Stan

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Bought the 2005 Lincoln LS last august with 60k. Since then, I've had broken stubs, need to replace the heater control valve (DCCV) because it does not blow out anything but hot air, window regulator messed up(costing around $150 to replace), service park brake light comes on every time I drive, and a couple of the coils went out.

There seems to trend with this car!
william

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

Yep, I concur with everyone else. I have an 03 lincoln ls V8. Before I purchased it, I inquired online about the durability and the quality of the car. 90% of the posts were negative. But I didn't listen, I fell in love with the look of it (its a beautiful automobile), but DON'T LET THAT FOOL YOU! It's definately a piece of junk. I'm not here to get any mechanical advice, it's too late for me. I'm posting here to save at least ONE person from purchasing this money pit on wheels. If you love cosmetically beautiful cars and you have money to throw away, then this is the car for you. If you work hard for your money and you just want a nice car that works, please don't buy a lincoln ls. A LINCOLN LS IS A PIECE OF JUNK.
william

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Samuel wrote:
im thinkin of buying a used 2000 LS, has 76,000 miles on it.. havent checked out da car yet.. but judgin from numerous blogs, and discussions.. this cars seems like a handful... dont get me wrong da car is sexy as hell, but would anyone Encourage me to BUY IT or is it a wrong Idea!:S
its ma first car! so pls help!
This post is almost 2 years old, so I'm sure you have either purchased the car or you didn't. But lets hope you did not, because the LINCOLN LS IS A PIECE OF JUNK.
Sarah

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Judged:

I have a 2000 Lincoln LS...

I've had to replace 3 window motors and the driver's side is getting ready to go. I've had to put a new transmission in it, replaced all the valves and done so so much work on it that it pisses me off. I love the way it drives and it will handle backroad curves like nothing else but it is a piece of shit. Now my transmission is going and I need new ball joints. Also, my radio and cruise control buttons just recently quit working. I've paid probably around $5000 or more in repairs overall, and the ball joints ALONE are going to cost $1300. The car has a trade in value of $2600. I was in a wreck a few years ago in which the car was almost totaled, but I got them to fix it because I loved it so much. Wish I'd taken the money and ran. Its only got 114,000 miles on it. Everything started going to shit when I hit 50,000. DON'T BUY AN LS!
Frank

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Sarah wrote:
I have a 2000 Lincoln LS...
I've had to replace 3 window motors and the driver's side is getting ready to go. I've had to put a new transmission in it, replaced all the valves and done so so much work on it that it pisses me off. I love the way it drives and it will handle backroad curves like nothing else but it is a piece of shit. Now my transmission is going and I need new ball joints. Also, my radio and cruise control buttons just recently quit working. I've paid probably around $5000 or more in repairs overall, and the ball joints ALONE are going to cost $1300. The car has a trade in value of $2600. I was in a wreck a few years ago in which the car was almost totaled, but I got them to fix it because I loved it so much. Wish I'd taken the money and ran. Its only got 114,000 miles on it. Everything started going to shit when I hit 50,000. DON'T BUY AN LS!
Come on now,you can buy balljoints for 50 dollars and have old ones pressed out and new ones presed in. 1300 you are getting ripped off.Also fix your clock spring and everything on your wheeel will work. O no its another million dollar part, NOT its 150 dollars.
LS hater

Middletown, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Lincoln Ls is a piece of crap! Since Jan 2010 we have spent at least 3000 in repairs on our lemon! We have this piece of junk serviced at regular intervals! This is on top of regular service! Now, the pos is overheating! Took it to the shop AGAIN! I need a new fan! WTF! I will NEVER buy anything that even resembles a Ford, Lincoln or Mercury again! Wish I would have seen this website in 06 when i bought Lucifer! If you are considering buying one of these, unless you plan on kissing your paychecks goodbye, stay FAR away from the LS! Is there some kind of class action lawsuit against them for making these pieces of crap?
Ian

Berthoud, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

I hope everyone knows that 2003 and newer LSs are much better then 2002 and older models. Ford did a few better upgrades.
Revelator 227

