Cadillac Escalade Review

Cadillac Escalade Review

There are 16 comments on the Curbside story from Mar 11, 2007, titled Cadillac Escalade Review. In it, Curbside reports that:

Whether you love 'em or not, large luxury SUVs are here to stay. The proof of that is the Porsche Cayenne. via Curbside

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Curbside.

something

Phoenix, AZ

#1 May 22, 2007
these are the best cars that i have ever seen.
REB

Scituate, MA

#2 Jun 22, 2007
I live on the telephone in my car(BMW 750i)I love the escalade. Just found out that through verizon you can use the onstar integrated system. Does the Escalade have telephone functions in it like, caller id that comes up on the screen, turn off radio when phone rings etc??? Escalade sales reps do not have a clue about this.
Also, does the heated windshiled washer fluid really work to get sap etc off of the windshield??
Thanks.
RB
Balla

Hamilton, Canada

#3 Jun 26, 2007
I am not a fan of the escalade, although the 2007 is nice it looks like a clone of the Denali, in my point of view the Lincoln Navigator which barely resembles the Expedition is the best choice for an SUV.
KIM

AOL

#4 Jun 29, 2007
Walk away,I mean Run with all your speed and stay away from the 2007 Cadillac Escalade. I sold my 2005 545i BMW to purchase this beast and now I cry everytime I think I got hoodwinked into buying a Cadi. Do you like your BMW on the highway when there is heavy traffic and all you have to do is roll up the windows to have complete silence? I roll up my windows and when I pass a truck on the freeway my wife tells me "Turn up the stereo".How about the BMW'S leather seats with the thick hides and beauty. On my 2007 Cadillac Escalade my son tore the rear passesnger seat in the first 3 months by sliding his baseball bag on the seat costing $500.00. You thought your BMW seat covers were expensive !!! Bluetooth rocks and On-Star is like comparing dial up service on a computer to cable high speed service. Stay away.. I'm a Republican, thankful that God Blesses America and apple pie but for God's sake buy European....

Since: Aug 07

Richfield, OH

#5 Aug 14, 2007
whoa... just in the nick of time...(i guess) lolz... anyways, most of you love escalade... probably you can check this blog http://escadillac.blogspot.com/

i hope you can enjoy it!
joe

Santa Maria, CA

#6 Nov 2, 2007
just got an 2007 escalade esv and love it
Jed

Tampa, FL

#7 Nov 29, 2007
I just traded my 2002 escalade on a 2005. I loved the 2002 and was sad to see it go. But I'm finding out that the new car is no match for the old. Ride sucks, less miles per gallon and they even change the keyles entry (fobs) so they all they do is open the door. Personalize my butttt. Pay more and get less I won't be doing this again.

Since: Apr 08

Mississauga, Canada

#8 Apr 5, 2008
KIM wrote:
Walk away,I mean Run with all your speed and stay away from the 2007 Cadillac Escalade. I sold my 2005 545i BMW to purchase this beast and now I cry everytime I think I got hoodwinked into buying a Cadi. Do you like your BMW on the highway when there is heavy traffic and all you have to do is roll up the windows to have complete silence? I roll up my windows and when I pass a truck on the freeway my wife tells me "Turn up the stereo".How about the BMW'S leather seats with the thick hides and beauty. On my 2007 Cadillac Escalade my son tore the rear passesnger seat in the first 3 months by sliding his baseball bag on the seat costing $500.00. You thought your BMW seat covers were expensive !!! Bluetooth rocks and On-Star is like comparing dial up service on a computer to cable high speed service. Stay away.. I'm a Republican, thankful that God Blesses America and apple pie but for God's sake buy European....
I love my 2007 escalade

Since: Apr 08

Mississauga, Canada

#9 Apr 5, 2008
I love my 2007 escalade
Rick

United States

#10 Jul 9, 2008
Anyone see an upgrade to bluetooth for the 2007 Escalade. Your right if it wasn't for the looks I would drop mine.
ATF

Sarasota, FL

#11 Oct 26, 2008
Own a 2008 Escalade EXT, Drove from FL to MI. Use last winter in MI. This vehicle is exceptional. The ride from FL to MI was relaxful and comfortable. We drove between 80 and 95 MPH. Driving in the winter snow was amazing. The EXT's long-wheel base and the All wheel drive is confident, even in high snow. Early morning drive from Holland to Grand Rapids at dark and with snow on the road was concerning, but the EXT was honestly amazing. The heated windshield wipers did great. To be able to start the car remotely, allowing the interior to heat, windshild and stering wheel. All I can say is this is indeed the vehicle that provides a parent the added comfort to have his son drive in. And this is the rest of the story. I live in FL, my son is in college in MI. He spoke to me many trips between his drive via his I-phone bluetooth and couldn't brag enough about his 2008 Excalade EXT. I drove with him between FL and MI and the drive was so pleasurble. Air conditioned seats for flordia...heated seats and steering wheel in the freezing MI. We traded in the 2005 Cadillac EXT for the 2008, while the 2005 was good...the 2008 is beyond expectation...this is Cadillac at it's best
NancyM

Irving, TX

#13 Mar 19, 2009
What to buy? Own '94 Suburban with over 300,000kms, no problems to date but looking to change soon. But what? Poor reviews on the newer trucks, no matter what make. We tow 6500 lbs camping and gas mileage a definite consideration plus reliability. So far checked: Avalanche, Suburban, Yukon, Escalade, Navigator, Tundra from '03-'07. Any ideas, 2 cats and 1 dog come along so need the space in back or crew cab. Thanks.
Self

United States

#14 Aug 30, 2010
We own a 2002 Cadillac Escalade and it is the biggest pile of crap ever made. It does not drive well, has lousy gas mileage and everything is breaking on it. I have given up and stopped fixing everything. I tried to find the address of GMC headquarters to write a letter of complaint, but oddly, it is not listed.

Never...never...never buy an Escalade. You will be sorry.

If you want a list of Pros and Cons, pls let me know. I will need a lot of room for the Cons.
Korey

Alamogordo, NM

#15 Dec 8, 2010
I have a09 escalade esv and i was wondering if anyone knew how to make the front DVD player work while driving. I know this is a safty feature but i have heard there is a way to make it work.If anyone has any info i would greatly appreciate it thanks.
kenneth

United States

#16 Feb 7, 2013
You people who down the escalade are crazy I'm from Florida and I've had thus thing in swamps, beaches, and now I'm in the mountains rock climbing with the truck and its amazing at everything it does.even racing on the interstates maybe you should use after market parts and stop crying about your minor complaints bunch of yuppies
Benzforlife

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Jul 28, 2014
toronto68 wrote:
<quoted text>I love my 2007 escalade
maybe you just don't know any better. The only thing I love is that my husband is c the one that drives it. Ok it's not that bad but it doesn't have many features like Mercedes. Bluetooth only works with phone...not Pandora or any other app on your phone. So I wonder what's the point on having Bluetooth only for your phone when you can't even see who is calling you on your screen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Porsche Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tesla envy grips Germany's giants Sep 6 Solarman 1
News 5 most expensive cars in America (Dec '15) Apr '16 exodice 4
News 2017 Acura NSX Priced From $157,800-$207,500 (Jan '16) Feb '16 900 assist 11
News VW Troubles Could Become Audi And Porsche Problems (Sep '15) Sep '15 GermanCarDepot 1
News Lamborghini's SUV Fits Volkswagen's Multibrand ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mir ahmad sharar 1
News Maserati may show Levante SUV in Detroit (May '15) May '15 Joe Balls 3
News Ask Us All Your Deep Burning Questions About Th... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Licensed Fartmaster 2
More from around the web