Getting clunkers off the road

Getting clunkers off the road

There are 4 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Jul 28, 2009, titled Getting clunkers off the road. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

It's a very busy afternoon Monday at West Covina Nissan, and Robert Acosta's old Ford 250 pickup truck was right in the thick of it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

uncle_vito

La Mirada, CA

#1 Jul 28, 2009
This is a bunch of crap. If I couldn't go out today and negotiate $4500 off the price of a new car on my own, something would be wrong.

These car dealers are going to jack the price up $4500 then give you the $4500 discount and you will become a satisfied sucker.

When will people demand a stop to the government putting their nose in all aspects of our lives.

If I want a better mileage car I will do it on my own and not because the government is trying to bribe me to do it.

Vito
Big O

Walnut, CA

#2 Jul 28, 2009
Listen up folks, ask to see the invoice if the dealers are not willing to do so get up and leave and let them cook in their juices trust me they'll call within 24 hrs if there are hard up for a sale. Invoice is the price they owe the flooring
company/bank less advertising and transportation less any incentives. Example List Price or MSRP is $25467.00 and their invoice is $23350.00 that means that their profit is $2117.00 plus any incentives and up to $4,500.00 clunker cash Dodge is willing to double it. Go buy now!!!!!info www.bigoent.com
Jim

Downey, CA

#3 Jul 29, 2009
The sheeple will line up to be fleeced. What a bunch of fools. Nothing for nothing.
Most can't add 2+2 and come up with the correct answer let alone how bad they are getting taken to the bank by this program.
Change is good. Thanks for nothing obama.
Juggernaut

Florence, CO

#5 Jul 31, 2009
I agree with Big ****,you stll have to be smart when you go to the dealership. I think it's a great program. There are tons of beat-up cars with crappy mileage being taken off the streets now. Oh, these poor sheeple, trading in their gas-guzzlers for a discount on something more efficient! With the price of gas going up again, and it will hit $4 a gallon again eventually, it's not a surprise that they've pretty much used up the billion dollars allocated for it already. Easing the grip of Bozo Bush's buddies in the oil industry is a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Sentra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
p0300 random misfire code (Apr '09) Jul '15 Mohammed 21
my driver window slides down by itself how do I... May '15 Bridgett 1
2001 Nissan Sentra - Service Engine Light (Jan '07) Feb '15 grj1970 140
News Nissan recalling Altima and Sentra cars over se... (Nov '07) Nov '14 Todd 21
News Nissan Note Nismo Is Japan's Next Hot Hatch (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... (Jun '14) Jun '14 elmar winkler 1
Engine oil leak with Sentra 1997 GXE (Oct '07) Mar '14 Bunny 4
More from around the web