Grand Cherokee Ltd. heating/cooling p...
H Locker

Point Comfort, TX

#583 Oct 22, 2010
You can get them from JGCParts.com or their ebay auctions.

Since: Sep 10

Riverdale, NJ

#584 Oct 27, 2010
Took my dash apart for 2nd time to replace blend/recirulation doors. 1st set were bad design. blend door store has best doors. did job myself saved $1500. get directions from wjjeeps.com . 6 1/2 hrs. Doors r working perfect..02 gc overland
jay

Madisonville, KY

#585 Nov 1, 2010
i just bought a 99 jgc limited and its the last one ill have because i had it for 2 days and there went the heat all together.. sounds like alot of people are having this problem... all i can say is shitty design on jeeps behalf
Kimber45

AOL

#586 Nov 3, 2010
Love my Grand Cherokee - heater conked out and the dealer wanted $1280 to fix it. Got my kit from www.JGCParts.com and my boyfriend did it out in the garage. Took him an hour to do and saved me a fortune.
Jeep_Fixer_Upper

Morristown, TN

#587 Nov 7, 2010
RichK wrote:
How big of a hole do you need, and where behind the glovebox do you cut it??? Thanks!!!!!!
<quoted text>
If you open the glove box you can feel two rubber pieces inside the dash at the top. Push these open(they kind of swing out). This lets the glove box drop down. You will see a small motor/actuator to the left. Pull this off and you will see a white circular object. The motor/actuator couples to this and opens/closes your blend doors. There will be a small clip on the base of the heater box. You can cut from there over to the object and this should give you enough room to see/work inside. I just used a metal coat-hanger wire to hold my doors open then used hot glue or duct tape to seal shut. When summer comes around I'll just open it back up and take the wire out for cold air. It took me about 45 minutes to do all of this. You can use an exacto knife to cut the wall of the heater box or a dremel tool. I used a small rotary tool. Took less time.
Kimber45

Point Comfort, TX

#588 Nov 8, 2010
Jeep_Fixer_Upper wrote:
<quoted text>
If you open the glove box you can feel two rubber pieces inside the dash at the top. Push these open(they kind of swing out). This lets the glove box drop down. You will see a small motor/actuator to the left. Pull this off and you will see a white circular object. The motor/actuator couples to this and opens/closes your blend doors. There will be a small clip on the base of the heater box. You can cut from there over to the object and this should give you enough room to see/work inside. I just used a metal coat-hanger wire to hold my doors open then used hot glue or duct tape to seal shut. When summer comes around I'll just open it back up and take the wire out for cold air. It took me about 45 minutes to do all of this. You can use an exacto knife to cut the wall of the heater box or a dremel tool. I used a small rotary tool. Took less time.
My boyfriend wanted to do this to my Jeep at first, but when I found out you could fix it for so cheap we just decided to do it the right way instead. No ghetto repair for us, thank you very much! We got the repair kit from JGCParts.com and it works great.
Colleen

Kingston, Canada

#589 Nov 9, 2010
When i start my 1995 jgc, there seems to be a settling of water from my AC is there a drainage plug where i can drain the water so it does not freeze....I do all the work myself on my jeep but i am lost on this one...
Maureen - Boxford MA

United States

#590 Nov 9, 2010
Have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. Took it to dealership and they indicated broken mode door. Charged $90 for diagnostic only to tell me broken mode door and it would cost $1800 to fix. Told them no thanks. Will look into all comments on these posts and see what I can do. Had a 1996 Grand Cherokee with similar heat problem. Tough New England winters need heat and defrost while driving. Certainly should be a safety issue!
Auto Man

United States

#591 Nov 18, 2010

Since: May 08

North Weymouth, MA

#592 Nov 18, 2010

North Weymouth, MA

#593 Nov 18, 2010
Sherry wrote:
Ive had my 2005 jeep for about 5 yrs now had a few problems but about 2 years had to replace the blend door at $750 now again here we go it broke again. Any suggestions on how to to fix this without taking to shop.
Check this site - This is the Access Hole blend door repair, all others, including jgc are coping from.

Visit the Tech Tips page in the Blen Dor Store’ website. http://www.blendorstore.com/tech_tips

Helpful diagnosing and installation information

If you need help diagnosing your 99/04 Jeep GC heater problems, use the Contact Page.
http://www.blendorstore.com/contact
Kimber45

AOL

#594 Nov 18, 2010
...or you guys can go to www.JGCParts.com and save alot of money by fixing it yourself.

Take a look here for how to fix your Jeep:

http://www.jgcparts.com/JeepHeater.html

and here too:

http://www.jgcparts.com/JeepHeaterInstallatio...

