Ray Smith

Sullivan, MO

#1 Jul 10, 2006
Has any one yet driven a Versa with a CVT transmission and checked actual miles per gallon?
Marie Bessette

Manchester, NH

#2 Aug 1, 2006
28 miles per gallon, little dissapointed in the milleage. Expecting to get the 30 miles around town and 36 distance driving. Love the vehicle though.
PSA

Diablo, CA

#3 Aug 11, 2006
Nissan revises down Versa fuel economy. In a short-but-sweet press release Nissan announced that it is revising downward the estimated EPA combined city/highway gas mileage for its Xtronic CVT-equipped Versa sub-compact. The original estimate was 36 MPG , which has now fallen to 33 MPG . Nissan offered no explanation for the adjustment. All Versa models are powered by a 122-hp, 1.8L four-cylinder engine
VBaugh

Bordentown, NJ

#4 Aug 22, 2006
I have had the 6sp manual for almost one month. In the city I'm averaging 28-29mpg and last week, with mostly highway driving, I got about 34.5mpg. I'm hoping that once the car is "broken in" I'm squeak out a few more miles. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the car.
Dennis

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 30, 2006
For most people, they are looking for great gas mileage, and for me, this car does it. I'm upgrading from my 1995 Chevy Blazer LS 2dr. I barely got 15 MPG and had to refill every 250 miles or less. So if the MPG on Versa says differently from the sticker and when you take it home and test it, I don't mind. Because I'm sure getting more mileage for LESS! For those people out there who read about the MPG being under what they say, it's true. but don't let that get you down.
Manda

Streetsboro, OH

#6 Sep 14, 2006
First tank was 30.4 mpg, this past one was 28.5. Kinda disappointed as well. Was looking for closer to 34.
Paul

Shawnee, KS

#7 Sep 21, 2006
I just got my 1.8sl and I love it, Don't bother with the CVT though I drove all 3 gearbox options(6 speed, 4 speed auto and the CVT) The only one that actually had any pep was the 6 sp. The Cvt was a slug both in town and on the highway, The 4 speed wasn't bad, but when I drove the 6 speed it made me feel like I was driveing the car and not waiting for the car to catch up to me.
4 stars for the car overall, much better than the Yaris and cheaper than the Fit.
AZhitman

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Dec 1, 2006
We're compiling a huge database of Versa owners' experiences with fuel economy at NissanVersa.org , should be an interesting project.

Ray B

United States

#9 Dec 18, 2007
Hi VBaugh

Have u noticed any vibration in your gas pedal when you are around 60- 65 mph. Also my car is at 3k rpm @ 65mph in 6th gear is this normal? I took it to the dealer & they say it is normal because it is manual trans & nissan engineers messed up the top gear. I am getting 30 - 31mpg combined.

Thanks
John MacLean _Mpls MN

Plymouth, MN

#10 Jan 9, 2008
I just bought a "used" 2008 Versa with 1,100 miles on it from my brother's dealership in Cleveland Ohio area over the holiday, and drove it home to Minneapolis, MN. I was a little disappointed in only getting 31 mpg - all highway (65 to 70 mph). Sticker said 27-38 on the high end. I traded in a Kia Sorento SVU that only got 14/19. Maybe it will get better at lower speed -@ 55 mph.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Versa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Pricing and Specs for 2015 Nissan Versa Note (May '14) May '14 stellamathore 1
Comparison Test : 2013 Hyundai Accent vs 2014 N... (Nov '13) Mar '14 sam 2
First drive, 2011 Ford Fiesta (May '10) Nov '13 hahahaha 4
2014 Nissan Versa Note Launch Report - First Dr... (Jun '13) Jun '13 A_User 1
Business insider: GM pines for sweet taste of i... (Jun '13) Jun '13 church of whats h... 3
Nissan Versa at a very chip price (May '12) Mar '13 RelicsOnTheShelf 2
Brought to you by our sponsors: TV's most egreg... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Dodger 1
More from around the web