What's the cheapest new car on the ma...

What's the cheapest new car on the market?

There are 11 comments on the OrlandoSentinel.com - Tourism story from Jan 21, 2011, titled What's the cheapest new car on the market?. In it, OrlandoSentinel.com - Tourism reports that:

I will be going away to school soon and my father has agreed to help me buy me a car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at OrlandoSentinel.com - Tourism.

New car prices

Oviedo, FL

#1 Jan 22, 2011
Usually Matchbox are the cheapest. Hotwheels a bit more. Gas mileage may vary.
Just the Truth

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Feb 8, 2011
You get what you pay for..........

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 8, 2011
hyundai
Just the Facts

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Feb 14, 2011
Kia

Location hidden

#7 Feb 14, 2011
Just the Facts wrote:
Kia
Tour right but I think he may want something that lasts more than 3 years.
albedodown

Lynnwood, WA

#8 Sep 29, 2011
nothingface25 wrote:
You're right but I think he may want something that lasts more than 3 years.
My Ford Festiva (Mazda engine, Kia body) is 23 years old, running great & getting well over 43MPG on the road. Kia had better repair statistics than Hyundai when Hyundai bought them. Hyundai used that extra tech & now Hyundai cars are reliable. My wife's 2008 Hyundai Accent has had no problems in 50,000 miles, & I have driven it to 42MPG while going over 4000 & 3000 foot mountain passes. Going over a shorter mountain pass, I got 45MPG. The Accent hasn't developed even one squeak, creak, rattle or other annoying noises.

Hyundai warranties their inexpensive cars for 100,000 miles & still makes lots of money.

nothingface25 knows nothing.

Now, in the 2012 dated cars, Nissan Versa seems to have the cheapest car sold in quantity & priced under $11,000. Adding the spectacular CVT auto transmission, the Versa still is under $13,000.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 26, 2011
Definitely Hyundai and we can consider Toyota as well
[url=http://www.engineperforma ncechip.com]Car Chips[/url]

Location hidden

#10 Dec 26, 2011
albedodown wrote:
<quoted text>My Ford Festiva (Mazda engine, Kia body) is 23 years old, running great & getting well over 43MPG on the road. Kia had better repair statistics than Hyundai when Hyundai bought them. Hyundai used that extra tech & now Hyundai cars are reliable. My wife's 2008 Hyundai Accent has had no problems in 50,000 miles, & I have driven it to 42MPG while going over 4000 & 3000 foot mountain passes. Going over a shorter mountain pass, I got 45MPG. The Accent hasn't developed even one squeak, creak, rattle or other annoying noises.

Hyundai warranties their inexpensive cars for 100,000 miles & still makes lots of money.

nothingface25 knows nothing.

Now, in the 2012 dated cars, Nissan Versa seems to have the cheapest car sold in quantity & priced under $11,000. Adding the spectacular CVT auto transmission, the Versa still is under $13,000.
I know your car that is 23 years old isn't getting 43mpg
kirbycabin

Barre, VT

#11 May 2, 2012
Just a fact...I have a friend that has a fleet of festivas...really...he used to be a mechanic (now is a slate roofer) and has two and a couple of parts cars...he is consistently getting 43-45 mpg...and his festivas are old!
litesong

Everett, WA

#12 Jun 6, 2012
Northface25 wrote:
I know your car that is 23 years old isn't getting 43mpg.....
Yes, you are right. My car isn't getting 43 mpg any longer. I switched our 3 cars to 100% pure(ethanol-free) gasoline eight months ago, & my mpg for the 23 year old Ford Festiva has increased to 45.6 mpg.

Go to pure-gas.org for addresses, details & a great zoomable map to the minority of 5300+ stations(1 in every 32, & rising) that sell 100% pure gasoline. With carefully accurate records, our 3 cars have increased mpg by 8.3%, 7-8% & 5%. All engines are quieter, smoother, & have a trace more power so that less downshifting is necessary to ascend hills.
litesong

Everett, WA

#13 Jun 6, 2012
kirbycabin wrote:
Just a fact...I have a friend that has a fleet of festivas...really...he used to be a mechanic (now is a slate roofer) and has two and a couple of parts cars...he is consistently getting 43-45 mpg...and his festivas are old!
Yeah, Ford Festivas rule!

kirbycabin...... try some 100% gasoline(read post above). Unfortunately, the closest to Barre, VT(your neck of the woods?) is in Waitsfield.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Versa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AC button on versa not working (Aug '11) Sep '16 Danno 4
air box out, cone intake in. Help (Aug '16) Aug '16 Troy88 1
News Study: Hybrid, EV technologies compete with che... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Solarman 1
News Nissan Produces its 11 Millionth Engine in Agua... (Dec '15) Dec '15 is name esquivel_... 1
News U.S. Pricing and Specs for 2015 Nissan Versa Note (May '14) May '14 stellamathore 1
News Comparison Test : 2013 Hyundai Accent vs 2014 N... (Nov '13) Mar '14 sam 2
News First drive, 2011 Ford Fiesta (May '10) Nov '13 hahahaha 4
More from around the web