2002 altima not starting
tired

Clarksdale, MS

#62 Apr 21, 2012
i have a 2002 nissan altima just put in a rebuilt motor, crank and camshaft sensors, new battery, new fuel pump and new wire and plugs still wont start any suggestion
sadaboutit

Longmont, CO

#63 Apr 26, 2012
I have an 02 2.5s and 116,000 miles and have had starting issues. I replaced the crank and cam shaft pos sensors, spark plugs, starter, and the battery. The pump seems to be working, and it still won't start. It did start after sitting for three days and ran for 3 weeks, then went to start it and it had hard time starting, then it shook and started up. Brought it home and next morning wont start. Whats up????????
Newburgh newyork

Boston, MA

#64 May 5, 2012
Nissan Altima 2002 is the worst car ever, I will never buy a nissan in my lifetime, I went to the dealership and they gave me 3 different diagnostics, first they say the catalyc converter pieces got into my engine that's why it wont start. And they told me the time chain skip time that's why it won't start, I took very well care of my car only has 86,000 miles on that motor, their final answer was you just needwon a new engine.
anthonia

UK

#65 May 28, 2012
My 2002 altima jerks wen on top speed,wat shld I do,I have changed d plugs
Met

New Castle, DE

#66 Jun 19, 2012
2002 Altima 2.5. Motor cranks has spark and fuel but won't start
jojohawkeye

Horn Lake, MS

#67 Jul 13, 2012
My 2001 nissan altima won't crank. changed the distributor, the crank sensors, the fuel filter nothing. it is firing from the distributor but not in the plug
Any
meg

Tuscaloosa, AL

#68 Jul 16, 2012
I have a 2002 nissan alt i have replaced the starter twice in the last two months my light is not on but it clicks. It would crank when i pumped the gas but now it doesn't. any ideas on what it is
Brent

Pickerington, OH

#69 Jul 24, 2012
2002 Nissan Altima 2.5. Won't start. Turn the key and here a clicking sound. Thought it was starter. Replace starter still will not turn belts or over at all jus clicks. All lights light up. Please help
Shardai

Atlanta, GA

#70 Aug 6, 2012
I have changed the crank and camshaft sensors, o2 sensors, fuel pump, spark plugs and wires, and catalyc converter and my car still won't crank up Im tired of this B**** if this B**** wasnt paid for I would retire her A**!!!
brad

United States

#71 Aug 20, 2012
03 nissan atlmina changed timing chain now wont start everything done correct
Strande

Pompano Beach, FL

#72 Oct 12, 2012
Hi, my 02 Altima started this morning with a jump. then it lost power less than a mile down the road.when i floor the gas pedal, there is no engine rev-sound. it moves, but at 5mph. what could be worng?
mizz tracy

United States

#73 Nov 9, 2012
I have a 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 and I had the fuel pump replace. It was working fine except for my gas hand stop working. So, the mechanic went back to fixed the floater in the fuel pump now my car won't start. Please tell what the problem could be
angelle

United States

#75 Nov 19, 2012
Ive had the same probs with mine changed the catelic converters head gaskets spark plugs valves coil alot was done..now when i turn my key it clicks once n doesnt strt...i can say ill nvr buy another nissan
cassie

Palatka, FL

#76 Dec 3, 2012
This worked for me too! I had to repeat the process several times, but eventually it started right up! Thanks
Andy wrote:
<quoted text>
That TOTALLY worked!!!
The fuse for the fuel pump is below and left of the steering wheel with all the other fuses...bottom one on the left row of fuses.
When this happens DON'T try to give it gas and try to start it!!!
Take off the panel left and down from the steering wheel (just pops off) and get some pliers and pull the bottom on the left side.
Then crank over the engine without the fuse in and wait for a few minutes... Do it again.. Then put the fuse in and BLAM! It totally worked second try
Lazrell

United States

#77 Dec 16, 2012
cassie wrote:
This worked for me too! I had to repeat the process several times, but eventually it started right up! Thanks
<quoted text>
my question to u is this....does that solve the problem for good or just for that time when it wont crank?
Sean Dame

Greensboro, NC

#78 Dec 19, 2012
I have a 2002 Ultima Got no spark to none of the spark plugs Change the crank sensor Cam sensor My battery did go did first Jump it off Then I have no spark7
Mike

United States

#79 Dec 29, 2012
I have a Nissan Altima 2.5s 4 cylinder at about 122000 mi. I changed the timing chain guides and tensioners, new ngk spark plugs, new fuel pump, new fuel injectors and rail, new egr valve and a new valve cover which I had to replace because of the oil getting into my cylinders causing the engine not to start in the first place everything's put back together now my car cranks over but won't start. I'm getting all my pressure from the fuel assembly. The timing is perfect but now my worry is can it be something internally I'm hoping for it to be The crankshaft position sensor" can there be any internal damage causing it not to start?
Wesley

Warner Robins, GA

#80 Dec 31, 2012
I have an 02 altima I have power to everything but when I go to crank it all the lights cut off and I hear one click and nothing else. Was told battery so replaced it and still nothing
wolfe

Salisbury, NC

#81 Jan 31, 2013
i have 2002 altima 2.5 with a no start issue also, replaces both cam and crank sensors, cleaned maf, and still having issues, any suggestions, thanks
Lynn

United States

#82 Feb 17, 2013
zac wrote:
sorry that was the pump, i cant find the filter either.
the part store told me that it was non service abl. Think it is together with fule pump idk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nissan Altima Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
car want start Sep 12 todd 1
Windows Go Down By Themselves (Jul '06) Sep 12 eekeeping 141
Motor and trans swap Aug 30 Rhino 1
2000 Altima Se engine tick. Please help Aug 22 Compton 1
What size are the exhaust pipes on 2009 altima Jul '17 Yo_dyldo 1
Replacement 5 button key fob programing Jun '17 larrysf150 1
Need help please May '17 Bdarr83 2
More from around the web