GM lets Saab die

GM lets Saab die

There are 4 comments on the CNN story from Dec 18, 2009, titled GM lets Saab die. In it, CNN reports that:

General Motors is shutting down its Swedish car brand, Saab, after attempts to close a deal with a buyer failed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#1 Dec 18, 2009
Saab's are weird, quirky, and WAY overpriced. Not much of a loss here.

Since: Dec 09

Escanaba, MI

#2 Dec 18, 2009
My favorite joke that I have posted about 5 times today on different forums.

Ready!!!

Talk about a SAAB story.

You know after posting this so many times I can kind of see why people don't find it funny. It really is kinda lame.

Oh well.

Northampton, UK

#4 Dec 19, 2009
I think this is terrible. The US government shouldn't have bailed out GM in the first place.

They are not capable of running a company properly. SAAB used to make excellent cars until GM took them over, it's been downhill ever since.

Omak, WA

#5 Dec 20, 2009
instead of closing the name why don't they just give it away like charity and claim it on taxes lol the saab story joke is funny i think lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saab 9-5 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Buick Add Diesels To Its Lineup Too--And W... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
News Saab Sale to National Electric Vehicle Sweden P... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ryan Bigra 1
News Chinese EV Company Buys Saab's Carcass, Hopes T... (Jun '12) Aug '12 Turbo Freak 3
News 2011 Saab 9-3 and 9-5 Sedans for Half Price, bu... (Jan '12) May '12 Brian G 4
News Thread of the Day: Would You Buy a Saab? (Feb '12) May '12 VFerr 9
News SAAB might crush 100 cars (Jan '12) Jan '12 Chriscam84 3
News Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: What Sa... (Dec '11) Dec '11 1983 Nine Hundred 1
More from around the web