Coming soon: $4 a gallon gas

Full story: Newsday 110
Planning on visiting friends in Washington, D.C., David Kung of Seaford faced a big decision: Drive or take the train? With gas prices skyrocketing, Kung, a 77-year-old retiree, took Amtrak to visit his friends ... Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Syosset No More

New York, NY

#106 Apr 23, 2008
USA 350 wrote:
<quoted text>If any one of those two Dems gets in,you can hold on to your wallet for the next 4 yrs,cause taxes will Spike for sure.
A return to the Jimmy Carter era,..

Since: Oct 07

Bronx, NY

#107 Apr 23, 2008
Umm, yeah, I can see that. Run the Federal reserve bankrupt, let gas prices price me right onto a bicycle, corn is now closing in on a buck a husk, sell all my natural holdings to China, move all the jobs there, make the dollar worth less than the paper it's printed on, spy on my phone and pc lines, and make college completely unaffordable for the middle class.
But whatever you do, don't tax me.
In fact I'm all for getting rid of the Dem. party period.
At least the Repubs don't claim to like the working man, so they are honest.
This world always runs better with a ruling class and poor workers. Much more productive. Thank God we are making a bee line towards that.
NO TAXES! MORE WAR! We don't need to finance anything, we'll just BORROW.
LI Girl

Islip Terrace, NY

#108 Apr 23, 2008
Disgusted in Illegalhaven wrote:
<quoted text>
4 day work weeks still mean full-time, you just work 10 hours a day!
See my later post for clarification.
BawackObaumma

New York, NY

#109 Apr 23, 2008
One-eyed Jack wrote:
Umm, yeah, I can see that. Run the Federal reserve bankrupt, let gas prices price me right onto a bicycle, corn is now closing in on a buck a husk, sell all my natural holdings to China, move all the jobs there, make the dollar worth less than the paper it's printed on, spy on my phone and pc lines, and make college completely unaffordable for the middle class.
But whatever you do, don't tax me.
In fact I'm all for getting rid of the Dem. party period.
At least the Repubs don't claim to like the working man, so they are honest.
This world always runs better with a ruling class and poor workers. Much more productive. Thank God we are making a bee line towards that.
NO TAXES! MORE WAR! We don't need to finance anything, we'll just BORROW.
Yeah, we can vote for McCain, Hillary or Obama,... quite a leftist choice if you ask me,... and yeah all will raise taxes
Adviceucanuse

Jamaica, NY

#110 Apr 23, 2008
WizeOne wrote:
Gas will hit around $6 a gallon by Labor Day. Next year the new "plug in hybrid" cars will hit the showrooms. They will allow you to drive a 60 mile round trip daily without using a drop of gas, which will cover most people's daily commutes! Start saving your money.
But will the cost of the electric be less than the cost of Gas. Think LIPA

“Liberals: America's Cancer”

Since: Dec 07

Baldwin, NY

#111 Apr 23, 2008
Ben Dover wrote:
We can not thank the present Government administration enough for putting the American people in this situation. Keep up the good work...Soon we will not be able to buy food too.....
No you can thank Al Gore and biofuels for the high cost of food, energy and gas.

Since: Oct 07

Bronx, NY

#112 Apr 23, 2008
BawackObaumma wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we can vote for McCain, Hillary or Obama,... quite a leftist choice if you ask me,... and yeah all will raise taxes
Darn. I have a hard time arguing with that. Although I don't think my "anti" position is left or right. I'm an anti "corporatist" which I suppose puts me left of center. But "corporatism" as national philosophy could care less about left or right. Just "give me the money". I think corps should be held as accountable as a private citizen. I think thats my big beef.
Otherwise I'd be a clear "centrist".
Pardon Me

Washington, DC

#113 Apr 25, 2008
TomIslander wrote:
<quoted text>
No you can thank Al Gore and biofuels for the high cost of food, energy and gas.
The use of biofuels is an excellent idea. What has occurred, is that our current government choose the inncorrect biomass to produce biofuels.

To correctly exploit bifuels, we should be cultivating new alternative crops on land not suited to the cultivation of food crops.

The conversion of land formally used for food production to produce fuel, is stupidity of the highest order.

But keep in mind that biofuels can only be an interim soultion. Ultimately, we must move our economy to an energy source that does not contribute to a further deterioration of the environment as a whole.

Frankly, the last thing this nation or planet needs is cheap energy. Cheap energy encourages the waste of energy. Were fuel prices to move to $10 per gallon, it would be the best thing that could happen to our little world.

The fact of the matter is that we must remove our from energy sources that create a deterioration in our environment. Even if you believe global warming is wrong, you must admit that pollution is creating a host of other problems which when combine are just as serious. It is time that we stop crapping where we live.

Time to invest in Solar, Wind, Wave, Geo and Conservation. These are the intelligent and patriotic measures to take , now.

“Liberals: America's Cancer”

Since: Dec 07

Baldwin, NY

#114 Apr 25, 2008
Pardon Me wrote:
<quoted text>
The use of biofuels is an excellent idea. What has occurred, is that our current government choose the inncorrect biomass to produce biofuels.
To correctly exploit bifuels, we should be cultivating new alternative crops on land not suited to the cultivation of food crops.
The conversion of land formally used for food production to produce fuel, is stupidity of the highest order.
But keep in mind that biofuels can only be an interim soultion. Ultimately, we must move our economy to an energy source that does not contribute to a further deterioration of the environment as a whole.
Frankly, the last thing this nation or planet needs is cheap energy. Cheap energy encourages the waste of energy. Were fuel prices to move to $10 per gallon, it would be the best thing that could happen to our little world.
The fact of the matter is that we must remove our from energy sources that create a deterioration in our environment. Even if you believe global warming is wrong, you must admit that pollution is creating a host of other problems which when combine are just as serious. It is time that we stop crapping where we live.
Time to invest in Solar, Wind, Wave, Geo and Conservation. These are the intelligent and patriotic measures to take , now.
What about nuclear? Cheap, clean and reliable.
WizeOne

Seattle, WA

#115 Apr 26, 2008
Adviceucanuse wrote:
<quoted text>
But will the cost of the electric be less than the cost of Gas. Think LIPA
Even with the hi LI electric rates, it will cost 80% less to run your car off the grid than with gasoline! Plug in hybrids will rule in just a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Subaru Outback Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Subaru Reports Best-Ever Sales Month Sep 8 Jesus Ramirez 1
Outback Bucking and Lurching (Aug '06) Aug 18 MSidd 22
Subaru awaits Toyota U.S. plant decision as it ... Apr '14 liner 2
1996 legacy outback dash lights flashing and ot... (Mar '12) Apr '14 Reiz 3
Replacing dashboard lights - 2003 Outback (Oct '07) Mar '14 Lesterag11 9
Starting Diesel (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ananta Shrestha 1
The Stray Birds land in Asheville, coming to Ca... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ApePeeD 1

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••