The Little Toyota that Could-An Emoti...

The Little Toyota that Could-An Emotional Story

There are 13 comments on the www.nzherald.co.nz story from Dec 17, 2010, titled The Little Toyota that Could-An Emotional Story. In it, www.nzherald.co.nz reports that:

An increasing number of new-car shoppers are staying away from Toyota showrooms in the United States because of the company's quality and safety problems, a study by J.D. Power and Associates shows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nzherald.co.nz.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#1 Dec 17, 2010
Week in review:
I must say thank you. It’s been a long ride. Over the years we have seen posters come and go, some angry and some just simply at a loss for words. From the ultra emotional beat up Pontiac driving poster “whatever” now known as “GM makes crap” to the now defunct Tundra driving and once respected “truckin” aka Gustavo, we have enjoyed you all.

So we find Toyota in a slump. Who cares? That's not important.

The screams came in droves.

“But my Prius is better than your Volt and even though the plug in version isn’t made yet, it’s gonna be here in two more years and it will once again be the best!" moaned the wee wee poster from Il. In the other corner we hear “but Toyota lost its fleet sales” and this is umm good!”

We even had an appearance from the broken English “Con-Tiki,” oh what a treat.“Toyota will learn and is setting the bar” he whimpered.

Sure we had a few more Toyota recalls and though we find every auto maker up but Toyota, one thing remains constant and that is the participation.

So with that said I must congratulate everyone on the participation and remind all the disgruntled apologists of one important factor, without you there is no us. Take the time and reflect on your shortcomings. Be proud of your stamina and don’t give up.

Last but not least, we should all realize that car companies all have recalls. These are machines and at some point we’ll find abnormalities. Given the high standards of today, most any car you have the joy to drive is leaps and bounds over the offerings of the past.

Good job and Godspeed to all regardless what you drive.
Tell It

United States

#2 Dec 17, 2010
You da character man!

peace out

“Irrefutable Harm”

Since: Mar 09

Miami Beach Fl.

#3 Dec 17, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
From the ultra emotional beat up Pontiac driving poster “whatever” now known as “GM makes crap” is setting the bar” he whimpered.
Love it,
Titans Fan

United States

#4 Dec 17, 2010
Overheard in the Men's shower at the Big Bear's Club..

It's my Prius, do you want to touch it?
Obamas Toyota Union

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 17, 2010
That communist outfit UAW and Toyota's democrat croanies are in bad shape thats for sure.

Dallas, TX.

#6 Dec 18, 2010
I just wanted to bump this up. It’s important that everyone here understands how much they are appreciated. Regardless of the car you drive, be it a little Toyota or a big bad Suburban, you are all respected and thanked for participating. Have a happy and warm holiday season.
Damage Control

United States

#7 Dec 18, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
Week in review:
I must say thank you. It’s been a long ride. Over the years we have seen posters come and go, some angry and some just simply at a loss for words. From the ultra emotional beat up Pontiac driving poster “whatever” now known as “GM makes crap” to the now defunct Tundra driving and once respected “truckin” aka Gustavo, we have enjoyed you all.
So we find Toyota in a slump. Who cares? That's not important.
The screams came in droves.
“But my Prius is better than your Volt and even though the plug in version isn’t made yet, it’s gonna be here in two more years and it will once again be the best!" moaned the wee wee poster from Il. In the other corner we hear “but Toyota lost its fleet sales” and this is umm good!”
We even had an appearance from the broken English “Con-Tiki,” oh what a treat.“Toyota will learn and is setting the bar” he whimpered.
Sure we had a few more Toyota recalls and though we find every auto maker up but Toyota, one thing remains constant and that is the participation.
So with that said I must congratulate everyone on the participation and remind all the disgruntled apologists of one important factor, without you there is no us. Take the time and reflect on your shortcomings. Be proud of your stamina and don’t give up.
Last but not least, we should all realize that car companies all have recalls. These are machines and at some point we’ll find abnormalities. Given the high standards of today, most any car you have the joy to drive is leaps and bounds over the offerings of the past.
Good job and Godspeed to all regardless what you drive.
Great post full of good spirit!
Heisenberg

Akron, OH

#8 Dec 18, 2010
Little Toyota that could what? not stop?

Dallas, TX.

#9 Dec 18, 2010
Damage Control wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post full of good spirit!
Thank you sir.

Dallas, TX.

#10 Dec 18, 2010
Heisenberg wrote:
Little Toyota that could what? not stop?
Yes

Dallas, TX.

#11 Dec 25, 2010
Merry Christmas

Since: Mar 12

Chennai, India

#13 Mar 20, 2012
Toyota is worth buying cos its the best vehicle suited for any toughest terrain.This story is quite confusing
Root

Shreveport, LA

#14 Mar 20, 2012
davidwarner wrote:
Toyota is worth buying cos its the best vehicle suited for any toughest terrain.This story is quite confusing
Toyota has a hard time handling street salt. RUST

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kia Sorento Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Defective Manual Transmission (Nov '06) Aug '17 Terry 13
06 sorento oil leak Jul '17 Vikingvito 1
Starting problem (Feb '17) Feb '17 Caroline 1
My left back door will not open (Dec '16) Dec '16 Trimbo 3
News Couple sends message to thieves in Detroit (May '16) May '16 Kinky Fiebelkorn 2
News Used Vehicle Review: Kia Sorento, 2003-2009 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Kia Kemper 1
News Kia parts supplier Mobis to recruit for 250 pro... (Jan '10) Nov '12 Valintine Murphy 6
More from around the web