Grand Cherokee Ltd. heating/cooling p...
Austin

La Grange, IL

#764 Nov 28, 2012
I got 2001 jeep grand Cherokee ltd. the heater motor does not work and the fuses are good. We hotwired it and blows. What should I do?

Since: May 08

Haverhill, MA

#765 Dec 2, 2012
Austin wrote:
I got 2001 jeep grand Cherokee ltd. the heater motor does not work and the fuses are good. We hotwired it and blows. What should I do?
Hello Austin:

Your blower motor problem could be a number of things.
The common problem is the connector on the blower motor control module.

A few others are:
Of course a fuse problem.
A bad electrical ground
Blower motor resistor
Cold engine lock out feature
The fan switch

Those are some of the blower motor problems.

Good Luck!
DEMARCUS

Melrose Park, IL

#766 Dec 12, 2012
IM HAVING A PROBLEM GETTING HEAT . IVE REPALCED THE HEATER CORE,AND THE BLOWER AND ALL ITS DOING IS BLOWING COLD AIR. IS THERE ANY ONE THAT CAN ALT LEAST DRIVE ME TO WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE?
99 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
please email me [email protected]
THANK YOU

Manchester, MA

#767 Dec 12, 2012
DEMARCUS wrote:
IM HAVING A PROBLEM GETTING HEAT . IVE REPALCED THE HEATER CORE,AND THE BLOWER AND ALL ITS DOING IS BLOWING COLD AIR. IS THERE ANY ONE THAT CAN ALT LEAST DRIVE ME TO WHAT THE PROBLEM MAY BE?
99 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
please email me [email protected]
THANK YOU
Hello DEMARCUS:

Before you start replacing more parts!

The 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the AZC system, has a fault code system you can read from the dash control panel.

That would be a good place to start your HVAC system diagnostics.

To read the fault codes:
1. Turn on the ignition switch.
2. Turn on the AZC system (heating system). The temperature settings should be displayed for both sides.
2. Simultaneously hold down the AC and the Re-Circ buttons.
3. Then turn the driver’s side temperature (Left) control knob to the right (clockwise) one click.
4. Then release the AC and Re-Circ buttons.

If there are no fault codes, the “00” display value will remain in the window.
If there are any codes, each will be displayed for one second in ascending numerical sequence (note: no effort is made to display faults in the order they occurred). The left side set temperature display will be blanked and the right side set temperature display will indicate current and historical codes (8 historical max) presently active.
Once all codes have been displayed, the system will repeat the fault code numbers. This will continue until the left side set temperature control is moved at least one detent position in either direction, by pressing both the A/C and Recirc buttons at the same time, or the ignition is turned off.

For help deciphering the fault codes, post your fault codes here.
geoffrey

Surbiton, UK

#768 Jan 15, 2013
i have aproblem with my heating system (blowing cold air) can anyone advise what is code 52. I have also got 54 and 56 which are the blend doors

Manchester, MA

#769 Jan 16, 2013
geoffrey wrote:
i have aproblem with my heating system (blowing cold air) can anyone advise what is code 52. I have also got 54 and 56 which are the blend doors
Hello Geoffrey:

You have the three common 99/04 Jeep GC HVAC system fault codes.

52 = AI (Recirc) door travel range too large.
This is the code that indicates a recirculation door problem.

54 = Left temperature door travel too large.
This is the code that indicates the driver’s side blend door problem.

56 = Right temperature door travel to large.
This is the code that indicates the passenger’s side blend door problem.

Since you have the code #52 and if you are still getting an air flow, the recirculation door is mostly likely in the first stages of failure or it could be just hanging in place. If it breaks off it could fall and block off the air flow completely.

The symptoms along with the fault codes are needed to properly diagnose your heating problem.
Louie J

Summerville, GA

#770 Feb 4, 2013
I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee with 197,000 miles,and other than a few electrical problems(window motor) and an alternator,have had good luck until now.
The car takes forever to warm up,and when it does,I get hot air from the heater only when the car is moving,although the fan is working.
In addition ,when I stop for a minute or two at idle,the engine temperature rises,the motor races,and the power steering pump make a noise.
The first problem(taking forever to warm up) sounds like a thermostat,but does anyone out there know how or if these things can be related?
Justen

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#771 Feb 11, 2013
Just bought 99 jeep grand Cherokee limited no heat on passenger side and a little heat on drivers side have codes 20 54 And 56 Amy sugestion
JGCParts

AOL

#772 Feb 11, 2013
Justen wrote:
Just bought 99 jeep grand Cherokee limited no heat on passenger side and a little heat on drivers side have codes 20 54 And 56 Amy sugestion
Your blend doors are broken and need to be replaced. For more information head over to www.JGCParts.com to learn about how to fix your issue.

