Subaru awaits Toyota U.S. plant decis...

Subaru awaits Toyota U.S. plant decision as it lifts output

There are 2 comments on the Detroit News story from Apr 19, 2014, titled Subaru awaits Toyota U.S. plant decision as it lifts output. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.'s Subaru, which added more U.S. market share than any international carmaker last year, is pushing ahead with U.S. expansion plans as it awaits a Toyota Motor Corp. decision on whether to keep using its Indiana plant to build Camrys.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Parris Boyd

Columbia, SC

#1 Apr 20, 2014
Subaru's association with Toyota is unfortunate. And speaking of Camrys, NASA physicist Henning Leidecker is now speaking out regarding the increased risk of unintended acceleration due to "tin whiskers" growing in the electronic throttle control of '02-'06 Camrys, comparing it to a game of Russian roulette. Toyota redesigned the pedal sensors in '07 and '08 for the express purpose of eliminating the tin whisker risk. Instead of Toyota, the Justice Department, and NHTSA trying to keep the electronics issue quiet, a recall should be issued to update the sensors in the models Dr. Leidecker has noted. I've been blogging about the Recall King for quite some time - search "Beware of Toyota. Their next victim may be YOU..."
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 20, 2014
Parris Boyd wrote:
Subaru's association with Toyota is unfortunate. And speaking of Camrys, NASA physicist Henning Leidecker is now speaking out regarding the increased risk of unintended acceleration due to "tin whiskers" growing in the electronic throttle control of '02-'06 Camrys, comparing it to a game of Russian roulette. Toyota redesigned the pedal sensors in '07 and '08 for the express purpose of eliminating the tin whisker risk. Instead of Toyota, the Justice Department, and NHTSA trying to keep the electronics issue quiet, a recall should be issued to update the sensors in the models Dr. Leidecker has noted. I've been blogging about the Recall King for quite some time - search "Beware of Toyota. Their next victim may be YOU..."
Why do you suppose all the hysteria rampant years ago over the Toyota UA issue is now.....well.....gone? Seems like it evaporated right after NASA and everyone else said, other than some bunched up floormats, that they couldn't find anything wrong.
All I hear about now are Toyotas being driven into buildings by elderly drivers mistaking the gas pedal for the brake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Subaru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mississippi State's Lightweight Subaru BRZ Hybr... Apr '16 Solarman 1
News NYIAS: TEASED! Subaru Gives Us A Glimpse Of The... Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News ASK THE AUTO DOCTOR: Good solutions available f... (Mar '09) Aug '15 Into The Night 23
News The Facts Behind Subaru's Amazing Success in Am... (Sep '13) Apr '15 Symmetrical balls 3
News Subaru recalls 199,000 vehicles in cold-weather... (Jan '15) Jan '15 SUV 1
News 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX: A Taste Of STI At 265 ... (Aug '08) Dec '14 FHSubie660 43
News Subaru Reports Best-Ever Sales Month (Sep '14) Sep '14 Jesus Ramirez 1
More from around the web