pontiac (g6) front brake rotors

Posted in the Pontiac G6 Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
BRONCO BILLY

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2007
THE FRONT ROTORS ON MY PONTIAC (G6) ARE WARPPED. THE CAR HAS 12,000 MILES & THE PADS ARE LIKE NEW. THE DEALER WANTS TO CUT THEM AND CHARGE ME. FORGET ABOUT THAT SHIT- I WANT NEW ROTORS.
Robin

AOL

#2 Sep 4, 2007
I had to go through the same mess as well, but I will have to go back this week to get them worke don again.
Linda

Chandler, AZ

#3 Nov 27, 2007
I have had the sam problem since I bought the car. Kept taking it in with brake noise. They tell me the pads are always like new but the rotors need turned but aren't covered under warranty.
Ryan

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Mar 29, 2008
I had the same problem with my G6, sounds like a factory recall should be in order here.
Jennifer

Kansas City, MO

#5 Apr 8, 2008
I am having the same issue with the rotors warping and going bad. I have NEVER had this problem with any other vehicle I have ever owned. I just had this most recent set of rotors/brakes repaired at Thanksgiving. Now, the problem is back, just as bad as ever. It hasn't even been six months! I keep seeing lots of posts about this problem all over the net, but there doesn't seem to be anything out there about resolving it, other than typical dealership repair rape.
Chass

Findlay, OH

#6 Apr 29, 2008
I have a 2007 G6 which I signed the lease papers last February -We just replaced the front rotors this morning and now have been told the back will need to be replaced - Just a heads up - I have a call into my dealership and will follow up with Pontiac as well - This sounds more of a SAFETY & RECALL issue then just bad rotors!!!! If you type in Pontiac G6 brake rotor problems in google you get a list of websites that are showing more and concerns!!! Some one needs to get this problem resolved!
Mike

Woodstock, MD

#7 May 16, 2008
I just bought my g6 late 07' and have taken it in two times to take care of the front rotor problem. I think the last time I got them done was about six or seven month ago and know again I have to take it back in and get it fix again. Oh and the last time I got them fix they put brand new rotors on and the problem still came back. If they don't fix this problem this time I will not buy another pontiac.
Miram

Chicago, IL

#8 May 21, 2008
I have had several Pontiac in the past never a problem. Now at 23000 miles mine were warp. The dealer fixed them ( grinded them done) now 6 months later I had to pay to replace them, they were rusted.
I called customer services at Pontiac, they talk to the dealer and the dealer states that this is routine maintenance.
As I quoted to them, I am no Mario Andretti, and this was a flaw in the alloy or the design.
I am out close to $ 500 and I just made 38000 miles on my car.
michels287

Hazleton, PA

#9 Jun 18, 2008
I can't believe the rotors on my pontiac g6 also. RECALL!

It's crap - my car was in after the first 10,000 to get them grinded down, not in warranty, and two days ago I had the thing towed because of how dangerous it became for me to drive it from these faulty rotors.

What a sad shame. Will never recommend to anyone.
choyce7

United States

#10 Jul 20, 2008
I am having the same problem with my 2006 G6! Recall!!!
Mike fromNY

Fairfield, CT

#11 Jul 22, 2008
I just was told my Pontiac G6 2008 with 15000 miles needs new front brakes, completely gone and a new rotor and a warped one that can be reshaped, and i have to replace the rear brakes to prevent the rotor damage that occured rather quickly on the fronT from reading the other reviews and based on my past experience am I coorect in thinking that 15, 000 miles is too soon to run through a pair of brakes and have damaged rotors! Whats goin on!
Alicia

Haledon, NJ

#12 Jul 23, 2008
My boyfriend has a 2007 Pontiac G6 with 12,000 miles. The car was shaking badly when he applied the brakes. He just called me from the Dealership... he's got rotor damage and they want to cut them down - they are charging over $200 - first of all - Im pissed that everyone seems to be having the same problem and secondly - that price sounds way too high to me. Am I wrong?
Lindsey

