Inadequate windshield sprayer on 2011 Subaru Outbacks.

Posted in the Subaru Outback Forum

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jan 24, 2012
Dave

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

My first trip into snow country with this new car left me with very poor vision as it was impossible to clean the salt spray, grit & debris from my windshield. 80% of the washer fluid sprayed the lower portion of the window leaving only a fine mist at eye level. The dealer told me this was normal. At 50 mph. almost no fluid reached the eye level height even after six sprays. Even corporate Subaru told me no one else has complained about it. How about it, am I alone in dealing with this problem? With a temporary "Jerry Rig" adjustment the entire window was sprayed adequately so that with one spray my wipers were able to clean it perfectly, even at 70 mph. So it can be fixed!!!
Dave

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

I forgot to add these windshield washer sprayers are permanently mounted and do not come with any mechanical adjustments.
Darel

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

What did you do....I have same problem...
Dave Collins

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

I pried up the front edge of each sprayer until there is a sufficient coverage of washer fluid on the upper windshield. Maintain that position and carefully pack an epoxy putty under and around the sprayer and let it cure for a few hours. Mine has held that position for a year now with great spraying coverage.
Dave

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Subaru Outback Discussions

Search the Subaru Outback Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Outback Bucking and Lurching (Aug '06) May '14 Harmon from Hudson 21
Subaru awaits Toyota U.S. plant decision as it ... Apr '14 liner 2
1996 legacy outback dash lights flashing and ot... (Mar '12) Apr '14 Reiz 3
Replacing dashboard lights - 2003 Outback (Oct '07) Mar '14 Lesterag11 9
Starting Diesel (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ananta Shrestha 1
The Stray Birds land in Asheville, coming to Ca... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ApePeeD 1
Troopers make significant drug bust in Wood County (Jul '13) Jul '13 FTW Yall 26
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••