2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara ISSUES

Posted in the Jeep Wrangler Forum

Erin

Hamilton, Canada

#1 Aug 27, 2010
Hi, not sure this is the best place to post, but I'm getting no where fast. About 4 months ago we were about to go on a 4000 mile road trip, so we took our 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara in for an inspection to make sure all was well before we headed out. We were told we needed the rear brakes replaced because the axle seals had been leaking and they obviously replaced the seals as well. About 2 months later the brakes started squeaking, grinding... making a symphony of sounds. So after 3 more trips to the same shop, they finally replaced the brakes again on warranty. Now about a week ago, the squeaking etc. came back, plus a nice squeaking while we were driving with no brakes applied. So we take back to the same shop yet again, this time they say, no not the brakes, it's the axle that needs to be replaced. So now a week later,$800 poorer, I just went out and the all the sounds are back yet again.
What I'm getting down to is this... have any other Jeep Wrangler Sahara owners had this same problem? Is it a Jeep problem? or just morons that don't know how to fix anything, but do know how to charge us and keep us going back??? HELP!
Hammer-Time

Vancouver, Canada

#2 Sep 17, 2010
If its a 2008 it should be covered under warrenty. Anything wrong with an axle is drivtrain and its a 3 year warrenty or 60,000klm I think!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeep Wrangler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler to take over supplier-run Toledo Jeep ... (Nov '10) Feb 4 UAW 1,625
Out of their league: 6 vehicles with shocking s... Nov '14 Solarman 1
Jeep ponders switch to aluminum for next Wrangl... Nov '14 ahtrac777 2
US: Jeep Wrangler's switch to aluminum could en... Oct '14 In The Know 2
Jeep Renegade Is 'Male,' While Fiat 500X Will B... Oct '14 HumanBeing 1
Here's Why Chrysler's Sales Boom May Not Last (Jun '14) Jun '14 8.3 1
The Bronco Trolls On! Ford's Muscular Troller T... (Jun '14) Jun '14 mr goodwrench 1
More from around the web