Removing Door Panels in 2008 Impreza
Posted in the Subaru Impreza Forum
#1 Jun 11, 2008
I just replaced the speakers in the doors of my new 2008 Impreza wagon and thought I'd share the knowledge. Its pretty easy to do. There's only four screws to remove and the clips that hold everything together are easy enough to pop off, but sturdy enough that you don't have to worry about breaking them.
-(if you have door tweeters) start by prying the tweeter assembly, starting with the top corner. There is one big clip in the center of it holding it on.
- Pry open the two screw covers in the two door handles.(Use your fingernail or a plastic object if you are concerned about not scratching anything) Remove the two screws.
- Pry up the panel with the window switch and door locks, starting on the forward-most end.(be gentle because the plastic is easily gouged) Disconnect the two plugs.
- Remove the 2 screws that are now exposed.
- Pry open the bottom of the door and then pry open the sides. There is a couple good starting points you can see if you look for them. It takes a good amount of pressure to get it started, but once you get the first clip to pop out its real easy.
- You have more disconnecting to do if you wish to take the panel completely off, but at this point the speaker is well exposed.
- Unscrew the 3 screws to get the speaker/bracket out.
- With the speaker/bracket assembly removed, move the foam out of the way to get to the 6 screws that hold the speaker on the bracket. There's some glue holding it, so you'll need to pry it apart.
I hope this helps somebody.
#2 Jun 28, 2008
What kind of speakers did you put in.
#3 Aug 3, 2008
Bill - thanks for the tips! I had purchased some speakers for a previous car last year, then sold it for my new 08 impreza. I have been putting off getting the speakers installed because I wanted to do it myself. Yes, to save money, but also because I enjoy this kind of stuff. Anyway, your directions were very easy to follow, and I greatly appreciate the time you spent to type them up.
#4 Aug 10, 2008
Thanks very much, i have finally installed my new speakers ^^
#5 Feb 9, 2009
did you use any speaker harnesses?
#6 Apr 2, 2012
Hey thanks im getting ready to do it now lol putting some JL 6.5 convertibles in hope it all works
Add your comments below
|2013 Impreza Radio Display Problem||Apr 14||gatito_ninja||1|
|Cheap Kitchens For Sale Manchester||Jan '17||Anonymous||1|
|wrx subaru 2003||Jan '17||Iflybyu||1|
|NYIAS: TEASED! Subaru Gives Us A Glimpse Of The... (Mar '16)||Mar '16||Go Blue Forever||1|
|Subaru recalls 199,000 vehicles in cold-weather... (Jan '15)||Jan '15||SUV||1|
|2009 Subaru Impreza WRX: A Taste Of STI At 265 ... (Aug '08)||Dec '14||FHSubie660||43|
|help please. 08 subaru impreza sedan 2.5i_5 speed (Nov '14)||Nov '14||andrew||1|
Find what you want!
Search Subaru Impreza Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC