Intrigue wont start
Dan

AOL

#1 Dec 8, 2008
Started it up to go to work and it was running rough. Made it about a mile and decided to go back home. Turned it off in the driveway. Hasn't started since. It cranks over just fine. The code put out was P0300. Multiple misfires. This is the only code. Am I wrong in thinking this is the crank position sensor. Are there any simple tests I can perform on the sensor. I have a meter but no occiliscope.
Rid1970

Savage, MN

#2 Dec 15, 2008
Did you get this fixed yet? If not, which engine does it have, the 3.8L or 3.5L? You didn't run it out of gas, did you? If not, then verify that the engine has a fueling problem or not by spraying t-body cleaner into a vacuum hose, then immediately crank over the engine and see if it runs for a few seconds. If so, then the fuel pump probably failed.
IF it still doesn't start, does the tachometer move while cranking over the engine? If not, then probably safe to say the crankshaft sensor has failed. If the tach is moving, then pull a few of the spark plugs and see if any are wet. If so, make sure the wetness is only fuel, not coolant. If you suspect coolant and you have the 3.8L engine, then the upper intake manifold make have cracked along a cooling passage, causing coolant to get sucked into the engine. This is a somewhat common issue w/ that engine. Update this post if you can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oldsmobile Intrigue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strange clacking noise (Jun '16) Jun '16 Marps11 1
Silver 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Parts. Great Deals (Feb '09) Nov '12 tom 5
1998 Intrigue Anti-skid braking (Mar '10) Mar '10 Randy Engler 1
idle pulley (Mar '09) Mar '09 eric 1
News "Mean Mom" sells son's car (Jan '08) Jan '08 vincent whitebear 11
More from around the web