87 saab wont start...
Jon

Bristol, PA

#1 Jun 23, 2009
i just put in a radio and an amp and sub in my 87 saab 900 turbo 2.0. And after the 3 hours of re running wires becuase of the stock equalizer, i just finished up and then i went to start my car and it wouldnt fire. i have juice in the battery, and im getting spark, but the fuel pump wont turn on, so i jumped that and it runs and am getting fuel to the in jectors but then the in jectors arent firing or releasing the fuel, sprayed starter fluid in it it ran and turned over for a bit, thought i might have damaged the jettronic ecu so i grabbed one out of the junk yard, no go, changed the black comnp in the engine bay, no go but now i here it click on, but itll just turn over and thend start and as soon as it starts it wont stay running any longer than 10 seconds. so i took out the dash and unpluged the new radio and amp, to see if either i knocked soemthign off or cut somethign that i shouldnt of have..... stumped now, and the check engine light doesnt turn on anymore when i try to start. so yeah, any ideas before i just fukgin junk it, it has over 356000 miles on it and i bought it from a auto donation lot for 450 ( american) dollars, and it only had one owner besides me and the car lot since it was purchased brand new.. it ran great with no problems beside a lil rust and no radio..... lol its manual.. any info would help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saab 900 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Car owner devoted to maintenance can blow past ... (Sep '10) Dec '15 dolo 93
News 2011 Saab 9-3 and 9-5 Sedans for Half Price, bu... (Jan '12) May '12 Brian G 4
News Your Ridiculously Cool Saab 900 Turbo Cutaway W... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Tom-Norway 1
News Toyota, Tesla to build electric cars in Fremont (May '10) May '10 gino 1
News Should I keep or sell trusty Saab? (Feb '10) Mar '10 ChimeraOne 5
92 900 died and will now now start (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jazzman 1
News Hemminga s Buyers Guide - Saab 900 Turbo SPG (Feb '09) Feb '09 John 1
More from around the web