Blairsville, PA

#13 Aug 6, 2008
I've had numerous problems with my '06 G6 GT and it has under 16,000 miles! The roters are being replaced as we speak and now the brakes are shot! I've had it in three times for water leakage (twice for the sunroof and once for the trunk). I've also had the wheels replaced because they rusted out - the dealer blamed it on the salt used on the road in PA?!?!?!?!? I've always loved Pontiacs, but I will never buy another one after this! It's pretty bad when the mechanics know who you are when you call with another problem!
Tanya

AOL

#14 Aug 14, 2008
I have a 06'G6 and we've had it since it only had 3 miles on the car and we were on our way down to Florida from Mass when the breaks went.. we took it to a Pontiac dealer in FL hoping we would be covered but they said only the calipers were under warranty and tried charging us $700 for breaks and rotors. We couldnt afford it so we took it to "Just Breaks" and they replaced the pads and resurfaced the rotors for $380. No sooner did we get back from FL did the breaks go again.. we brang it to Pontiac up here and they said since we brought it to "Just Breaks" and they didnt put GM parts on the car, we werent covered and they wouldnt touch the car. This is complete bullshit. We have 30,000 and this is going to be the third time were replacing the breaks.. its time for a f***ing recall. Or im filing a complaint against GM b/c im not paying $336 a month for a piece of shit!!
Deborah

Chicago, IL

#15 Aug 18, 2008
I don't blame you! This is highway robbery!!! They got me too with a 2008 G6. Service tech wants to act like this is the first he has ever heard of this. You can't tell me that this is the first time someone has called you about this. He then wants to charge me $771.15. Not going to happen!!! I say we start showing up at these dealerships and leaving the pieces of crap on their lots!!!
Tanya wrote:
I have a 06'G6 and we've had it since it only had 3 miles on the car and we were on our way down to Florida from Mass when the breaks went.. we took it to a Pontiac dealer in FL hoping we would be covered but they said only the calipers were under warranty and tried charging us $700 for breaks and rotors. We couldnt afford it so we took it to "Just Breaks" and they replaced the pads and resurfaced the rotors for $380. No sooner did we get back from FL did the breaks go again.. we brang it to Pontiac up here and they said since we brought it to "Just Breaks" and they didnt put GM parts on the car, we werent covered and they wouldnt touch the car. This is complete bullshit. We have 30,000 and this is going to be the third time were replacing the breaks.. its time for a f***ing recall. Or im filing a complaint against GM b/c im not paying $336 a month for a piece of shit!!
Matt

Purcellville, VA

#16 Aug 25, 2008
Does anyone with the problem have bumper to bumper warrenty? will that make any difference? i have had all the same problems. my rear brakes are shot and i only have 30k on my car. mostly highway miles! also have had sunroof leakin problems. that was covered though.
Deby

Tempe, AZ

#17 Aug 27, 2008
I have had 4 new sets of brakes on my 2005 grand am in 8 months, it seems that only the front passenger side is affected. I have also replaced the calipers on the front passenger side. Has anyone else been affected by brake problems? I am tired of them squealing on one day and the next they are nothing but metal to metal.
Deby

Tempe, AZ

#18 Aug 27, 2008
I have had to have my brakes replaced 4 times in the last 8 months. It seems to only be the front passenger side that is affected. One day they are squealing and the next day they are metal to metal. I have also had the calipers replaced on the fron passenger side. Has anyone else had this issue with his or her vehicle?
Deby

Tempe, AZ

#19 Aug 27, 2008
oops too many posts
Deby

Tempe, AZ

#20 Aug 27, 2008
Maybe the Better Business Bureau is the next step I will never buy a pontiac again.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pontiac G6 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timing guards keep breaking Mar '17 G6girl 1
e brake (Oct '16) Oct '16 sarchey 1
Front vents (Oct '16) Oct '16 jgater 1
Pennzoil platinum add Lucas stabilizer? (Sep '16) Sep '16 Rmon 1
Front brake problem on 07 Pontiac G6. (May '10) Apr '16 bored60over 3
G6 message "Charger Park" (Jun '09) Oct '15 Toya 36
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP exterior lighting issues (Aug '15) Aug '15 Ktmcfarland 1
More from around the web