Toyota Considers Adding to U.S. Production

There are 17 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Aug 8, 2012, titled Toyota Considers Adding to U.S. Production. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

The company is studying the financial benefits of transferring production of a high volume vehicle - possibly the Lexus EX sedan - from Japan, Jim Lentz, Toyota 's "The EX is now built out of Japan, so that would be something we would look at," Mr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Hill billy

Richmond, KY

#1 Aug 9, 2012
According to WKYT Toyota said it is cheaper to make cars here. BMW moved from Germany to hear for the same reason it is more cost effective. China & India are becoming a consumer society with a strong midddle class while the United States is becoming a third world country with sweatshops and child labor just like the 1800's. Welcome to the United States of Oligarchy!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Aug 10, 2012
Hill billy wrote:
According to WKYT Toyota said it is cheaper to make cars here. BMW moved from Germany to hear for the same reason it is more cost effective. China & India are becoming a consumer society with a strong midddle class while the United States is becoming a third world country with sweatshops and child labor just like the 1800's. Welcome to the United States of Oligarchy!
Do you have any proof of these "sweat shops and child labor" in the US?
Last I heard, China and India were full of them.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#3 Aug 10, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any proof of these "sweat shops and child labor" in the US?
Last I heard, China and India were full of them.
Wifey says:
Yes here they are called...

that communist party uaw.

Too Funny.
Pete

Sparta, MI

#4 Aug 10, 2012
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Yes here they are called...

that communist party uaw.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

and let's not forget to mention the detroit news story...

"Nissan expects to add 9,000 job in Americas in next 3 years, hiring now locally"... http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120809/A...

Too Funny.
Lol

Sarasota, FL

#5 Aug 10, 2012
and lets not forget toyota just dropped tact time 20 seconds due to lack of sales! lol
guess we can lay off a couple hundred temps and say we have never laid anyone off again! lol
Wow

United States

#6 Aug 11, 2012
Lol wrote:
and lets not forget toyota just dropped tact time 20 seconds due to lack of sales! lol
guess we can lay off a couple hundred temps and say we have never laid anyone off again! lol
It's dropping 8sec and they announced no temps would be laid off. Idiot!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Aug 11, 2012
Lol wrote:
Doubt it's lack of sales. Toyota is the best selling car manufacturer in the world.
Lol

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt it's lack of sales. Toyota is the best selling car manufacturer in the world.
whats that got to do with lower tact time at tmmk? do u think they slow the line down because they are making too much $$. bah hah hah
lol

Shepherdsville, KY

#9 Aug 11, 2012
Best selling car companies do NOT slow the lines down due to STRONG DEMAND for their product . It is being slowed down because SALES ARE WEAK !! And yes , if sales do not pick back up , they will indeed let temps go ! It's always been the way their business model works , always will be . This helps them to say and believe that they have never had a layoff . Don't live beyond your means .....
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Aug 11, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
whats that got to do with lower tact time at tmmk? do u think they slow the line down because they are making too much $$. bah hah hah
Beats me. YOU'RE the one who said "lack of sales", didn't you? Toyota didn't get to be the best selling auto company due to "lack of sales".
Lol

United States

#11 Aug 11, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats me. YOU'RE the one who said "lack of sales", didn't you? Toyota didn't get to be the best selling auto company due to "lack of sales".
how did u get hired there? isnt there a test required?? they lowered tact time due to "lack of sales", regardless of if they're #1 or # 50, SALES ARE DOWN! hope that helps
Judge and jury

United States

#12 Aug 11, 2012
They actually slowed down line 2 to give line 1 some volume due to the launch of the new Avalon... Of course if any of the previous posters worked there they would know... Good try, go feed yor uaw kool-aid to the new employees at ford...
Lol

United States

#13 Aug 11, 2012
Judge and jury wrote:
They actually slowed down line 2 to give line 1 some volume due to the launch of the new Avalon... Of course if any of the previous posters worked there they would know... Good try, go feed yor uaw kool-aid to the new employees at ford...
lmao. slow down a line to give another volume! lmao. wish i could say good try. go swallow some toyota b/s if u wish but no one else needs fed it
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Aug 12, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
how did u get hired there? isnt there a test required?? they lowered tact time due to "lack of sales", regardless of if they're #1 or # 50, SALES ARE DOWN! hope that helps
No it doesn't. How about some facts?
July over July, Toyota sales UP 26%
YTD, Toyota sales UP 28%.
So, to reiterate, whatever "tact" time is, apparently has nothing to do with sales. This, by the way, is according to the Wall Street Journal. And you don't even need a test to read it!
Lol

United States

#15 Aug 12, 2012
no i dont need to read it because i live it! the cars you are running now are for orders 1-2 months away (based on tls selling projections). so ur july facts are meaningless! tls says sales are down (and thus their orders) so toyota slows the line down. hope that helps
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Aug 12, 2012
Lol wrote:
no i dont need to read it because i live it! the cars you are running now are for orders 1-2 months away (based on tls selling projections). so ur july facts are meaningless! tls says sales are down (and thus their orders) so toyota slows the line down. hope that helps
OK. I guess I didn't get the gist of what you were saying. Now I get it :)
Pete

Sparta, MI

#17 Aug 12, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I guess I didn't get the gist of what you were saying. Now I get it :)
No one ever does...

with those gays.

Too Funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lexus RX Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Order Guide: 2015 Lexus RX 350 (Nov '14) Nov '14 Stanley Togba 1
News J.D. Power: Detroit 3 narrow quality gap (Feb '13) Feb '13 Pete 1
News Toyota orders recall of more than 110,000 hybri... (Jun '11) Jul '11 Happy and Laughing 3
News Toyota, Honda launch recalls over brake fluid l... (Oct '10) Oct '10 beerhunter 8
News 2010 BMW 135i is rocket ship, rather than fuel ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 akhtar 1
More from around the web