Hyundai Re-Claims America's Cheapest Car Title

Full story: Motor Trend
Link to story HERE. Hyundai has lowered the price of the 2009 Accent to $20 below current cheap-o car Nissan Versa. Full Story
R Null

Barnesville, OH

#1 Dec 1, 2008
When is america gonna wake-up!!! No matter what foriegn car you buy, even when built here the money does not stay here..The profits go back to the country where they are headquartered. It's a sad state when so many american car companies are closing plants and foriegn car plants are opening up all over the south...For every 1 auto job lost 7 american jobs are effected. I sure hope everyone who thinks buying a foriegn vehicle is a fashionable thing to do doesn't have children or grand children who will be looking for a good job in the future. They won't exist!! I hope you have to sell your import to help support them!!!!

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#2 Dec 2, 2008
The problem is GM and Ford do not have vehicles that compete with the imports on an mpg basis. They refuse to put diesels into their models. To quote a ford engineer, "We're afraid if we put diesels in they would last too long". They didn't upgrade from 4 to 5 speed autos. And didn't put money into their car line while making money from SUV's. They have NO real hybrids to speak of, just like in the 70's when they pooh poohed small cars. Execs at the detroit 3 also have NO grasp of reality. And none of the can compete since the salaries paid to the UAW are far above what toyota and honda pay. And, might I add, the UAW has been unable to organize their plants as toyota and honda are smart enough to keep their workers happy. Its survival of the fittest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Versa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Pricing and Specs for 2015 Nissan Versa Note (May '14) May '14 stellamathore 1
Comparison Test : 2013 Hyundai Accent vs 2014 N... (Nov '13) Mar '14 sam 2
First drive, 2011 Ford Fiesta (May '10) Nov '13 hahahaha 4
2014 Nissan Versa Note Launch Report - First Dr... (Jun '13) Jun '13 A_User 1
Business insider: GM pines for sweet taste of i... (Jun '13) Jun '13 church of whats h... 3
Nissan Versa at a very chip price (May '12) Mar '13 RelicsOnTheShelf 2
Brought to you by our sponsors: TV's most egreg... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Dodger 1
More from around the web