Panic in Detroit, worries in Vallejo ...

Panic in Detroit, worries in Vallejo as GM's future hangs in ba...

There are 21 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Panic in Detroit, worries in Vallejo as GM's future hangs in ba.... In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Team's Ken Ross is warily optimistic about the future of General Motors, which may face a bankruptcy reorganization that could hurt the Vallejo car dealership.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alg

Lafayette, CA

#1 Mar 9, 2009
TEAM might having trouble selling Oldsmobiles. If TEAM is doing well, why have they abandoned the Mazda-Hundayi lot and moved to the Chevrolet-Cadillac building. GM's model lineup does not compare in quaility and price to Honda, Toyota and Nissan. Comsumer Reports still has car owners voting that they are not happy with GM vehicles. Now that trucks and SUVs have dropped rock bottom in sales and GM products such as Buick, Pontiac, GMC and Saturn are not selling. I'm afraid the TEAM will end up like Cornelius Ford and Vallejo will have two big vacant lots.

“The Lord has truly blessed me.”

Since: Jul 08

Lafayette, California

#2 Mar 9, 2009
GM stopped manufacturing Oldsmobile a LOOOOOOONG time ago. TEAM is doing as well as a business can after they have messed over their loyal customer base in the area. I fear you are right Alg about TEAM's fate; could Ron Barber be keeping them afloat? Could Barber come back in a big way?
Old Vallejo Boy

Vacaville, CA

#3 Mar 10, 2009
Your right Kenny Ross thought he could donate his way to heaven. OOps that didn't workout since his name is worse than Ron Barber. Team is done, they have screwed everyone they could get there hands on. Just like the rest of the jews in Vallejo he is the top Jew that has over charged every Vallejoan and I would not recommend anyone doing business there. Even if we are trying to help out our town.
Liz O Mallory

United States

#4 Mar 10, 2009
My father went to Team for a brake job mind you he is in his 80's and they ripped him off for 2,300 for a job we could have done elsewhere in town for 350.00 how do we know I took the invoice from Team and took it to three different shops without showing them the invoice and all came back in 300 to 350 range. I hope they go right down the drain and every-time I am at a function I will bad mouth them till I'm lying in my death bed. Kenny Ross your a crook

Lafayette, California

#5 Mar 11, 2009
Man, I wish I could say more, and tell you all more. Karma is a b**ch! What goes around comes around. Ask Mr. Ross where is long time childhood buddie ended up after Ross gave him the boot. Loyalty means nothing to a snake; just an opportunity for him to strike and sink his fangs in deeper.
Nightfly

Oakland, CA

#6 Mar 11, 2009
Old Vallejo Boy wrote:
Your right Kenny Ross thought he could donate his way to heaven. OOps that didn't workout since his name is worse than Ron Barber. Team is done, they have screwed everyone they could get there hands on. Just like the rest of the jews in Vallejo he is the top Jew that has over charged every Vallejoan and I would not recommend anyone doing business there. Even if we are trying to help out our town.
Is there a law on here that within the first 3 posts, one has to be an ignorant bigot?? Sure seems that way.
sold cars

United States

#7 Mar 11, 2009
The truth is the truth sorry to say! That place preys on blacks and mexicans so they can rip there heads off. They don't want Mr. Whitey to come thru the doors because he might have an education and they wont be able to steal his money. They only want the uneducated to come in so they can rip them off. There favorite is the Mexicans from Mexico they just rip them from head to toe.

By the way I quit that store because all that I have written I couldn't take advantage of my people from Mexico. So I'm selling beds if anyone wants one.
Nightfly wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a law on here that within the first 3 posts, one has to be an ignorant bigot?? Sure seems that way.

Lafayette, California

#8 Mar 11, 2009
sold cars wrote:
The truth is the truth sorry to say! That place preys on blacks and mexicans so they can rip there heads off. They don't want Mr. Whitey to come thru the doors because he might have an education and they wont be able to steal his money. They only want the uneducated to come in so they can rip them off. There favorite is the Mexicans from Mexico they just rip them from head to toe.
By the way I quit that store because all that I have written I couldn't take advantage of my people from Mexico. So I'm selling beds if anyone wants one.
<quoted text>
When did you work there? I was there off and on from 2001 to 2007.
sold cars

United States

#9 Mar 12, 2009
if you worked there that long u must know all the dirty laundry on the owner? Why don't you spread some of it on here so no one else gets the shorts stolen from them
parental involvement wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you work there? I was there off and on from 2001 to 2007.

