Ferdinand Porsche Dies

Ferdinand Porsche Dies

There are 1 comment on the INAUTONEWS story from Apr 5, 2012, titled Ferdinand Porsche Dies. In it, INAUTONEWS reports that:

Ferdinand Porsche, the man behind the 911 sports car died Thursday in Salzburg, Austria at age 76, Porsche AG said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at INAUTONEWS.

Joseph Mayer

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#1 Apr 5, 2012
As an American/German Porsche Master Technician and licensed Aircraft Technician I have always admired the design brilliance of the Porsche family and all the skilled workers, machinists, assemblers and workers that brought the Porsche and Volkswagen products to market. My first new car was a 1970 VW Beetle and I owned a 1957 Porsche Speedster. Their cars always appealed to me and made sense in design and function. I have worked on most every European import here but the cars created by VW and Porsche were always special to me. I was told that my Grandmother was from Stuttgart and I would love to live in Germany and meet and visit so many of the people and places that make the products. I always respected their discipline and methods. They have been teachers and leaders in the technical world on design and procedures for so many decades and I feel they should have deserved more credit for what they accomplished. They did the impossible with a small company for so long against so many odds and yet every time were able to create improved designs. I am sad to see the passing of Butzi and wish the the best for the Porsche family and relatives. The world will not see men like this again. It is sad to see them go but their gifted brilliance has left so much behind for others, it is hard to imagine. Thank you Ferdinand and God Bless you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Porsche 911 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 year maintenance Aug '17 Mark 1
84 targa Aug '17 PSOWLES 1
News What Would You Buy? 2009 Carrera S Or BMW M3? (Jul '08) Jul '17 Alan 29
using coolant Jul '17 2fat4me2 1
News Winnipeg Jets Enjoy Thrill of Speed (Jul '17) Jul '17 LURCHs PEONs 3
2013 911 drive (May '17) May '17 simpsonc 1
News "Weird,' "wild,' "ludicrous': The Lexus UX (Oct '16) Oct '16 Badyear Tires Inc 5
More from around the web