Brake light and ABS light on
John

Brisbane, Australia

#21 May 12, 2010
Same intermittent symtoms on my KJ but motor also went into limp mode once as well. Problem was due to broken wire inside insulation where it attaches to speed sensor on the diff.
Rose

United States

#22 Aug 12, 2010
Anyone having the ABS & Brake light problem with a 2005 Dodge Ram Hemi 2500? I can't get the cruise to engage. Thanks
Calvin

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Aug 28, 2010
I have a 2005 CRD, My ABS light, brake light, and check engine light also came on. The odometer doesn't work while the lights are on. The car runs and stops fine. The dealership replaced the rear wheel sensor with no problem resolution.

Lights have cleared twice only to come back on a few minutes later.
Tracy

Valrico, FL

#24 Nov 28, 2010
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty, that has a ABS light, and the traction light on. We did need to replace our brakes so we did and now some friends are saying we need to go to the dealer to have it reset. Any do it yourself that we can do to avoid the dealer????
dave

Ottawa, Canada

#25 Dec 2, 2010
I have a 2005 and my ABS LIGHT IS ON AND MY AIRBAG LIGHT I have had the sensor changed on the dif but it is still on .Is there some way of clearing the codes.
Tracy

Valrico, FL

#26 Dec 3, 2010
Sonya wrote:
I just bought a 2006 4 weeks ago and just this week the ABS light came one along with 2 other lights...one is a picture of a Jeep with skid marks behind. My brakes work fine but reading thru past comments on this vehicle....I'm not sure if I should take it in or can I drive it. Is it safe to drive this way?
I started having this same problem two weeks ago. Were you able to find out the problem? I took it to a shop but they did not have the diagnostics for a 2006. Could you let me know what your out come was. Thank you in advance.
Tracy

Valrico, FL

#27 Dec 4, 2010
I am having a problem with the traction light, the abs and the esp lights have all came on at the same time and have not shut off. I have taken it to be looked at to a local shop but they did not have a updated diagnostics for a 2006 Jeep Liberty. If anyone else has this problem could you please respond to me. we are trouble shooting but not sure where to satrt
randy

Allegan, MI

#28 Mar 7, 2011
2006 liberty with abs light ,the traction control and no cruse control. Everything else works fine no error shows up on any computor hookup.Hard to look at 3 yellow lights on tha dash every day. any idea's
Bill

Flippin, AR

#29 Mar 23, 2011
While checking for a current draw on the battery in my 2003 Grand Cherokee I removed the abs fuse. After finding the draw in the trailer wiring harness module which I replaced, I replaced the fuses but now my abs and brake lights are both staying on and I have not been able to reset them. Can some one help me?
c brown

United States

#30 May 21, 2011
put scanner on spin right rear wheel readsleft side
c brown

United States

#31 May 21, 2011
will notreadleft rear
c brown

United States

#32 May 21, 2011
2005 dodge caravan
Jobe

Clarksburg, WV

#33 Feb 27, 2012
Having same issue. Changed both front rotors and pads. Now getting ABS and Brake light on. Sometimes it resets itself when I turn off the engine but will eventually come back on.
Frank

New London, CT

#34 Oct 5, 2012
Becky Kersey wrote:
<quoted text>I have had the same problem with my Jeep Liberty 2005. ABS light is on. Had it checked. They could not anything wrong with the brakes. Engine light stays on. Bought a new gas cap. Still stays on.
Check battery neg connection. If you can move it by hand, being tightened as much as possible,replace it. Had this same problem with my Xterra. Bought a new post clamp at Napa for $1.49. The lead free chintzy clamps it comes with stretched, and a good ground was not made. This solved all idiot light problems I had. Dealership wanted $600 to start, checking all grounds. They completely missed it.
Cody

United States

#35 Aug 19, 2013
I had the same problem, i would hit about 50 or a really hard bump and the lights would come on and stay on. I started doing some looking. turns out the rear sensor on top of my rear axle had a wiring shortage. replaced the sensor and restripped the wire into the new harness and that seemed to fix my problem. i also have an 05 Jeep Liberty CRD
Cody

United States

#36 Aug 27, 2013
I have an 05 Liberty CRD. Had the same problem, started doing some looking and realized the wiring harness that goes to the rear sensor had frayed and recently broke causing the abs and brake lights to stay on on the dash permenately. I just purchased a new harness yesterday. So we shall see if that will fix the problem.
byron

Drumheller, Canada

#37 Apr 24, 2014
I have 2005 Liberty limited CRD. The ABS light and brake warning light come on sometimes when hit bump or rough gravel road. Turn truck off and then on again warning lights go out. Dealer checked it out and said nothing wrong with the ABS system. Suggested maybe replacing anti-lock brake module will fix problem. Part is $151.83 in the U.S. so I will order the module and replace. See what happens.
tech

Ruidoso, NM

#38 May 17, 2014
Tracy wrote:
I am having a problem with the traction light, the abs and the esp lights have all came on at the same time and have not shut off. I have taken it to be looked at to a local shop but they did not have a updated diagnostics for a 2006 Jeep Liberty. If anyone else has this problem could you please respond to me. we are trouble shooting but not sure where to satrt
try looking at the rear wheel speed sensor harness
Kat2005

Columbus, OH

#39 Sep 7, 2014
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty, my abs light comes on and then off. When it is on, I can hear a metal sound and loss of brakes, but when the light goes out, the brakes are fine. Anyone have any ideas on what is wrong with my Jeep?
kyle beriole

Sylvan Lake, Canada

#40 Nov 1, 2014
Tracy wrote:
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty, that has a ABS light, and the traction light on. We did need to replace our brakes so we did and now some friends are saying we need to go to the dealer to have it reset. Any do it yourself that we can do to avoid the dealer????
Call any autowrecker near you and ask if they have any jeep liberty close to the year of your liberty jeep and ask if the abs module of that vehicle is for sale...and if it is...replace your abs module...if it will work then good for you if it doesnt...you can always return the module....in my case there are 3 problems....it all says service abs system, service traction system and service brake system... i went to the pick-n-pull near my town....i took one module close to my vehicles year....and guess what....all the 3 problems disappeared.... i was just lucky i guess...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeep Liberty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chrysler Recalls 800,000 Jeep Liberty SUVs (Aug '06) May 27 Marine 58 750
How do you set up U-Connect? (Nov '06) May 27 Roni 74
2002 Liberty steering column ignition switch/ke... (Jul '06) May 26 glenda 243
2013 Jeep Liberty Donut Tire Replacement May 26 larry doyle 1
Jeep Liberty problems (Nov '06) May 26 Alivingston1995 1,016
Please help with 2005 Jeep May 24 Carol R 1
2006 Jeep Liberty problems (Jul '07) May 23 CWales 28
More from around the web