Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

ray wrote:
98 wouldnt start unless holdind throttle open a little now wont start at all sounds like no fire
1st try changn ur tps(throttle p".s".) if it stil wnt strt ,its ur ckp(crank position sensor)its n a rely tite space behind ur engine on passengr side
JIM J

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

jljorgenson48@comcast.net
It would be one of two things most of the time... and they are cheap
IF engine cranks ... fuel at the rail ...no spark ... no fuel at the plugs ... than it is crank positioning sensor BUT if the gas gauge shows empty and not the correct fuel in tank then it is the 20 amp fuse located in the engine compartment fuse clusters
sonny

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

93 jeep grand cherokee laredo put new tranny in now won't start
Jeremy howe

Belleview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

start but wont run new pcm and crank and cam sensors check volts in and out from all 3 wiring good checked feul at rail and fire to spark plugs all good what could this be?
hickvilmama

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

i have a 2000 jeep sport will crank over and will not start once in a while when it does it noticed if we touch the key it stopped we did test the cps and it test ok we believe any help would be great thsnk you also the blinkers work here and there same with the windows help
Casey

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

98 grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0, new battery. Battery is already dead, replaced the ignition coil pack, no codes, turns over, wont start. Any ideas besides an exorcism?
phdur

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

I have a 98. Jeep grand Cherokee the fuel pump is not geting power relays are good fuses are good fuel pump is good what can I try next
matt

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

I have a 1997 jeep with the stait 6 in it and I have replaced all the sencers that every one has said and it still ain't getting spark what els could it be... any help
amanda

Hayward, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 and it died out on me one day driving down the road. I tried starting it back up but it would turn over but not fire up. I replaced the starter because i had problems with it before and still did the same thing. I tested for fuel, and compression they are all good. It just isnt getting any spark. I dont know wut to try know it is getting really frustrating. I make my money with my jeep and its the only car i have some one please help
Dominie

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2013

have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited edition 4.0 6 cylinder , numerous problems, the latest being it cranks and turns over but will not stay running. water pump, thermostat, timing chain, plugs have been replaced, including oil change but it will NOT RUN. code tester says zero codes. any ideas ?
Marcus

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

todd wrote:
I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 128,000 miles. I recently started seeing some type of oil leak coming from under the back left rear side of my vehicle and it smells like gear oil. I got under there and it appears to be coming from some rubber lines. Any ideas what this could be ?
can u tell the color of the oil.?
Marcus

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Marcus wrote:
<quoted text> can u tell the color of the oil.?
If its coming from rt rear and its a blk rubber line then it sounds like a brake line and it would be a clearish yellowish color.
Toomy

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Have a 2002 grand cherokee after hot it will not start for about 30 min it will no do anything until cools down ?
terry

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

it starts then die I have no center lights on my dis no heate no heater controls and the temperature and direction display on the top is displayed an OC anybody know what I'll it mean
Iverson

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I have a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9 V8 4x4
Was goin down the highway and my jeep died I pushed it to the ditch and got underneath it to see my 02 sensor wires were pulled out and Wrapped around my driveshaft I replaced the 02 sensor. But now all my Gauges don't work and it won't fire. But u can crank it till the Battery dies! I checked fuses I checked if Fuel was getting to engin. Can't get spark or nothin. Help me plz !
Jim

Lambertville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Have 98 Cherokee ran fine put in new battery now will not start turns over fine
john

Saint Johns, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

i have replace the cps and it ran find and then stated doing the same thing this is on 1998 grand cherokee.i will so r2R THE COIL. DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT CAN YOU HELP .
idiot02703

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

i work at a pretty well known garage. we have a 1998 jeep grand cherokee with a 4.0l. came in yesterday with a hard start and stalling issue. ive been reading a lot of the forums on the computer. checked everything out. hes had the cps,coil,iac and the ingnition switch replaced. ive been starting and shutting it off for the last 2 hours.....nothing. doesnt stall. took it for a good ride,figuring i could at least get it to fart or something. nothing....ran great. any ideas......
Benjamin M Wittman

Millington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

were is the switch at" i been looking for it for 4 days and can't find it any help out there?
]
Benjamin M Wittman

Millington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2013

i have a 1995 Grand Cherokee 5.2L 4x4 i replaced the shocks and Battery and Fuel filter and CB joints. Was running prior to doing this!!! not it Cranks over and starts for 5 sec and shuts off.

Any idea's?

Bwitty7508@gmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum right now

Search the Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Cherokee Ltd. heating/cooling problem (Dec '06) 8 hr Martin 779
coolant sensor bad light 1998 grand cherokee li... (Jul '07) 8 hr chasj_Ny 35
Left Brake Light -- 2001 Grand Cherokee (Dec '06) Thu Jeep Thing 465
98 jeep grand Cherokee won't start Wed Damon mckoy 1
My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee wont start... (May '11) Jul 23 mike 15
2000 jeep grand cherokee stalling (Nov '07) Jul 23 Nightnurse 258
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Issue/Problem (Jan '12) Jul 23 Chrissy 34
•••

Buy a New Car