Saab 9-5 unveiled amid uncertainty

There are 1 comment on the Worcester Telegram & Gazette story from Nov 27, 2011, titled Saab 9-5 unveiled amid uncertainty. In it, Worcester Telegram & Gazette reports that:

The Saab 9-5 is the sedan's first redesign in years. The design is refreshing because it doesn't look like every other midsize luxury sedan on the road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

hans440

United States

#1 Nov 29, 2011
I bought my first Saab this year after 40 years of BMW cars,my first car.This Saab lives up to my expectations as an enthusiast driver.At 98K miles the 9-5 SE wagon was a bargain at $4900. or even twice that with a sticker in 2002 of over $40K This has to be one of the best deals on the market.Once you understand the quirks and GM inspired design flaws like A/C vent doors not opening or closing properly ,which I have fixed, I expect this car to outlast my desire to push it to its limit.By the way ,this thing is fast, faster than my 535i BMW.I like the idea of being able to punch it at 40 mph and keep up with a Mustang or Corvette and walk away from all the rice burners.I like the idea but hopefully will not try to act on it with any regularity.I hope Saab can work out their finances and live to continue to make great distinctive cars in a world where almost all cars look the same and wear out long before you can pay them off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saab 9-5 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Buick Add Diesels To Its Lineup Too--And W... (Oct '13) Oct '13 SHYKORA PAUL arts 1
News Saab Sale to National Electric Vehicle Sweden P... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Ryan Bigra 1
News Chinese EV Company Buys Saab's Carcass, Hopes T... (Jun '12) Aug '12 Turbo Freak 3
News 2011 Saab 9-3 and 9-5 Sedans for Half Price, bu... (Jan '12) May '12 Brian G 4
News Thread of the Day: Would You Buy a Saab? (Feb '12) May '12 VFerr 9
News SAAB might crush 100 cars (Jan '12) Jan '12 Chriscam84 3
News Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: What Sa... (Dec '11) Dec '11 1983 Nine Hundred 1
More from around the web