2009 Subaru Impreza WRX: A Taste Of STI At 265 HP [2009 Subaru WRX]

Jul 31, 2008 Full story: Jalopnik 43

For 2009, the Subaru Impreza lineup will get a good shakeup for 2009, with the 2009 Subaru WRX getting an expected STI-like bump in power to 265 HP and 244 lb-ft of torque.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jimmy

Allentown, NJ

#1 Aug 4, 2008
Yeah I can just see some 22-35 year old douchebag driving this riceburner-rocket down the road at 65-75 MPH and then wondering cross-eyed at the police officer why they were stopped for going 40+ MPH or more over the posted speed limit. sheesh!
smarter than above

Warwick, RI

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Jimmy wrote:
Yeah I can just see some 22-35 year old douchebag driving this riceburner-rocket down the road at 65-75 MPH and then wondering cross-eyed at the police officer why they were stopped for going 40+ MPH or more over the posted speed limit. sheesh!
F**k you
Jimmy

Allentown, NJ

#3 Aug 20, 2008
smarter than above wrote:
<quoted text>
F**k you
There you go folks! Another potential Subaru owner has spoken. Subaru cars: overpriced, bottom heavy poor mileage, expensive to purchase and repair, look like a retro-70's station wagon. A car PT Barnum would truly be proud of.

“Truth that comes from the gut.”

Since: Aug 08

Born and raised in Queens, NY

#4 Aug 20, 2008
The typical ricer alright. Got the fart can on that thing?

“Boycott Biased Observer!”

Canada

#5 Aug 20, 2008
Subaru Imprezas are SO RICERS!!
I do like the Outbacks though, but they are overpriced.
scoobystu

Washington, UK

#6 Aug 22, 2008
ricers??? wat the hell are u talking about, subarus are a sports car and not much can keep up with them on a nice windy country road. i like the new hatch back shape but i prefer the old classics
David

Collingswood, NJ

#7 Sep 1, 2008
My cousin purchased an Outback Wagon in 2003. What a piece of crap this Subaru was! It's been in the shop 2 times every year since 2003 and it only had 59K miles on it. Cooling system leaks. Blown alternator. Power window motor shorted out. Rough idle. A/C quit in July. If this is supposed to be "Japanese quality" then I sure as hell will never buy a Subaru! He traded it in on a Ford in March 2008 and it has performed with no problems. Do not purchase ANY Subaru car people unless you like to spend money on a JAP LEMON.

“Boycott Biased Observer!”

Canada

#8 Sep 1, 2008
David wrote:
My cousin purchased an Outback Wagon in 2003. What a piece of crap this Subaru was! It's been in the shop 2 times every year since 2003 and it only had 59K miles on it. Cooling system leaks. Blown alternator. Power window motor shorted out. Rough idle. A/C quit in July. If this is supposed to be "Japanese quality" then I sure as hell will never buy a Subaru! He traded it in on a Ford in March 2008 and it has performed with no problems. Do not purchase ANY Subaru car people unless you like to spend money on a JAP LEMON.
Too bad, the Outback is the only model that I like, but its way overpriced. The Tribeca looks OK after they fixed the ugly nose on it, but its overpriced and probably has issues.
SvR

Aurora, CO

#9 Sep 7, 2008
Wow, you people are retards. I have worked on Subarus and other cars for quite some time, and I must say that they are actually built well, drive great, and have some of the best resale values in the market. I do admit that Honda and Toyota are built well and much easier to work on, but these 3 makers should be examined by the rest of the world in terms of quality and performance. Dis me all you want, but I know what is obvious...that anyone who bashes Subaru does not know what they are talking about.
And for the dude who's cousin had a lemon, let me tell you all makes have a few bad runs. No one is perfect, but I can tell you from experience that American/Eurocrap have a pattern of cutting costs/corners to the point that their cars a garbage. Just look at the sales of those cars, all US cars sales are down considerably, and the sales were lost to the Japs. My hope is that this changes, being American and someone who does care about our economy
I have seen countless American pos vehicles in and out of the garage many times, and don't get me started on the Eurotrash (especially VW made products).
But, since you uninformed ignorant people, I guess you'll still bash them because you probably are Chevy, Ford, or, gasp, Chrysler fanatics.
Until I se
SvR

