Quite the homecoming: Humboldt reside...

Quite the homecoming: Humboldt residents donate labor, parts for su...

There are 15 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Quite the homecoming: Humboldt residents donate labor, parts for su.... In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

When U.S. Army Spec. Corey Johnson left the country to serve in Iraq, his vehicle was in bad shape and would require attention upon his return -- but his father had other plans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

voice of reason

Sunnyvale, CA

#1 Aug 2, 2010
the kids love their trucks
American Girl

Eureka, CA

#2 Aug 2, 2010
Good I'm happy for the men and women that are being helped any way that they can be by people back here in the states. I'm only 24 but most kids my age make me sick putting down our troops. Thank you to everyone involved that's making this happen. Plus I went to school with Skylar and it's nice to see him have something nice done for him.
WoW

Fortuna, CA

#5 Aug 2, 2010
Potent Disconnection wrote:
You've killed enough people, you now deserve your very own killing machine, earth guzzler!!
You are a low life, scum bag, douche drinking, POS. I truly hope you drive off a cliff.
WoW

Fortuna, CA

#7 Aug 2, 2010
You've killed enough people, you now deserve your very own killing machine, earth guzzler!!
Well seeing that you are an ultra left greeny ... Drive your bicycle off a cliff. I can not believe you would demean a soldier who risked their life for the country you live in. People like you sicken me.
anon

Denver, CO

#8 Aug 2, 2010
Carol Ruth wrote:
Put huge spikes on the bumper and hit the bums, indian tweekers, as well as towel heads.
Men and women serving the country to protect the freedoms of speech of bigots like Ms. Ruth.
anon

Denver, CO

#11 Aug 2, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
how the HELL does him being in iraq or afganistan have ANYTHING to do with my freedom ? do you have your head that far up your A_SS ? The war in the middle east has NOTHING to do with freedom, and everything to do with controlling the actions of others who choose to disagree with us. America is a BULLY, and F_CK our soldiers if they are too dumb to see this.
and i say this as an ex-marine..
Hey Joe, it's not quite clear from your posts, do you have any opinions you care to share about Iraq, Afghanistan, the Times-Standard?
WoW

Fortuna, CA

#12 Aug 2, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
how the HELL does him being in iraq or afganistan have ANYTHING to do with my freedom ? do you have your head that far up your A_SS ? The war in the middle east has NOTHING to do with freedom, and everything to do with controlling the actions of others who choose to disagree with us. America is a BULLY, and F_CK our soldiers if they are too dumb to see this.
and i say this as an ex-marine..
Learn to read before you post Dumb F#ck. The middle east has nothing to do with freedom ... I never said that it did. Reread my post putz.

Serving in the military is putting your life in danger. Now if Obama chooses to waste that soldiers life by continuing "BUSH's war", then the hostility should be towards him. The soldier is not the problem, he is the hero!!! If you think different then feel free to eat a bullet.
neutral

San Francisco, CA

#13 Aug 2, 2010
How about all of you lending your time towards helping or bettering the life of someone or something YOU believe in, rather than wasting everybody's time, smearing each others beliefs and opinions. Does it make you feel superior to win this ridiculous debate? Trust me...you'll feel better about yourself and your time will be put to better use, than by proving your intellect to some anonymous whack job!!
Pay It Forward

Eureka, CA

#14 Aug 2, 2010
Thank you to everyone that contributed to this soldier's happiness! I love to see people look out for someone besides themselves. Fortuna really is "The Friendly City"!
anti war leftist greenie

San Francisco, CA

#15 Aug 2, 2010
That is great that Fat Rat and everyone else got together to do something nice for this soldier. And now they are helping others? That is awesome and it helps restore faith in humanity that with all our faults, we can still help one another. Welcome home soldier and enjoy the time with your family in your tricked out jeep.
People who trash soldiers because they are against the wars are small minded fools who do nothing to further the cause of stopping these wars. Since when did infuriating people make them see your side of the story?(never) Try leading by example.
Also Serving

United States

#16 Aug 2, 2010
How dare you all use a feel good story of a community thanking one of its soldiers as your whining podium. Your right to speak freely, let alone own a computer to post your rants is because of soldiers and sailors. I serve too and people like you make me happy that you represent only 1% of Americans, the ones that get the free tax payers "I don't have to work" money and still hate it. I hear Canada and Mexico are excepting immigrants, GO THERE!
Idealistic Fortucky Girl

Mckinleyville, CA

#17 Aug 2, 2010
Thanks for putting this article on the front page, Times Standard, and calling the community's attention to what good is going on in our community! It's easy to lose sight of that when we are being bombarded by violence, hate, and terror on the front page most days. Maybe we should all do something to help out our most passionate causes and you can feature these stories on the front page from now on? Just puttin' it out there...
Scott

United States

#18 Aug 2, 2010
its people like you we can all do without.........fine people are doing something positive and i for one am proud to live in a community with them.
Arcata Reader

Grove, OK

#19 Aug 2, 2010
I salute the soldier.
Old Viet Nam Vet

Arcata, CA

#20 Aug 2, 2010
Great stuff, the kid will love it, kudos to the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeep Wrangler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bronc-No! Possible 2020 Ford Bronco Mule Spied ... Aug '17 cmarrtyy 1
News Jeep Trailcat Is the 707-hp Hellcat-Powered Wra... (Mar '16) Apr '17 Wheels 7
News The New Ford Bronco Will Be a Ranger-Based Four... (Jan '17) Jan '17 marrtyy 1
Wrangler will not shift into drive. (Mar '13) Jul '16 Jeep Guy 4
News Jeep's small models to soldier on (Jun '16) Jun '16 Jabba 5
Modifications to 3.8 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Don Bahr 1
News Connie Schultz: Pope Francis goes to Washington (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web