11, 2006
you dumb ass yankie nob, who would want to buy a peice of crap built in the usa when you can buy a better built better engineered car/4x4/anything from another country. open your eyes you septic tank.
Cricketfish

AOL

#7 May 3, 2006
William, I am a retired navy veteran, and I also worked at Ford assembling mini vans. You couldn't give me one for free!!!! I was told that we preach "quality" but when it came down to having bad rubber to put around the door seals, I was ordered to continue using it because, and I quote, "The bad rubber will hold until the vehicle is driven off the dealers lot, then it's their problem!"

Don't tell me that I'm unAmerican because I have served my country. My priorities when purchasing a vehicle, is safety and quality. I can't feel safe in a vehicle made in the USA by someone who is paid to "by-pass" the safety items. Also, I know for a fact that my Ford co-workers wouldn't buy Fords either, so what do you think of that???? Do I agree with sweatshops and using child slavery to produce? No, but it's not just an overseas issue. These things DO HAPPEN IN THE USA!

Perhaps the automotive industry in the USA needs to step it up a notch and practice what they preach! Then and only then, would I possibly consider putting myself into an American made car.
bogdan

Warsaw, Poland

#8 May 10, 2006
I need the electrical scheme of Suzuki Vitara; I`d like to find the cable of the starter.
Mixbrix

Mobile, AL

#9 May 17, 2006
With 4000 miles on my 06 Grand Vitara, the rear brakes were squealing. Took it to dealer, was told they had defective brake shoes, and they did a brake job on it. Now, 4000 miles later, rear brake is squealing again. Anybody else have this problem?
charlie

UK

#10 May 22, 2006
hi there i have just bought a 1998 jx vitara and the windows are3 steaming up, could this be a problem with mu hetarer radiator?
thanks!
kev

UK

#11 May 27, 2006
Hi i have a 1991 suzuki vitara jlx 8valve with a bit of a problem it does not tick over when warm ive been told this is a common problem and ive had the carb cleaned out but its still the same ive been told by a few peaple that it is a problem with the carb but im not sure. does anybody know if any other carbs will fit on the vitara ive heard a vw beetle carb will fit is this true??
romi

Hod Hasharon, Israel

#12 May 30, 2006
ive got a suzuki vitara 1996. i made my car higher in 8 inches. i changed the front shocks to birnstein but with the original sizes. its doesnt seems like working. it is damaging the shocks and the upper rubber that holding the shocks. i also changed the rear ones,which also i made higher in 8 inches, but they are working good. so the only problem its in the front. i want to know if there is anuy longer shocks that i can put and also maybe some heavy duty rubbers to hold the shocks whithout to get damaged.
please let me know in this forum or in my email: maarom@walla.co.il
thanks a lot!
Suzuki Owner

Doha, Qatar

#13 Jun 6, 2006
We have always been told how bad most americans in geography and history but I didn't realize it was THAT bad!!. Suzuki is made in Japan, one of the most civilized nations where child labor is non-existent, they don't make missiles and certainly don't sell any to terrorist and are occupied by America. Get your facts right.
zafer

East Perth, Australia

#14 Jun 10, 2006
yes i have a problem with a very loud squeeal coming from front brake pads of my 2006 vitara comes and goes, its the problem with the pads they fitted
they have a glazing problem as to the abnormal sound on braking as if metal to metal sound.
im 90%+ sure to these problems. it can loose braking power

get suzuki to replace better pads under warranty, for different ones.

thanks
Dave Mac

UK

#16 Jun 16, 2006
Hi could any one help me with some info? I have a 96 LWB Vitara 2.0 Turbo Diesel, fitted with the standard Mazda RF 1998cc TD engine, the head gasket has blown, I have bought a gasket set, and timing belt, I also intend to have the head skimmed, my problem is that I can not find infomation about this engine anywhere, I really need to know what the torque on the cylinder head bolts needs to be, also where the timing marks are and how they should be positioned when setting the timing back up, I would be grateful for any guidance that could be offered.
Thanks
Dave
AAR

Dubai, UAE

#17 Jun 19, 2006
Mixbrix wrote:
With 4000 miles on my 06 Grand Vitara, the rear brakes were squealing. Took it to dealer, was told they had defective brake shoes, and they did a brake job on it. Now, 4000 miles later, rear brake is squealing again. Anybody else have this problem?
I had same problem. Opened the drum and found that brake shoe adjusting lever and spring had fallen inside both the rear drums. I spoke to dealer, they said you need to service the rear brake every 10,000 km. I do not beleive this. I think this is manufacturing defect.
AAR

Dubai, UAE

#18 Jun 19, 2006
I had same problem. Opened the drum and found that brake shoe adjusting lever and spring had fallen inside both the rear drums. I spoke to dealer, they said you need to service the rear brake every 10,000 km. I do not beleive this. I think this is manufacturing defect.
AMY

Schenectady, NY

#19 Jun 27, 2006
I HAVE 2000 SUZKI GRAND VITARA. WHEN EVER IT GET REAL COLD, SY BELOW 0 DEGREES IT WON'T START. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM?? I HAVE REPLACED BATTERYS ALL THE TIME. EVEN HAD THE RECALL ON INJECTORS REPLACED AND STILL DOES IT?? ANY HEPL PLEASE??
Mark

Uxbridge, UK

#20 Jun 28, 2006
william wrote:
Arnie, Why ? Don't you know where the Suzuki and it's parts are made ? I can not see why anyone would buy a foreign vehicle. It borders on being a traitor to America. But if you support child slave labor, countries that produce & sell rockets that the terrorists use, hate America and it's 400,000 residents that work for the American Auto Companies then go ahead and buy a foreign vehicle. After all we fought for this country so you have the freedom to send our jobs overseas.
Its not that America has not sold arms to other countries is it.
Jan Soer

Vancouver, Canada

#21 Jul 24, 2006
Mixbrix wrote:
Yes very similar problems. Brand new Vitara started squeeking and was told by mechanic it is a new hard disck pad that was prescribed by the manufacturer and nothing can be done about it. Now after two major services and still no joy I am going to take action.Will contact Suzuki headoffice and demand the problem be fixed or they can take their car back.
Cheers,
Jan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suzuki Vitara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against Suzuki (Dec '09) Jun '17 mark 257
Suzuki 2016 vitara sport (Oct '16) Oct '16 Uzzell 1
Position of the egr valve on the Suzuki Vitara ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Themba Moyo 1
Rear Tire Wear (Dec '08) Jun '16 Warwick 28
engine misfire (Sep '12) Apr '16 Juan ayala 2
2002 suzuki grand vitara white smoke comes out... (Jun '09) Nov '15 Vinny 3
drl fire hazard in suzuki forenza (Nov '14) Jan '15 romaninfla 2