1995 Nissan Pathfinder v6 Possible fuel problems

Posted in the Nissan Pathfinder Forum

Mike

Opelousas, LA

#1 Apr 7, 2008
where is the fuel pressure regulator located and how do you test it to see if it is bad? Recently it quit running and found the pump not working by pulling the line off the fuel filter(new) and turning on the ignition and no fuel would come out and didn't hear the pump come on. I swapped the fuel pump relay and then the pump started working and the truck ran fine for a few weeks. Now it starts to jerk or stall especially under acceleration. But will usually crank and Idle fine. It doesn't act up long enough to determine for sure if it is a fuel problem or an ignition problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Eloy Estebanez

Puerto Rico

#2 Apr 21, 2008
I have a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5 engine.# weeks ago, the vehicle lighted service engine soon, it wouldn't accelerate above 2000 RPMs, so I disconected the air flow meter and throtle control valves switches, and It rev up again, and continued with the "service engine soon" lamp lighted. Pep Boys check it up and decide to clean up the fuel injectors and to changeed air filter and gasoline filter, then they reset the computer. After 45 miles drive, it turned on the light again. Now is giving a P-0507 Iddle code and a P/1121 Throtle code. The tecnician reset again the computer and now it keeps the service engine light, and some times it revs up ok, and other times wont go over 2000 rpms. What I should do? Could it be really the Throtle control valve?? or it could be just a vacuun loose valve. The throtle valve looks clean.

Help me please.. My email address is: eloyestebanez@prtc.net
Eloy Estebanez

Puerto Rico

#3 Apr 21, 2008
I need help with afuel injection problem with a 2003 Nissan pathfinder 3.5 engine's Throtle??
Kris Francis

Bridgewater, Canada

#4 Jan 30, 2009
Mike wrote:
where is the fuel pressure regulator located and how do you test it to see if it is bad? Recently it quit running and found the pump not working by pulling the line off the fuel filter(new) and turning on the ignition and no fuel would come out and didn't hear the pump come on. I swapped the fuel pump relay and then the pump started working and the truck ran fine for a few weeks. Now it starts to jerk or stall especially under acceleration. But will usually crank and Idle fine. It doesn't act up long enough to determine for sure if it is a fuel problem or an ignition problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
you may find that the ground wire for the fuel pump is corroded, causing the condition you are having. My 91 is doing the same thing! I am technician at Toyota, this is the most common reason for this type of issue
trueblue patriot

Trinidad, CO

#5 Jun 21, 2009
Kris Francis wrote:
<quoted text>
you may find that the ground wire for the fuel pump is corroded, causing the condition you are having. My 91 is doing the same thing! I am technician at Toyota, this is the most common reason for this type of issue
I am having a similar issue as previously stated with a '95, and din't notice the answer to is there a way to test the fuel reg? and could this be caused by an air flow issue or will it definitely be fuel system related? Thanks
man

Bayonne, NJ

#6 Apr 23, 2010
my 2000 pathfinder rear lights and dash lights don`t work, my signal, reverse, and brake lights work fine, any solutions.
95 Pathfinder wont idle

Bedford, IN

#7 Aug 3, 2010
I have a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder, it is dying when I come to a stop or slow down and won't idle. Sometimes it drives perfect for a short or long period of time then start dying and not idling and other times it does it constant. The times it starts doing this is nothing consistant it doesn't matter if its cold or hot or if I have been driving for a while or just a little bit. It just seems to do it when it wants to. there is a whats called a vapor canister that I will pull the air lines off of while the pathfinder is running and put right back on when I do this the truck seems to stop dying for a short or long period of time. Rather this is a coincedence ormay say something I don't know. I have tried to check the pressure that the fuel pump was putting out but there is no place to screw the fuel gage onto. Is there another way I can check the pressure. I checked my pathfinder repair manual (haynes)it says there isnt one on some vehicles. Could this be my fuel pump getting ready to go out? what about a fuel filter will this cause it or I was told maybe my idle control valve. What is your opinion? what happens if the idle control valve goes out? what does it make the vehicle do if its bad?Any suggestions? and How do I check to see if the Idle control valve is bad? Please email me at sabrena_26@yahoo.com Thank you you can also reply to this post.
kehba