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

I bought my LS used last year in April with just under 70K for less than 9K, and it has taught me that before I ever buy a car again to do any research I can first. I had a dealership warranty for two months, and after that, I quickly slapped on an aftermarket 3 year 36,000 mile wear and tear warranty so I have avoided the nightmare a lot of you all have had to endure when it comes to the wallet; having said this though, I am really considering trading my LS in for a Honda Accord from the last few years. After I drove it off the lot, and traveled the long highway, I noticed a droning noise at 45mph when hitting the accelerator. The next day, I started smelling a burnt rubber smell and not too long after that, the engine started misfiring which caused it to seem that there were problems with the transmission. I also noticed the fogged headlight problem in the passengers side headlight and the dimmer mirror had apparently leaked. I ran it up to the dealer and they replaced all the coils and put on the updated gasket and all, they also was kind enough to replace the headlight with a new one so the misfiring, the burnt rubber, and the transmission issues went away. At the same time they didn't not fix the droning noise nor some of the other smaller issues. Not too long after, the drivers side headlight started fogging up. When I brought the car back a second time, they started putting up a fight over the smaller issues but did replace the stabilizer bar, which they said was bad, and from what I understand is one of many common problems with this car. One month later 4 hours into a long highway trip south, the passenger side air conditioner started blowing hot and the drivers side front window regulator just broke. Before the warranty ran out, I sent it to the dealer one more time to fix the problem. This is when the fight really began, and I had to get the owner of the company involved. He gave his okay to them fixing the car on the dealership dime, but the used car sales manager was intent on not fixing the car and only did so at the direction of the owner, and even then, all the other small issues were on my own dime. The warranty was after all a power-train warranty so after a point, I was in an uphill battle without a leg to stand on and the car at least worked. They wound up replacing the half shafts and the droning finally went away. I replaced the window regulator myself for a total of $60.00. I flushed the headlight with water and alcohol and resealed the headlight with silicon glue and plugged the breathers with a material hobbyist know as Lichen and the fogging has not come back. The brakes squeak and the wheels cause the car to rumble at 60 to 70 mph depending on tire rotation. The lower ball joints were bad and the warranty covered that; so far I have only had to spend $162.97 fixing this car, The dealer spent $4,500.00 in labor and parts into the car, but I have the feeling that the car is going to be nothing but problems once the warranty runs out, and I just don't have interest in constantly fixing stuff, just the other day the license plate ripped right out of the fiberglass backing so that is something else to fix. I am going to get an 04 to an 07 Honda Accord, I probably won't even need a warranty on it. I was once under the impression that the later model years of the Lincoln LS had all the fixes the earlier years didn't, but apparently the complaints continue, and over the same stuff, so I am going to cut the few thousand dollar loss I will eventually suffer in repair cost and put this thing on Craig's List or trade it in to the dealer if he is willing to give me no less than 3K what I paid for it. My mechanic taught me how to unplug a certain device that controls the AC actuator to keep the air blowing cool on both sides in the summer, it doesn't fix the problem, but it cost nothing to do and I only have to remember to plug it back in so I can get heat in the winter.

Since: Jul 10

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Just bought a 2002 V6 Lincoln LS. I'm a bit discouraged by a few of the comments on here.... I guess you take a chance buying any car. I've had a couple lemons in my day, I'm sure hoping this one won't be one. I checked out forums about other cars, they all have their issues... I have a back injury, and the LS is so easy on my back, and it handles so nice.
kkklk 620

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2010

I got this car three years ago and every time I fix something on it something else seems to mess up!!!!! I've already replaced the motor my passenger window regulator, the driver side wheel broke off while I was driving it, the back cover of the driver seats keeps popping off, the lights for the inter console are are really, dim, my tail light keeps burning out, man this car sucks ass and to think of all the money I've spent to keep it running, I just wish I never bought it!!!!!!!!
jesus

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

Bryan wrote:
I have had some of the same problems with my 2001 LS. My drivers window does not work, I have replaced 6 coils. None of my options on the steering wheel work along with my horn. i spent too much money on this car to have these types of problems. i will never buy another car of this type.
with your steering wheel there is a clock spring that breaks after so much usage of every day driving, you need to get it replaced, is your air bag light on?? its about 150 buck to get it fixed at the dealership.
Joe