Aurora, CO

#10 Sep 7, 2008
e a change in quality, I'll continuously work on American and European cars more often than the Japanese cars.
eugene

Waterford, VA

#11 Sep 11, 2008
I think this is the first place i have seen Subaru called a ricer car. i got myself an 08 wrx and ftmfw this car handles well, is built right and fuck i want to see an American car that can handle like any Japanese car. Iím a professional tuner and rally racer and i got to tell you guys go drive one. i came from a 96 maxima which i re built to a 3.2 with a 8psi turbo. Dropped on coil overs, custom 2.5"exhaust with hi flow cats. And as fart cans you guys are thinking of Honda civics and the rest of the Honda line up.
------Loser Line------

Pleasantville, NJ

#12 Sep 11, 2008
So you stroked it and added a supercharger. I would say thats pretty pointless for a fwd car. All of yor usable hp and tq is unused because of torque steer. Soooo in my opinon it would stll make the max rice, and its ashame to because I like maxima's
KUNG FU Fighting

Canton, MS

#13 Sep 11, 2008
hahah
MRG

Williamstown, NJ

#14 Sep 20, 2008
Any car can be a ricer with the right muffler and body kit. I have seen plenty of mustangs that fit the part. I have a supercharged mustang that I love, but must get rid of due to an expanding family. I recently went for test rides in an Evo and WRX and was impressed. Have a race with a couple of turns in it and these things would smoke most american made cars. just my 2 cents
Terry

Cherry Hill, NJ

#15 Sep 23, 2008
I'll buy another Honda over a Subaru any day. Subarus are overpriced, get poor gas mileage and drive like old GM station wagons from the early 70's.
LTC

Steubenville, OH

#16 Nov 18, 2008
I can't complain about my 2002 wrx. For all you
mustang lovers out their, I'd put my 2.0 lt up against any one of them. The cobra would surely give me a fit but one on one against an sti and turn out the lights my friends. If I could park a shelby in my garage and drive it on sunny days I'd have one in a minute but if your looking for a car that goes anywhere at any time you can't beat the all wheel drive of the wrx.
dismay

Grande Prairie, Canada

#17 Dec 3, 2008
holy sh......t, the issue is not cars here folks, but blatant rascism, you sound like a bunch of nazis. Maybe when you buy your next ford, you can have the dealer do a swastika pin stripe for you you skin head shite
SAR 21

Tampa, FL

#18 Feb 14, 2009
The new 2009 WRX, STI I believe is not worth the extra money for comparative horse power upgrade, is the perfect car for Asia and most of the Americas where it does not snow. Unlike an exotic sports car, the WRX is rugged and handles very well on dirt roads, is appropriate for the urban environment of the city-state. The cost for the performance is unmatched by all except maybe Mazda and VW. Can anyone find a car that will hold up 10 years for the same price, drive well and not look out of place in Manhattan or Malaysia?

The blur ang mohs offending with "ricers" and "Japs" have issues with anything related to Asia, progress, discipline, hard work, and prosperity. They won't adjust to the 21st century and the new center of economic power and influence.
ScubiEJ22

Newtown, PA

#19 Jul 5, 2009
Don't know what hapnd to my last posting but I've raced a Jeep 4.0, pontiac sunfire, honda crx, Subaru xt 3.0 H6, & from light to light, several others & so far my Legacy wagon 2.2 smoked every one of them, & with a cold air intake &(fart can) I stil get 31mpg hwy.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#20 Jul 9, 2009
Asian cars are ugly characterless pieces of plastic trash.
All that asian car companies have ever done is imatate American and German car companies and copy their technologies.
No originality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Subaru Impreza Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help please. 08 subaru impreza sedan 2.5i_5 speed Nov '14 andrew 1
Stock speakers or upgrade for 2014 Impreza LTD Aug '14 newimprezaowner 1
impreza stalling in idle (Jul '09) Aug '14 tim cole 3
2012 Impreza oil consumption (Mar '14) Mar '14 Fred Johnson 1
oil consumption in a 2013 Impreza (May '13) Mar '14 Fred Johnson 2
2013 Impreza noise under rear of car while off (Mar '13) Feb '14 bob 2
Test Drive: 2013 Scion FR-S (Mar '13) Feb '14 Slimside87 3
More from around the web