2009 Subaru Impreza WRX: A Taste Of STI At 265 HP [2009 Subaru WRX]

There are 3 comments on the Jul 31, 2008, Jalopnik story titled 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX: A Taste Of STI At 265 HP [2009 Subaru WRX]. In it, Jalopnik reports that:

For 2009, the Subaru Impreza lineup will get a good shakeup for 2009, with the 2009 Subaru WRX getting an expected STI-like bump in power to 265 HP and 244 lb-ft of torque.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jalopnik.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Suby Girl

Sausalito, CA

#44 Nov 16, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go folks! Another potential Subaru owner has spoken. Subaru cars: overpriced, bottom heavy poor mileage, expensive to purchase and repair, look like a retro-70's station wagon. A car PT Barnum would truly be proud of.
and here's another (multiple) Subaru owner speaking!

Pshawww! Tell that to my Spec B with 18-in HRE wheels. i have not experienced high expenses for repair at all - super reasonable...but it doesn't hurt that my friend has an auto shop and i do everything there. The Suby is looking sweet, nothing like this 70's wagon you speak of. lol. i had a car-broker find the car and got it for a great price. i ended up putting a lot $$$ in for mod$....best car i've ever owned though. she's a suped-up sleeper, but i know what's under the hood. i get a lot of people asking: "what IS that?" (car is de-badged). i like that my car is somewhat unique and i enjoy doing things to it. once she's out of warranty, i'll really have some fun...(no poor mileage here!)
NormM PA

Milford, PA

#45 Mar 22, 2014
SvR wrote:
Wow, you people are retards. I have worked on Subarus and other cars for quite some time, and I must say that they are actually built well, drive great, and have some of the best resale values in the market. I do admit that Honda and Toyota are built well and much easier to work on, but these 3 makers should be examined by the rest of the world in terms of quality and performance. Dis me all you want, but I know what is obvious...that anyone who bashes Subaru does not know what they are talking about.
And for the dude who's cousin had a lemon, let me tell you all makes have a few bad runs. No one is perfect, but I can tell you from experience that American/Eurocrap have a pattern of cutting costs/corners to the point that their cars a garbage. Just look at the sales of those cars, all US cars sales are down considerably, and the sales were lost to the Japs. My hope is that this changes, being American and someone who does care about our economy
I have seen countless American pos vehicles in and out of the garage many times, and don't get me started on the Eurotrash (especially VW made products).
But, since you uninformed ignorant people, I guess you'll still bash them because you probably are Chevy, Ford, or, gasp, Chrysler fanatics.
Until I se
I agree that Subaru's are fantastic vehicle but knock my Fords either because my Subaru @ 235000 transmission failed whereas my ford Taurus with 235000 is still going strong & yes I have transmission flushed every 40000 on both vehicles.
FHSubie660

Malvern, PA

#46 Dec 15, 2014
WRX has been improved to provide a 67% faster response time, and this responsive time is complimented by a high-performance suspension for added control and quieter interiohttp://www.freeholdsuba ru.com/2015-subaru-wrx-freehol d-nj.htmr noise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Subaru Impreza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Subaru recalls 199,000 vehicles in cold-weather... Jan '15 SUV 1
help please. 08 subaru impreza sedan 2.5i_5 speed Nov '14 andrew 1
Stock speakers or upgrade for 2014 Impreza LTD (Aug '14) Aug '14 newimprezaowner 1
impreza stalling in idle (Jul '09) Aug '14 tim cole 3
2012 Impreza oil consumption (Mar '14) Mar '14 Fred Johnson 1
oil consumption in a 2013 Impreza (May '13) Mar '14 Fred Johnson 2
2013 Impreza noise under rear of car while off (Mar '13) Feb '14 bob 2
More from around the web