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

I bought my LS with only 8 miles on it. A laundry list of problems but to name a few. Hopw about having the window and motor regulators changed out before 40,000 miles. The coils, plugs wires or whatever you want to call it before 75,000 miles. The transmission is slipping bad at around 70,000 miles but no one but me seems to notice. Then after the 72000 miles warranty was up, everyone(dealership) started to notice. The ABS is forever coming on. Even when the brakes were fixed. The wrench light comes on have to pull over turn the car off then back on for it to regain full pressure. The transmission is slipping bad. The doors won't lock with you drive off and the open door light stays on. The interior lights as well as exterior stays on until you start to accelerate. The transmission is going out. The car alarm constantly goes off and wakes everyone in the neighborhood. I have to take the battery cable off in order for me and the neighbors in the neighborhood to sleep well at night. The transmission is almost gone. Have to drive in D4 because sometimes I can have the peddle to the floor and it barely moves then jerks so ard when it finally finds a gear until the whole car almost leaves the ground. Then all the lights will come on while the car is in motion. Looks like a damn Christmas tree on the dashboard. Need I say more. Lincoln LS(luxury sucks)
F U _FORD

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Lincoln LS is giving me so much F*****G problems ford is ripping me off SO FU!
MY LS IS BETTER THEN YOU

Berthoud, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

JOE!!!!
that salesmen bent u over and crushed ur ass.
Jason

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Where does the antifreeze go on this piece stupid car?
STILL BETTER THEN YOU

Berthoud, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

hahahha.....STILL WONDER Y UR CAR SUCKS
Todd

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Wow....I wish I would have found this post earlier. All I can say is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. I love this car, the way it looks, the way it handles, everything. And that is the problem. I was blinded by it and didn't fully check it out.
My monster is a 2001 LS V8. we bought it in 2007 with 31000 mile on it. What could really go wrong with a car with 31K on the ticker? we expected some thing of course but nothing like what we have had to endure...and I'm not talking about routine maintenance or wear and tear. The car is prematurely falling apart. It has 75K TOTAL highway miles now and it is sparked and broken. I won't go into the litany of issues we have dealt with. Read this string and they are all there. Currently, the car overheats and we think the head gasket is blown. Thanks to the dual overhead cam engine, the normal $800 fix(or so I am told) is about $3000. The car isn't worth much more than that and I don't like it enough to dump more $$into it.

The most frustrating thing is that the supposed professionals can't figure out what is wrong with these cars. We always get a second opinion and have found that one or the other is usually guessing what the problem is.
Good luck, I wish I had been more thorough.
shanna

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Chuck B wrote:
I have an 01 lincoln LS V8 and got it just over a year ago. It now has 180K miles and I drive about 100 miles a day round trip to work. I have the foggy head lights, back rear drivers side window falls off the track, air bag light, check engine light, and airbag light all stay on. The car over heats at random and sometimes just 5 minutes after leaving the house. I replaced the transmission and fuel pump and now I guess I need a thermostat. The factory weels are craking and the chrome is pealing off, my windshield leaks and the little compartment on the passenger side by the floor fills up with about 5 inches of water if rains real hard. The Alpine 6 disk CD changer does not work anymore and you can't insert disks into the main player on the dash. My horn only works sometimes, the radio controls work backwards, up is down and down is up, the cruise control no longer works and the tires seem to wear out too quick. It is hard to believe I went from a Mercedes Benz to this. You would think for $43,000 and some change lincoln would have made aa better car. Looks my next car will be an import. Looks like a see another a Benz in my future. If you want my advice do not buy a Lincoln LS new or used of any year no matter how good the deal sounds.
Chuck I have the exact same car and the same mileage the leak is from the sunroof did not cost mucch to fix but my problem is there is a beeping that just started on my last oil change and it beeps at randon driving me nuts any ideas
shanna

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

I have a 2001 LS V8 with 169k miles. I have a issue I just had my oil changed and now I have a beeping noise that just goes off at random and it is not the reset button for the oil does anyone know anything

Also should the autotrac be on or off
brooke

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

I can't. Believe I am here to agree with many of you. The dealer tole me all recall items were fixed...as the bolt fell out the left front wheel and the passenger window keeps falling in the car...plus gthe interior lights stay on all the time. Car sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of264
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Lincoln LS Forum right now

Search the Lincoln LS Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lincoln LS Owners: Problems & Solutions (Apr '06) Tue malina 2,367
2001 Lincoln LS Tranny/Emission problem. (Oct '06) Jul 14 Alex 183
Running out of gas at half tank Jun 29 HAILEYS_CRAZY_DADDY 2
2000 Lincoln LS (trunk ajar/driver-side brake l... Jun 23 Brandon 1
2000 Lincoln LS Miss fires??? (Jan '11) Jun '14 Kimmie B 15
Driver's door won't open from inside (Feb '09) May '14 joe 15
lincoln ls May '14 snoop 1
•••

Buy a New Car