swishing noise that stops when I brake

swishing noise that stops when I brake

Posted in the Nissan Sentra Forum

Lindacska

Valparaiso, IN

#1 Apr 6, 2010
Hi everyone, I have a 2005 Nissan Sentra. I've had this swishing noise for a few weeks now that stops when I start braking. The noise has a kind of rhythm to it like it swishes with the turning of the tires, I guess that's the best way to describe it. I've asked around here and people seem to think it has something to do with the brakes.
Recently there's been another noise that's similar, like a swishing kind of noise but that is constant with no rhythm, but that has only been happening occasionally. The noise is coming from the front right area, so it could be brakes there or under the hood or something. I just really don't know.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas?
Thanks so much,

Linda

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Sentra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
07 sentra Dec '16 tjb 1
2000 Nissan Sentra gxe, is it worth it to fix up? (Aug '16) Aug '16 Fml 1
1998 Sentra won't start (Aug '16) Aug '16 scorpio012 1
p0300 random misfire code (Apr '09) Jul '16 FTB 300 26
News Nissan recalling Altima and Sentra cars over se... (Nov '07) Jun '16 toywrench 22
2001 Nissan Sentra - Service Engine Light (Jan '07) May '16 Hot fudge sundae 142
News Nissan Produces its 11 Millionth Engine in Agua... (Dec '15) Dec '15 is name esquivel_... 1
More from around the web