Shelly

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

I have an Olds Intrigue2000 we just put in new starter and battery but sometimes when your driving down the street the car shows completely off there is no power at all. then you have to turn off the ignition and turn it back on and order for the car to start again does anyone have any suggestions?
yogi

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

ANGEL wrote:
I have a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue I've replaced the water pump, thermostat, radiator, fans,and bottle.Why is it still overheating?
gm has a revised thermostat that will rectify the overheating issue.. have had 2 intrigues that overheated and after doing the water pump on both and installing a napa thermostat found out that there was a revised part.. has to be from general motors..
Anonymous

Chirala, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

yeah heather is correct i also used thermostat housing
Kenny

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Shelly wrote:
I have an Olds Intrigue2000 we just put in new starter and battery but sometimes when your driving down the street the car shows completely off there is no power at all. then you have to turn off the ignition and turn it back on and order for the car to start again does anyone have any suggestions?
too little too late purhaps, try relay for ignition $15.00
Kenny

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Kenny wrote:
<quoted text>too little too late purhaps, try relay for ignition $15.00
also, cam position sensor /$60.00 Both EZ to replace yourself. Consult 'How To' website, repairs are simple fix.
Dave

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

steve wrote:
my 2000 intrigue has had a problem with the climate control and the cruise control. I am happy to report that the ignition switch is the problem. Iwould also like to thank those that have posted sugestions because the cliamate control problem has baffeled everyone that looked over this problem. two shops just said they could'nt fix it and threw up thier hands. thanks for the help
Regarding the replacement of the ignition switch, can someone tell me if it is the switch in the dash that you put the key in or the ignition switch that is located towards to base of the steering column. Thanks.
mamaa

Middleboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

LaShonna wrote:
Can someone please help----I lost my car manual, so I cannot figure out what this one light is that keeps coming on. I had alot of work done on my car last year, but there is picture of a box- and inside the box, there is an arrorw pointing downward, and it looks as if its pointing to some type of liquid. The light comes on and off while driving, and I hear a knocking/clicking sound. My mechanic cannot find what it is, and he has pretty much fixed everything under the hood. If anyone has a manual and can look up that service light, please let me know. I know there's something wrong with it and I want to catch it before it grows into something bigger. I can't afford a new car right now!!
Also, Thank you for the above comments because i've been having the same issues. My cruise control stopped working a while ago and my air works when it wants to. Have had everything tested, and still the same issue. Gonna have them do the iginition switch!
low coolant light
work car

York Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

I had the overheating issue also. I purchased an enhanced flow thermostat housing unit and purged the air out of the system with a garden hose and ball valve. Fixed me up, no more issues. The standard replacement thermostat did not work for me. Only overheated in the winter months. The heater hoses got so hot the coolant was boiling but the radiator hoses stayed cool. This thermostat works differently because this is a reverse flow system. The enhanced flow design is the ticket to getting the second cooling loop to open. Hope this Helps, I know I was frustrated at the time.
chris

Hephzibah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

you might have air inn the lines
chris

Hephzibah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

i have a 2000 oldsmobile intrigue i need to replace the heater ac control is there a way to convert from digital to manual
Andrew

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

I have a 2000 Intrigue with the climate control problem. I replaced the ignition switch and it fixed the problem but only for about 12 months and it started cutting out again. I replaced it a 2nd time and it worked again but only for about 6 months. I replaced it a 3rd time and it worked but only for a day. Now it's acting up again. I have been replacing the ignition switch with the plug-ins on it. Do I need to replace the tumbler the key goes in as well? Not sure what to do. Should I try the ignition switch again!?!?!?!?!?
Andrew

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Also, if I hit the dash it will come on sometimes and sometimes not. Is there possibly a bad conection or another switch under there besides the ignition switch I need to replace?

Since: Feb 08

Kagoshima, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Weather Is Being Controlled

http://book.geocities.jp/japans_conspiracy/01...

It may be good if it is controlled with good will.

But, in fact, the weather is being controlled with completely evil will and under perfect crime.
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

I have a 1999 Intrigue with the climate control problem, do I need to replace the tumbler and the ignition switch.

Since: Feb 08

Kagoshima, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Many Governments Bully Their Own People by Weather Disasters

http://book.geocities.jp/japans_conspiracy/01...

It's really an evil but artful conspiracy.
LIGHTNING

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

I really appreciate the forum on Olds Intrigue climate control and cruise control issues. I've been a mechanic for almost 30 years and my colleagues and I couldn't figure out the problem on my wife's car without all the good advice about the ignition switch. Kudo's to all who participated!
Thank you
Jon

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Andrew wrote:
Also, if I hit the dash it will come on sometimes and sometimes not. Is there possibly a bad conection or another switch under there besides the ignition switch I need to replace?
I work at a GM dealership and had a customers 99 intrigue many times for the climate issue. I was able to fix the concern. There were a few connector terminals on the climate control harness that were losing connection. With the control unit loose but still connected you can wiggle the connector and the climate control unit turns on and off. There is a test WITHIN all diagnostic procedures available to all service shops called a terminal drag test which will tell if the terminal makes good contact when plugged in. I will say it is a tedious process which use mechanics don't usually get paid for so many skip this part of the diagnostic process. All accusations aside this was the definite fix for my climate related issue that is so strikingly similar to the rest. Makes sense now that no one has quite found the fix. Hope this helped
Jimmy D

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Most of the comments above talking about heating cooling moduale problems sound just like mine.Took my 1999 olds intrigue to the car dealership for diagnostic and they said sure we can fix it with a new $1200.00 moduale I said no thanks I think I will try the ignition switch instead. Thanks for the tips.
angie

Muldrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

my car tries to overheat while idoling but if i keep reving it up it goes down. then the heater blows cool air unless ive got my foot on the accelerator then it blows warm i take it off it starts blowing cold again. no clue what to do. i have had the thermostate checked they say its fine PLEASE HELP

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oldsmobile Discussions

Search the Oldsmobile Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ford, GM tie staff bonuses to quality Apr '14 Joe 1
99 Olds Intrigue (Feb '06) Apr '14 Melissa 227
Michigan's Dingell won't seek re-election to Co... Feb '14 spud 2
Horn starts blowing at 4AM on 14F degree morning (Mar '09) Feb '14 MTVinNJ 6
WWII oldsmobile factory workers, war effort Jan '14 Sue 1
1990 oldsmobile ninety eight pga edition (Mar '08) Jan '14 PGA Emblems 28
GM Dealers Say Low Demand, Not Lack of Supply E... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Solarman 1
•••

Buy a New Car