Mattapan, MA

#773 Feb 12, 2013
Justen wrote:
Hi Justen:

20 = AI (Recirc) door travel too large
This is a current code that indicates a recirculation door problem.

54 = Left temperature door travel too large
This is a historical code that indicates the driver’s side blend door problem.

56 = Right temperature door travel too large
This is a historical code that indicates the passenger’s side blend door problem.

Your fault codes plus the symptoms, show you are having both driver and passenger side blend door problems.
And a possible recirculation door problem.

Since you have the fault code #20 and if you are still getting an air flow, the recirculation door is mostly likely in the first stage of the failing process – Not broken, still working.
The next stage is the recirculation door will break and just hang in place. This will cause the outside air to blow around the recirculation door into the interior of the vehicle. This will cause a draft under the dashboard on the passenger side.
If the recirculation door breaks off and falls down, it could block the air flow completely.

Visit the Blen Dor Store’s FAQ and Tech Tips pages, for more helpful information.
http://www.blendorstore.com/

And use the Blen Dor Store’s contact page.
http://www.blendorstore.com/contact

The Blen Dor Store is the place ALL others are trying to “Imitate”.

The Blen Dor Store is the Industry Leader of the all aluminum 99/04 Jeep Grand Cherokee HVAC system blend doors – recirculation doors & mode doors.
http://www.blendorstore.com/
Lauren

Hattiesburg, MS

#774 May 25, 2013
Can you please tell us where you cut the hole and more step by step instructions? Thanks so much.
bill wrote:
I had the same problem. Buy the blend doors (approx. 100.00). You can pull the glove box out and cut a hole in the plastic to reach the assembly. Be careful how u cut it ( I used a very sharp exacto knife) so that u can silicon the piece back in place. This takes a couple of hours but it beats taking most of the dash off. Good luck!!
KAT

Englewood, CO

#776 Jul 1, 2013
Hi,
I am doing diagnostic on 1999 GC limited air conditioning problem. I unhooked my battery and calibrated AZC - HVAC system,then checked for fault codes. I have a 50 = Mode door travel range too large code. What is a mode door and what is the remedy? Thanks
mariwan

Arbil, Iraq

#777 Jul 27, 2013
I have problem with my door lights that always on while driving for my new GC limited car 2012?
mariwan

Arbil, Iraq

#778 Jul 27, 2013
How much should be the temperature sign inside the car?
Ellen H

Libertyville, IL

#779 Oct 17, 2013
bjb wrote:
Did anyone having this problem replace/top-off the engine coolant shortly before it occurred? We had out of town company using the car and they topped off the coolant with a standard engine coolant about two weeks before this occurred with our 2002 Overland. Just passed 100K miles without problem prior to this.
Sounds more like a mechanical problem, but the timing is a little suspect.
My heat went out right after I had the radiator replaced
dan

Augusta, KS

#780 Oct 18, 2013
my blower is functioning and the linkage under the dash seems to be functioning properly but little to no air makes it out of any of vents no matter what position the switch is in. can the blend door block all air from making it to the vents?
dan

Augusta, KS

#781 Oct 18, 2013
I have fault codes 52 and 54
vince

Sherwood Park, Canada

#782 Nov 2, 2013
Bernard - Montreal Canada wrote:
I have a problem with the heating system on my Grand Cherokee 1999. The garage had changed, the heator core, the blend door, the electronic device, the air conditionning core and beleive or not I still don't have enough heating when the outiside temperature is under 20 F degree.
If someone has some ideas, I will appreciate,
Thanks
try a new thermostat
Alex

Canada

#783 Nov 3, 2013
Hi, I own a 2002 grand Cherokee ltd wich I purchased during summer and I have a heater core issue. Tale tell sign of slight antifreeze odour that is an irritant to me and my interior windows fog up when it is cold out. I am mechanically inclined, I've googled the issue and to change out the core will be a pain in my ass! Driving the vehicle this way is hazardous and was wondering why this known jeep issue was not in the many recalls that I have looked at. Anyone know why?
Alex

Canada

#784 Nov 3, 2013
dan wrote:
my blower is functioning and the linkage under the dash seems to be functioning properly but little to no air makes it out of any of vents no matter what position the switch is in. can the blend door block all air from making it to the vents?
Yes. Google how to replace blend doors and you will find videos on how to fix the problem. It will not be fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2001 jeep grand cherokee engine issue Aug 12 Tootall8122 1
2003 grand cherokee turn signals (Mar '08) Aug 7 C-man 136
97GC Laredo stalls,stumbles, only when it gets ... Aug 7 ozneb47 1
1993 transmission problem - tcm bad? (Jul '08) Aug 7 Matthew sanders 46
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stalls while driving o... (May '11) Jul 31 kaye57 130
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo stalling problem (Jan '09) Jul 30 Joshua Scott 129
left tail light goes out when headlights are on (Mar '11) Jul 30 Joe C 67
More from around the web