i am in need of some serious advice

i am in need of some serious advice

Posted in the Nissan Xterra Forum

Woolyhatkat

Washington, DC

#1 Jan 18, 2012
Any thoughts and or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I financed a '05 Nissan Xterra SE with 100,100 miles from a Toyota dealer near me two days ago Monday. The next day, I brought it back because I felt at least two small transmission slips, plus one time where I felt the whole rumble strip symptom.
There was no warranty offered other than the stanard 30 day...)
(After doing the research [after purchase :( unfortunately] I learned about the faulty radiator and eventual bad transmission issue that this vehicle is prone to have).

The service dept. at the Toyota dealer where I purchaed the car could not repeat the symptoms (figures). So the mngr told me that I can take it to Nissan and have them check it out (Toyota will reimburse the diagnostic costs). If Nissan confirms that there is indeed an issue, Toyota would be willing to reverse the sale or whatever official term he used (basically they will cancel the purchase).

Other than this issue, I really like the car and am satisfied with my purchase. It performs well, it's fast, I love the Rocford Fostgate sound system, 4X4...and all that.

So, my questions are as follows:

What would you do if you were in my predicament? Should I call around [I live in DC area] to see if there is a Nissan dealer that is familiar with this issue? then take it to them?(Do you think they would be willing to admit?).

If Nissan determines that there is nothing wrong with the transmission, then what?

(As of writing this note, I am sure that I felt the slip at least 3x and the rumble, 1-2x.)

HELP!! Again any timely assistance, personal experiences or insight would be VERY helpful. Thanks in advance.
James

Conifer, CO

#2 Jan 19, 2012
The Toyota Dealership must be owned by your brother, as they are being, VERY GOOD TO YOU. Get your money back while you still can, and walk away from the bad luck car.

If you really want that model, remember they made thousands of them, mostly identical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Xterra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
02 Xterra will not start! Hellllllp (Jun '08) Apr 16 Tim davidson 64
2010 xterra I was replacing struts . I let Apr 4 C Hayton 1
Water pump Mar '17 Stephen Reynolds 1
2001 3.6L engine replacement Feb '17 Stan 1
2001 Nissan xterra Nov '16 dannett3 1
2001 Nissan (Oct '16) Oct '16 jogging_pony95 1
02 Nissan Xterra will crank, but not run after ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Rush14 1
More from around the web