North Weymouth, MA

#595 Nov 18, 2010
Maureen - Boxford MA wrote:
Have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. Took it to dealership and they indicated broken mode door. Charged $90 for diagnostic only to tell me broken mode door and it would cost $1800 to fix. Told them no thanks. Will look into all comments on these posts and see what I can do. Had a 1996 Grand Cherokee with similar heat problem. Tough New England winters need heat and defrost while driving. Certainly should be a safety issue!
Hi Maureen
Need a single mode door or the complete set?
Visit the Blen Dor Store.com they have the complete line of top quality aluminum HVAC system doors – blend doors, recirculation door & mode doors.
http://www.blendorstore.com/home

Also Maureen if you need help diagnosing your 01 Jeep GC heater, use the Contact Page,
Sharon

Rochester, MN

#596 Nov 20, 2010
I also have the same problem on my '03 Cherokee!! Paid $1200 to have blend doors replaced and then still didn't have heat on passenger side. Garage said now it's a temperature control module and the part is $400!!! AND...now don't have heat on driver side too!! Probably also the temperature control module on that side! So another $400!! Mine has 136,000 miles. I think I'll file a complaint on Chrysler's website and see what happens!!
Kimber45

AOL

#597 Nov 20, 2010
Sharon wrote:
I also have the same problem on my '03 Cherokee!! Paid $1200 to have blend doors replaced and then still didn't have heat on passenger side. Garage said now it's a temperature control module and the part is $400!!! AND...now don't have heat on driver side too!! Probably also the temperature control module on that side! So another $400!! Mine has 136,000 miles. I think I'll file a complaint on Chrysler's website and see what happens!!
You should do the self diagnosis that can be found here:

http://www.jgcparts.com/JeepHeater.html

once you complete it you should be able to determine what the cause of your issues are. The trouble codes are asy to read and can be found here:

http://www.jgcparts.com/faultcodes.html

I'm almost certain you can have your Jeep fixed for huge savings at JGCParts.com

Nutting Lake, MA

#598 Nov 22, 2010
Hi Kimber45:

You sound like you are affiliated with the heatertreater guy.
What a coincidence, your writing and demeanor are exactly like his.

His MO –(or maybe all the shysters do this)- is to join a forum using multiple IDs to promote his product.
He would start a discussion using one of his multiple - He or She ids.
Explain how the access hole repair was used to save money and then tout his website and products.
Doing all this with himself using two or three of his multiple ids OR join in with a sincere person looking for help.

I’m sure you’re not part of that multiple ID scam.
It is most likely just a coincidence, that you’ve gone from a person that solved a problem to a promoter of a website.

But, if need help with your self diagnosing your 99/04 Jeep Grand Cherokee heater problems.
Visit the Blen Dor Store.com -- use the Contact Page for any questions or help in diagnosing your heater system
Kimber45

AOL

#599 Nov 22, 2010
I saved a boat load of money by using the products from JGCParts.com and I will promote them to help others just like me. Lots of others are told that it's going to cost 1000 - 1500 to fix their Jeep. Bash me all you want. I bet you wished I had bought from you instead. I'm not the only one talking up that site.

Save $$$$$$ and do not ever buy the repair from the dealership! They are ripping you off people!

Go to JGCParts.com to get your heater fix you won't regret it.

Manchester, MA

#600 Nov 23, 2010
Hi Kimber45 or should I say jgcparts:

If you want to help the members of this forum you would try to solve their problems, instead of just promoting Your website!!!

All the access hole blend door repairs will save a boat load of money - Like the Blen Dor Store access hole repairs.
Visit the Blen Dor Store for the complete line of HVAC system doors for the 99/04 Jeep GC – including the recirculation door and the Mode doors.

The Blen Dor Store is located in eBay or visit the online website store at http://www.blendorstore.com/
Sharron Rogatis

Point Comfort, TX

#601 Nov 23, 2010
thank you for the help kimber! we got it fixed from your recomendations and it worked good. thank you!!

www.jgcparts.com will get your jeep fixed up
Sharron Rogatis

Point Comfort, TX

#602 Nov 23, 2010
thanks kimber! got it fixed from your recomendations. works great!

to fix your heater go to www.jgcparts.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do I reset the security on a 1998 Grand Che... Mon 6419Val 1
Convenor sensor 1998 grand ch larado Sep 16 Dmcquinn 1
My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee wont start... (May '11) Sep 14 Nouser 42
Jeep Cherokee reverse lights not working (Jan '13) Sep 13 dmc 4
04` grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L misfiring on all... Sep 12 Rlbcrb 1
Jeep grand Cherokee 97 Sep 10 Jeep97gold 1
left tail light goes out when headlights are on (Mar '11) Sep 6 ccc 68
More from around the web