subarumom

Apex, NC

#1 Jul 12, 2009
My son bought a 1999 subaru impreza. It drove fine for a couple of days. After someone took the air filter off and put it back on it now stalls in idle.
Any ideas on what could be wrong?
rallysportdriver

Liverpool, NY

#2 Oct 5, 2009
I have the exact same problem on my 2005 impreza 2.5 RS. It ran fine for a couple days, and I decided to check the air filter and now it stalls on idle. I checked to see if there was an idle knob that i could have bumped but its an electronically actuated throttle, so that cant be the case. im taking it to a garage soon, so we'll see what they say.
tim cole

Carlisle, PA

#3 Aug 16, 2014
rallysportdriver wrote:
I have the exact same problem on my 2005 impreza 2.5 RS. It ran fine for a couple days, and I decided to check the air filter and now it stalls on idle. I checked to see if there was an idle knob that i could have bumped but its an electronically actuated throttle, so that cant be the case. im taking it to a garage soon, so we'll see what they say.
funny my sons 2005 impreza is stalling and he said his friend and he had his air filter out also any more input

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Subaru Impreza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stock speakers or upgrade for 2014 Impreza LTD Aug 24 newimprezaowner 1
2009 Subaru Impreza WRX: A Taste Of STI At 265 ... (Aug '08) Mar '14 NormM PA 42
2012 Impreza oil consumption (Mar '14) Mar '14 Fred Johnson 1
oil consumption in a 2013 Impreza (May '13) Mar '14 Fred Johnson 2
2013 Impreza noise under rear of car while off (Mar '13) Feb '14 bob 2
Test Drive: 2013 Scion FR-S (Mar '13) Feb '14 Slimside87 3
First drive, 2011 Ford Fiesta (May '10) Nov '13 hahahaha 4

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••

Subaru Impreza People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••