When driving across the country, does it make more sense to useA your ...

Feb 28, 2012 Full story: Sarah In Tampa

When driving across the country, does it make more sense to use your own car or to rent a newer one? I've got a 7 year old Subaru Outback -- runs fine but is not particularly gas efficient -- but am thinking of renting a basic economy-level car to drive from PA to WY and back.

Full Story
mwj

Lowell, MI

#1 Feb 28, 2012
Most rental companies ( enterprise) only let you go to the next state touching their border to prevent that kinda of mileage
Damage Control

Delaware, OH

#2 Feb 28, 2012
...we usually rent...gives a chance to try out another make/model...nice to not worry about repairs...we use Dollar/Alamo/Avis and they offer unlimited mileage and have never experienced out of state restrictions...only out of country restrictions(particularly Mexico)...go to each website and sign up for email specials for some cash saving offers...
NewGal

Belvidere, IL

#3 Feb 28, 2012
mwj wrote:
Most rental companies ( enterprise) only let you go to the next state touching their border to prevent that kinda of mileage
I used enterprise to drive to my 20 year reunion. Illinois to Kentucky and back. They have no restrictions.
Good idea.
DON SULLIVA

Kenosha, WI

#4 Mar 5, 2012
NewGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I used enterprise to drive to my 20 year reunion. Illinois to Kentucky and back. They have no restrictions.
Good idea.
is that the state that you learned your oral skills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Subaru Outback Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Subaru Reports Best-Ever Sales Month Sep '14 Jesus Ramirez 1
Outback Bucking and Lurching (Aug '06) Aug '14 MSidd 22
Subaru awaits Toyota U.S. plant decision as it ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 liner 2
1996 legacy outback dash lights flashing and ot... (Mar '12) Apr '14 Reiz 3
Replacing dashboard lights - 2003 Outback (Oct '07) Mar '14 Lesterag11 9
Starting Diesel (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ananta Shrestha 1
The Stray Birds land in Asheville, coming to Ca... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ApePeeD 1
More from around the web