gail

La Minerve, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

I drive an 06 forester and had the above removed due to the recall...the next day my "check engine" light came on and long story short I am being told from my dealership that the air fuel sensor commonly known as the Front O2 has to be replaced at a cost of $472.00....I find this very suspicious since my car is in very good condition with only 47ooo kms and the "check engine" light has never come on before the removal of the fuel tank valve.....has this happened to anybody????
David Young

Brightwood, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

The one-way valve that was replaced was potentially starving fuel from the fuel pump and causing a mis-fire or back-fire that would permanently damage the catalytic converter. It is possible this event had already occurred with your Forester, with the front oxygen sensor having been damaged instead of the converter itself. This stems from a design flaw in the one-way fuel cut-off valve. See if Subaru will honor their 8-year 80,000 mile warranty on the catalytic converter since the O2 sensors are an integral part of the conversion process. Dealer could be wrong and it is not the sensor, but the converter covered under the warranty.
Harsh

Largo, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

My 2007 forester has a cracked fuel cut off valve according to Subaru dealership. Is this a common phenomen with subaru's? Appears to be manufacturing defect. Any recourse?
justin

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

I have an 07 forester. I had to change the engine due to rod bearings, new engine is in according to specs. New engine will fire up but won't stay running once we stop turning her over. Help????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Subaru Forester Discussions

Search the Subaru Forester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lights stay on (Oct '09) Thu Damien 11
2006 Forester - Check Engine light on and Cruis... (Jan '07) Apr 5 Genevieve 375
Warning lights problem 2009-Subaru Forester 2... (Feb '11) Apr 1 Martin Melbourne Aust 86
Engine light and flashing cruise control light Feb '14 Les 1
Subaru Forester won't start after "repair" for ... (Jan '11) Feb '14 Terry 10
My 2000 Forester will not start in single digits Jan '14 Jamie 1
06 Subaru Forester X Premium Overheats (Aug '06) Dec '13 ttrindadt 10
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••