DRIVELINE: Mercedes' ML320 is diesel ...

DRIVELINE: Mercedes' ML320 is diesel done right

There are 2 comments on the London Free Press story from Sep 13, 2008, titled DRIVELINE: Mercedes' ML320 is diesel done right. In it, London Free Press reports that:

Many North Americans view diesel power as noisy and smelly; fortunately, there are vehicles such as Mercedes-Benz's elegant M-Class SUV to help bring us into the 21st century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at London Free Press.

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#1 Sep 13, 2008
Something for North America Gang to Learn from Yet ?

... wheel, Sirius satellite radio and automatic climate control.

ML was the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada's Canadian Car of the Year on its debut

10 years ago and time has done nothing to diminish its appeal. Arrival of Bluetec diesel ...

Related Topix: Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes Benz Ml320, Mercedes-Benz M-Class, Autos
Nightflyer

Bancroft, Canada

#2 Sep 13, 2008
Diesels today, at least from Mercedes and VW, are so much better than yrs ago. The North American market just doesn't wake up to it.

With diesel being higher in price than gasoline and the Big three making pickups so large and with large engines, I see how some people say what's the point. But that's the prob of no variety...sure some people may need a 6.0L V8 diesel for certain things but why not make some smaller diesels in the 1500 series trucks. My cousin has a new Silverado diesel and it sucks back the fuel like a gas motor, not as bad, but it ain't great for a diesel. Why?...because they make those engines so damn big....fine if your towing 11,000 lbs, most people never tow that much.

Geesh, in Europe you can even get a Ford Ranger with a 2.5V4 diesel or a 3.0V6 diesel, both with plenty of torque! Africa and Asia have diesels big and small.

The new Mercedes 3.2V6 diesel has 398 lbs of torque, from a V6!! Wake up GM Ford and Chrylser....put some smaller diesels into the 1500 series trucks etc..and you may have a buyer here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercedes-Benz M-Class Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chrysler to cut 10,000 jobs (Feb '07) Jan '15 dumb 27
News Mercedes led Alabamaa s surge in auto manufactu... (Oct '13) Oct '13 JohnJett 1
News Comments (May '12) May '12 rolex replica 1
News Mercedes-Benz of Long Beach Confirms, Highest F... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Anon 4
News Pope Benedict XVI Gets Charged, Blesses Electri... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Evan 3
News 2006 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (May '06) Jul '08 Jay in SC 2
News Facelift! Mercedes Unveils New-Generation M-Class (Mar '08) Mar '08 Mark 1
More from around the web