Jackson, MS

#8 Sep 23, 2010
gas hand does not work
Vince

Richmond, VA

#9 Jun 12, 2012
95 Pathfinder wont idle wrote:
I have a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder, it is dying when I come to a stop or slow down and won't idle. Sometimes it drives perfect for a short or long period of time then start dying and not idling and other times it does it constant. The times it starts doing this is nothing consistant it doesn't matter if its cold or hot or if I have been driving for a while or just a little bit. It just seems to do it when it wants to. there is a whats called a vapor canister that I will pull the air lines off of while the pathfinder is running and put right back on when I do this the truck seems to stop dying for a short or long period of time. Rather this is a coincedence ormay say something I don't know. I have tried to check the pressure that the fuel pump was putting out but there is no place to screw the fuel gage onto. Is there another way I can check the pressure. I checked my pathfinder repair manual (haynes)it says there isnt one on some vehicles. Could this be my fuel pump getting ready to go out? what about a fuel filter will this cause it or I was told maybe my idle control valve. What is your opinion? what happens if the idle control valve goes out? what does it make the vehicle do if its bad?Any suggestions? and How do I check to see if the Idle control valve is bad? Please email me at sabrena_26@yahoo.com Thank you you can also reply to this post.
If no one has answered you yet the problem is the EGR valve being clogged and not opening when the engine warms up.
casy

Dalton, GA

#10 Dec 18, 2012
i have a 91 nissan pathfinder when i give it gas to get above 2000 rpms it will pop and crack if i keep it right at 2000 it will spit sputter and jerk i have replaced the fuel filter plug wires and plugs distributor cap and rotorey button and it still does the same thing
Shawne

Liberia

#11 May 17, 2013
I have a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder, it is dying when I come to a stop or slow down and won't idle. Sometimes it drives perfect for a short or long period of time then start dying and not idling and other times it does it constant. The times it starts doing this is nothing consistant it doesn't matter if its cold or hot or if I have been driving for a while or just a little bit. It just seems to do it when it wants to. there is a whats called a vapor canister that I will pull the air lines off of while the pathfinder is running and put right back on when I do this the truck seems to stop dying for a short or long period of time. Rather this is a coincedence ormay say something I don't know. I have tried to check the pressure that the fuel pump was putting out but there is no place to screw the fuel gage onto. Is there another way I can check the pressure. I checked my pathfinder repair manual (haynes)it says there isnt one on some vehicles. Could this be my fuel pump getting ready to go out? what about a fuel filter will this cause it or I was told maybe my idle control valve. What is your opinion? what happens if the idle control valve goes out? what does it make the vehicle do if its bad?Any suggestions? and How do I check to see if the Idle control valve is bad? Please email me at dogieurey03@yahoo.com Thank you you can also reply to this post.
red

El Monte, CA

#12 Mar 3, 2014
I have a 95 nissan pathfinder starts fine idles fine for about 30 seconds then acts like it floods out
soccer4825

Madison, WI

#14 Jul 27, 2014
I have a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. Running great one day then the engine stopped. Tried to restart and would not. Kept turning over but no start. I replaced the fuel filter and same thing...no start? I don't think its getting any gas from the fuel line but don't know how to check that. Any suggestions on possible issues and solutions. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Pathfinder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
icon unav navigation touchscreen gps for all ni... (Apr '12) Thu mabello 5
Pathfinder Fuel Gauge problems (Jan '08) Aug '14 B_A_Co 103
Broken strut tower on driverside (Sep '09) Apr '14 Liam 105
icon unav gps navigation system infiniti nissan... (Jan '12) Apr '14 Amer 26
unav touchscreen navigation system icon nissan ... (Apr '12) Mar '14 Riderjonez 8
2007 pathfinder (Feb '14) Feb '14 pguillory 1
Slow fuel gaudge in 2006 Mercury Grand Marque (Dec '13) Dec '13 Beverly 1

Nissan Pathfinder People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE