G6 message "Charger Park"

G6 message "Charger Park"

Posted in the Pontiac G6 Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Keith

United States

#1 Jun 27, 2009
This message comes on when I first start the car. First time I have seen the message, does anyone know what it means?
Texas G6 owner

Pasadena, TX

#2 Aug 3, 2009
I just got the same message and the car did not want to start. Seems to be associated with an electrical problem - I called the dealer and the service man had never heard of this error message!
Ken - Hawaii

Honolulu, HI

#3 Aug 26, 2009
Texas G6 owner wrote:
I just got the same message and the car did not want to start. Seems to be associated with an electrical problem - I called the dealer and the service man had never heard of this error message!
I received the same message on our DIC, and the Pontiac service rep verified that the note is actually "Changer Parked". He added that this was related to my battery change and the resetting of the music CD player (CD changer). It was cleared out by cycling out and playing CDs in the CD changer... I followed this and it cleared.
Renee G

Lowell, MA

#4 Jan 15, 2010
I keep getting this message charger parked and i keep needing to have my car jumpstarted what can i do??
Renee G

Lowell, MA

#5 Jan 15, 2010
Ken - Hawaii wrote:
<quoted text>
I received the same message on our DIC, and the Pontiac service rep verified that the note is actually "Changer Parked". He added that this was related to my battery change and the resetting of the music CD player (CD changer). It was cleared out by cycling out and playing CDs in the CD changer... I followed this and it cleared.
What do i need to do with the CD changer. I did not change the battery yet, but how do i reset the music CD Player?
Ken - Hawaii

Honolulu, HI

#6 Jan 19, 2010
I think the key is getting a new battery, then cycle your cd's in the CD changer. Since your battery is weak, your CD changer keeps resetting after every jump-start, thus "Changer Parked". My "factory" battery lasted for only 2 years, then it was deader than a door nail. this is what worked for me.
Dave- Ohio

Youngstown, OH

#7 Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for the info. Replaced the battery and this message appeared. Could not find it anywhere in the manual, so your suggestions were really helpful.
mike north canton ohio

Erie, PA

#8 Jan 23, 2011
73000 mi. Got the same message. Battery tested ok, but needed a charge. Put a NEW battery in...all is fine now,...no message!
Eva in Oklahoma

AOL

#9 Sep 24, 2011
I went out of town for two days with a friend and when I got back home my car wouldn't start. The battery was dead. My friend jump started me and ever since that day, my G6 has ran fine but I keep getting "Charger Parked" when I start or stop my car. Another friend of mine told me that she had heard on the news that car batteries were going dead a lot in the summer heat that we had in Oklahoma (110 degrees)I googled it to find out that the cells can dry out from the heat. I assumed that was what was wrong and went on about my business after my car was jumped.
Being a female, I am now wondering if I need to take my car to Auto Zone for a battery check, since reading these other posts. Any suggestions?
Linda - Iowa

Omaha, NE

#10 Nov 1, 2011
Ken - Hawaii wrote:
I think the key is getting a new battery, then cycle your cd's in the CD changer. Since your battery is weak, your CD changer keeps resetting after every jump-start, thus "Changer Parked". My "factory" battery lasted for only 2 years, then it was deader than a door nail. this is what worked for me.
I have a Malibu 07 Ken - Hawaii
This helped me alot after my battery died, and got a new one. I kept getting this message. The mechanics didn't know and he called a tech, still they didn't know. Thanks to your advise I ran the cd through and the message is gone. Thank you
Lisa - CT

Norwalk, CT

#11 Nov 22, 2011
I have a 2006 G6 and just got the message charger parked... and my car would not start. A quick stop at Auto Zone, they tested my battery and suggested a new one. Had one installed and car has started since, but still get the message. Will try to reset my cd changer. Thanks Ken!
Juanita - MN

Elko, NV

#12 Jan 18, 2012
Thanks for the information about message charger parked. I changed the battery and hope this will correct the problem.
Heather

Pelzer, SC

#13 Feb 19, 2012
Ken - Hawaii wrote:
<quoted text>
I received the same message on our DIC, and the Pontiac service rep verified that the note is actually "Changer Parked". He added that this was related to my battery change and the resetting of the music CD player (CD changer). It was cleared out by cycling out and playing CDs in the CD changer... I followed this and it cleared.
Hi Ken! Do you mean to eject all current cd's in the changer and replace with maybe newer ones and load all 6 in the changer?
Ken - Hawaii

San Diego, CA

#14 Feb 24, 2012
At the time I had no cd's in, so I inserted, then cycled through a portion of a song, then ejected the cd. Awhile back, but I think that's what I did.
Bob

Denver, CO

#15 Jul 25, 2012
I had a dead battery and when I replaced the battery with a new one, this message appeared when I first got in the car to start it. I followed Ken's advice and recycled all the CD's in the car, then played at least 1 song on each CD. When I completed this action, I didn't get that message again and everything seems good to go..
Thanks Ken for the great advice. Seems service managers don't know what this is for the most part, so looking this up and reading what Ken did solved the problem......Love the Internet!!!
jwiswldcat

Springtown, TX

#16 Sep 10, 2012
You have a bad battery go to autozone have them check it, change it out,problem fixed.
Wayne - Georgia

Fayetteville, GA

#17 Sep 20, 2012
Ken - Hawaii wrote:
<quoted text>
I received the same message on our DIC, and the Pontiac service rep verified that the note is actually "Changer Parked". He added that this was related to my battery change and the resetting of the music CD player (CD changer). It was cleared out by cycling out and playing CDs in the CD changer... I followed this and it cleared.
Thanks for the help. Changed the battery in my 2009 Pontaic G6 and started receiving the following message on my radio screen: CHARGER PARKED. After playing a CD in my player it cleared up the problem. Called the service advisor at the dealer but they had no solution.
deb

Katy, TX

#18 Dec 29, 2012
Wayne - Georgia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the help. Changed the battery in my 2009 Pontaic G6 and started receiving the following message on my radio screen: CHARGER PARKED. After playing a CD in my player it cleared up the problem. Called the service advisor at the dealer but they had no solution.
charger parked came on yesterday & now my car won't start.
deb

Katy, TX

#19 Dec 29, 2012
charger parked message showed up yesterday, now my car wont start.
Ken - Hawaii

Aiea, HI

#20 Dec 31, 2012
Buy a new battery, then load a cd and play to reset the parked message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pontiac G6 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pontiac (g6) front brake rotors (Aug '07) Nov '16 ramram98 134
e brake Oct '16 sarchey 1
Front vents Oct '16 jgater 1
Pennzoil platinum add Lucas stabilizer? Sep '16 Rmon 1
Front brake problem on 07 Pontiac G6. (May '10) Apr '16 bored60over 3
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP exterior lighting issues (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ktmcfarland 1
News 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible (Oct '07) Jun '15 phillip123 22
More from around the web