disable seat belt chime
Carol

Nottingham, MD

#1 Apr 24, 2012
Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt bell? I wear my seat belt all the time while driving but when sitting and I don't have my seat belt on, it keeps ringing &it is very annoying!! For example, while sitting in my car & talking to someone, I would like to have that sound turned off!! My dealer can't disarm it but told me to google it!! LOL! Thanks!
Carol

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jan 23, 2013
How can you disable the Seat Belt chime? I need to turn it off while sitting in my car,I don't need my seat belt on while the engine is idling and listening to the radio, etc. Can anyone help? Thanks!
JD Forester 2012

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Apr 21, 2013
I, too would like to disable an alert "noise" on my Subaru. When I open or lock my car by using the button on the keyset, my neighbor comes out to talk to me. I may have to sneak out the back to a secluded parking lot somewhere if I can't disable that dern "noise-bell, beep, or whatever."

It would be neat to have a switch to disable both of the noises here, hear, heh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Subaru Forester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warning lights problem 2009-Subaru Forester 2... (Feb '11) Aug 31 Straight Talk 117
News ASK THE AUTO DOCTOR: Good solutions available f... (Mar '09) Aug 28 Into The Night 23
2008 forrester low idle and delayed throttle re... Aug 25 liner 2
2006 Forester - Check Engine light on and Cruis... (Jan '07) Aug 6 Deb-BC Canada 387
Engine light and flashing cruise control light (Feb '14) May '15 Fred 5
News The Facts Behind Subaru's Amazing Success in Am... (Sep '13) Apr '15 Symmetrical balls 3
1999 subaru forester (Jan '15) Jan '15 chonseler26 1
More from around the web