2006 Grand Cherokee Blower Motor Resi...

2006 Grand Cherokee Blower Motor Resistor

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chris

Brewster, MA

#1 Apr 1, 2007
Does anyone know where the resistor is for the blower motor? Only works on high
Chris

Brewster, MA

#2 Apr 5, 2007
thanks for the help
trisha

Fremont, CA

#3 May 1, 2007
I have a 2005 jgc but today I noticed my air and heat will only work on speed 4 and not on the other, what do you think it is?
ryan

Toronto, Canada

#4 May 3, 2007
give it a kick uder the glove box, that fixed mine!!!!
SARA

Willimantic, CT

#5 May 25, 2007
I HAVE A 96 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE MY HEAT AND AIR CONDITONING WORK BUT HAS NO POWER TO IT..CAN ANYONE HELP
SARA

Willimantic, CT

#6 May 25, 2007
I HAVE A 96 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE THE HEAT AND AIR CONDIOTIONING ARE WORKING BUT NOT BLOWING HARD
Tom

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jun 16, 2007
2006 Grand C and blower motor just quit?
fuses all good? I see some blogs on a resistor,
is this the problem? where is resistor?
is there a recall?
Reggie

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jul 8, 2007
Chris wrote:
Chris,
I have the same problem, have any luck on finding the resistor yet?
Dave

Bradenton, FL

#9 Aug 19, 2007
Reggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris,
I have the same problem, have any luck on finding the resistor yet?
Hey guys. I have the same problem in my Jeep Grand Cherokee too. Its one of two things, either the wiring harness which is just under the glove box (Chrysler will charge about $165 for, and the resistor is behind the dash, they will charge you another $179 for that) with labor its around $800.00 My air gets stuck on high, and will then just totally quit, sounds like you all have the same problem i did. Hope this helps!

Dave
Garth

Vancouver, Canada

#10 Sep 17, 2007
I am having the same issue... 2005 JGC. It only works on the highest setting. I am bringing it into the dealershipt for the second time to have it looked at.
Wish me luck!
Phil

Houston, TX

#11 Dec 13, 2007
OK then, I had the same problem on my 05 Grand Cherokee the blower worked only on hi setting. The Blower resistor (part #5143127AA -$6.25 + Tax) had melted to the wire female plug (part #5191797AA -$12.95 + Tax). The plug to resistor connection is not robust enough to maintain a good connection. Most times before failure the blower will be intermittent causing the melting of the plug. The blower will work on high with the resistor out of the circuit. BAD ENGINEERING!
James

Mason, OH

#12 Dec 31, 2007
I have a 99 jgc with the same problems as some of you guys. The connector to the resistor melted for the 2 time. The wires and the resistor casing has melted together again. Mechanic told me probably a faulty ground wire. 149.99 resistor 102.99 wiring harness. I'm thinking more like Phil, when running high heat the heat is passing over the resistor, and it can't stay cool enough.
Just bad engineering on the resistor and connector.Good luck.
Larry

Honolulu, HI

#13 Jan 21, 2008
I have a 1987 Comanche with a new resistor blow out problem after 20 years of flawless performance, new resistors tend to burn out in a few weeks. I've heard of possible causes from a faulty ground to a stuck relay (connects to resistor-switch assembly. Seeing how this system works suggests poor design. Any suggestions?
bvensko

Dearborn, MI

#14 Feb 5, 2008
Chris wrote:
Hey everyone! I had the same problem with my heat being stuck on high. I changed out my blower motor resistor and took pictures. I created a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this fix yourself. Itís very easy and costs about $9.50. Here is a link: http://bvensko.blogspot.com/
Jori

United States

#15 Feb 6, 2008
My JGC for some reason wwhen i put the heater on high it blows out low and when i put it on low it blows out high. does anyone know if this is the same problem as everyone else or is this something new. and do you know a long term fix for it?
nosko

London, Canada

#16 Mar 12, 2008
I have a 99 jeep gc.. My heater has no power pumping out the heat (does heat up though) not sure where the relay/fuse is to check- and price of resistor (260) is too much to play guessing game with.. Any help???
vcoup

Regina, Canada

#17 Apr 18, 2008
bvensko

Thank you, my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee has had this problem several times.
Melody

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Jun 4, 2008
OK..I have a problem, Like you all my air conditioning quit on me in my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee...the wiring melted on it and all in all we took the blower motor resistor out of it.(That's what we were told it was)it is the part under the glove box. I need to order a new one. We are going to put it in ourselves because we live in Las Vegas, Nevada and if the Auto Parts people aren't ripping you off, they are fixing one problem and causing another so you have to come back. Does ANYONE know where I can order one for fairly cheap? I see some people got their's for like $30 and other are talking in the $150 range. Any advice? I just spent $400 getting my air-conditioning fixed, and now this happens.. definetly the last time I buy a Jeep!!(Have had nothing but problems!)
Rachel

Cleveland, OH

#19 Aug 5, 2008
Chris wrote:
I have the same problem with mine! Will only blow on high.
russty dog

AOL

#20 Aug 24, 2008
trisha wrote:
I have a 2005 jgc but today I noticed my air and heat will only work on speed 4 and not on the other, what do you think it is?
Change the blower motor resistor. Access through the glove box.Two screws takes it out.The plug is a little tricky but doable.Its a ten dollar item found only at the dealer. part number 05143127AA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stalls while driving o... (May '11) 12 hr Paul spicer 93
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Alarm system (May '08) Sat Whats upp jeeppp 156
4.7 liter wont start when hot (Jun '09) Sat dodge mab 5
06 Jeep Grand Cherokee- stalls, loses electrica... (Jul '07) Aug 26 Daniel 9
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo stalling problem (Jan '09) Aug 24 t3cameron 114
SOULUTION FOUND - 2006 Laredo Dash lights flas... (Jun '07) Aug 21 cpudney 59
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Starting problems (Jan '07) Aug 21 Bobmccl 503
More from around the web