Lafayette, California

#10 Mar 12, 2009
sold cars wrote:
if you worked there that long u must know all the dirty laundry on the owner? Why don't you spread some of it on here so no one else gets the shorts stolen from them
<quoted text>
I don't want Kenny suing me for defaming his glorious reputation. I am also in litigation with them right now, so I need to be careful; anything I say could damage my suit. But trust me, as soon as I hear someone say they need a car I tell them to steer clear of TEAM and to go to Toyota or even Rose Imports to see Bill, he worked with me at TEAM and was a nice guy.
I worked with Gilbert, Abel, Sirguy, Essam, Maria, Terry and a host of other good sales people who were also let down by TEAM.
since 1954

United States

#11 Mar 13, 2009
Purchased a new tranny for my cadillac 03 and six months later it toke a **** and then the service manager said certain things weren't coverage and They ended up sticking it to me 3,800 for my tranny and I had a service contract!!!!!!!!!! I have made it my choice to never ever send anyone to that pit hole. Yes, THE OWNER IS A GREEDY JEW THAT LIKES TO SCREW EVERYONE THAT WALKS THRU THE DOOR.

parental involvement wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not, there are tons of dealerships that will be more than happy to sell you a car. Good Y.

Lafayette, California

#12 Mar 15, 2009
The Service Managers make a nice commission for charging so much your service; and it is all done with a concerned look and a sweet smile.
Satisfied

AOL

#13 Apr 27, 2009
We've purchased several cars from Team and were treated very fair. Ken Ross is a stand up guy. Some of you here sound like disgruntled employees who have a beef with him. You should grow some and talk directly to Ken about it.
SayWhat

AOL

#14 Apr 27, 2009
Satisfied wrote:
We've purchased several cars from Team and were treated very fair. Ken Ross is a stand up guy. Some of you here sound like disgruntled employees who have a beef with him. You should grow some and talk directly to Ken about it.
Great post you wrote KEN!.
keepitsimple

AOL

#15 Apr 27, 2009
I remember when Ken and the other car dealers cut that sweet heart deal with the City of Vallejo by having the city waive all the permit,development, and impact fees for their Auto Row project. This saving them million$ and costing Vallejo million$ in lost revenue.

City officials told the public,"don't worry these car dealers will be selling so many more cars out of the new Auto Row that Vallejo will make all that lost revenue back in just 3-4 years".

Another huge business blunder caused by corrupt and incompetent city officals.
Satisfied

AOL

#16 Apr 28, 2009
SayWhat wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post you wrote KEN!.
Whatever. I bought a Crew Cab dually from him. Mike Drinker was our finance guy.

Troll?
SayWhat

Petaluma, CA

#17 Apr 28, 2009
Another great post KEN!!
Satisfied

AOL

#18 Apr 28, 2009
SayWhat wrote:
Another great post KEN!!
Whatever.
This place has problems

Newark, CA

#19 Apr 30, 2009
Between the two threads this is a rat hole!!!! BBB and dmv should shut them down
Dont Act Up

Santa Rosa, CA

#20 Apr 30, 2009
sold cars wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you achieved your education level very well :) please continue to achieve greatness :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oldsmobile Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blount Co. authorities locate body of Christian... Dec '17 Timbuck 2 1
News 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (Aug '09) Nov '17 Kevvy 3
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '08) Feb '17 Richard Hutton 18
2000 oldsmobile intrigue (Feb '17) Feb '17 Brandy262000 1
1990 oldsmobile ninety eight pga edition (Mar '08) Jan '17 William 29
Horn starts blowing at 4AM on 14F degree morning (Mar '09) Dec '16 taylorphotographic 7
News Chevy Bolt Wins Car Of The Year Award, Beats Te... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web