Toyota Tacoma compact pickup selling ...

Toyota Tacoma compact pickup selling like a full-size

There are 12 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 23, 2012, titled Toyota Tacoma compact pickup selling like a full-size. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Having just spent this week driving the 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4X4 , it does not surprise me that it is the fastest selling compact pickup truck in the US.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

WTFwiththat

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Sep 24, 2012
What a Joke!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 24, 2012
WTFwiththat wrote:
What a Joke!
What, that it's a hot selling truck?
WTFwiththat

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Sep 26, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
What, that it's a hot selling truck?
No, that there are so many sheep out there buying foreign crap.

(Sheep: People who don't understand the auto or truck business, and rely on advertisements and consumer magazines of what is the best to buy)
Which the truck or auto companies pay the magazine to hype their vehicle.
(Motor Trend admitted in 1988 & 1989 Fords)
Rob San Diego

San Diego, CA

#4 Sep 27, 2012
WTFwiththat wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that there are so many sheep out there buying foreign crap.
(Sheep: People who don't understand the auto or truck business, and rely on advertisements and consumer magazines of what is the best to buy)
Which the truck or auto companies pay the magazine to hype their vehicle.
(Motor Trend admitted in 1988 & 1989 Fords)
Who builds the most american car? That would be Toyota you idiot. Not GM with all those union thugs. Never buy GM, they will not exist in ten years without tax payers money supporting those filthy union thugs with billion more .
WTFwiththat

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Sep 27, 2012
Rob San Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
Who builds the most american car? That would be Toyota you idiot. Not GM with all those union thugs. Never buy GM, they will not exist in ten years without tax payers money supporting those filthy union thugs with billion more .
I guess it takes one to know one you F**king Idiot.
Toyota is crap. just like you maggot.
Hope your brakes can't stop you also.
lol
ToyotaRocks

San Antonio, TX

#6 Mar 2, 2013
Rob San Diego wrote:
<quoted text>
Who builds the most american car? That would be Toyota you idiot. Not GM with all those union thugs. Never buy GM, they will not exist in ten years without tax payers money supporting those filthy union thugs with billion more .
I agree 100%. I live in San Antonio Right by the Toyota plant that makes all Tundras and Tacomas. Tacoma is not only a great reliable truck but it is 100% made in the USA just like Tundra. For those GM/Ford people that think they are all american, they need to research some more so they can see where they are built ans where the parts are manufactured. I guarantee you they'd be in for a surprise. That said, Toyota Rocks. BTW they help the community here like no other "american company" they support the education and sports.
ToyotaRocks

San Antonio, TX

#7 Mar 2, 2013
WTFwiththat wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it takes one to know one you F**king Idiot.
Toyota is crap. just like you maggot.
Hope your brakes can't stop you also.
lol
LOL! not what NASA said after escrutinazing Toyotas for months. They dismantled them and tested them. The final verdit: Oops, we couldn't find any issues with these cars. Of course the media didn't talk about that, cause that doesn't sell. Toyota is one of the best vehicles you can buy for the money. Their models may be conservative for my taste but well built non the less.
Just an idea go drive 5/10 yr old domestic car and a similar type and year Toyota. You will see the difference even if you don't want to. Keep an eye on NVH (noise vibration and harshness), measure the gaps between panes and see how consistent they are between the two. Find out how much $ was spend in maintenance between the two and then make a decision.
BEWARE you may run to your closest Toyota dealership. Good Luck!
GMCman

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Mar 4, 2013
The Tocoma is selling better because the larger truck they make is Junk.
chevy man

Bar Harbor, ME

#9 Mar 4, 2013
Try to tow anything with the Tacoma...... u can haul more stuff in a Chevette
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#10 Mar 5, 2013
chevy man wrote:
Try to tow anything with the Tacoma...... u can haul more stuff in a Chevette
What's the matter, got tired of camry deaths? Us too.
Dodger

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Mar 6, 2013
ToyotaRocks wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! not what NASA said after escrutinazing Toyotas for months. They dismantled them and tested them. The final verdit: Oops, we couldn't find any issues with these cars. Of course the media didn't talk about that, cause that doesn't sell. Toyota is one of the best vehicles you can buy for the money. Their models may be conservative for my taste but well built non the less.
Just an idea go drive 5/10 yr old domestic car and a similar type and year Toyota. You will see the difference even if you don't want to. Keep an eye on NVH (noise vibration and harshness), measure the gaps between panes and see how consistent they are between the two. Find out how much $ was spend in maintenance between the two and then make a decision.
BEWARE you may run to your closest Toyota dealership. Good Luck!
...
Your also almost as stupid as Proteus......
Pissed

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Jul 18, 2016
Tacomas are junk stay away from them bought a brand mew one in 2010 worst mistake frame has rust holes thru it and all fasteners on the under carriage are wasted just paid the truck off and now its worthless junk stay away these are not the cars from the 80s when quality mattered these are cheap steel and poorly made mass produced junk stay away you have been warned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ball bearing Sun Andybaby 1
News In 2025, what percent of new cars in the U.S. w... Aug 13 Solarman 1
News Nissan XTerra 2004 (May '09) Jul 31 Red 3
News Goclean Waterless Car Wash is good for the envi... Jul '16 out there 1
News Electric Car Sales Up Despite Low Gasoline Prices Jul '16 Solarman 1
News Southern California plans to build gigantic bat... Jul '16 Solarman 1
News Mandatory Waiting Periods Are Making Abortions ... Jul '16 ThomasA 79
More from around the web