Jim D R

Waynesburg, PA

#1 Jan 9, 2009
Electrical/Transmission Problems
Lost running lights and then box lights and then finally dash lights. Then transmission problems arose. Very reluctant to move forward in drive. Drives fine in Low 2 and Reverse. Has anyone ever experienced this problem. Is there a fuse, relay or sensor that electrically controls the transmission?
rvr

Franklin Park, IL

#2 Feb 16, 2009
i have the same problem except it wont shift from first gear.
rvr

Franklin Park, IL

#3 Feb 16, 2009
Jim D R wrote:
Lost running lights and then box lights and then finally dash lights. Then transmission problems arose. Very reluctant to move forward in drive. Drives fine in Low 2 and Reverse. Has anyone ever experienced this problem. Is there a fuse, relay or sensor that electrically controls the transmission?
were you able to find anything?
Ron

Canton, GA

#4 Mar 26, 2009
Is your alternator good? Check it.
Nat

West Harrison, NY

#5 Nov 24, 2009
Hi guys and gals
I have a 2006 Isuzu NPR it's been having transmission problems!!!! This is the 5th transmission being replaced. Todays problem was not just slipping but also grinding. It took me 2Hours to travel 13 miles. 3 of the tranys were rebuilt and one we were told that it is new. Today the 5th trany is being installed. Dose any body know what is causing this not all problems seen to be the same. or could it be that the rebuilder is a jerk and should look for another shop.
Shawn

Fayetteville, NC

#6 Feb 21, 2010
Jim D R wrote:
I have a 92 with no dash lights and a rebilt transmission but min wont shift past 2nd gear.
redbrick

Dunn, NC

#7 Mar 1, 2010
Nat wrote:
Hi guys and gals
I have a 2006 Isuzu NPR it's been having transmission problems!!!! This is the 5th transmission being replaced. Todays problem was not just slipping but also grinding. It took me 2Hours to travel 13 miles. 3 of the tranys were rebuilt and one we were told that it is new. Today the 5th trany is being installed. Dose any body know what is causing this not all problems seen to be the same. or could it be that the rebuilder is a jerk and should look for another shop.
Take a look at the transmission oil cooler. Since it is improbable that all 5 transmissions were bad there has to be something else that is causing your problems. A non functional cooler would allow your oil to overheat
Simon - Priority UK

Llandeilo, UK

#8 May 24, 2011
I am having similar gearbox problems with a 2007 Isuzu NQR with the 'automatic' gearbox. Symptoms: initial refusal to select D or R. Pressed '1st gear start' button and it selected first but would not change up from there. 24 hrs later will slect gears but with grinding noise when changing from N to R and N to 1st and 1st to 2nd. Isuzu say it could be syncro fault but they don;t sound sure - suggested gearbox strip!

It's only done 65,000 miles!
Repoman

Duluth, GA

#9 May 16, 2012
I have a 2002 Isuzu NQR Wrecker That Has An Electrical Problem When Driving In Wet Conditions..
It Blows A Fuse Behind The Dash Just Right Of The Radio Hole - Its A Small White Box (maybe 3" by 1.5") Mine Only Has One Fuse In It But Yours May Have More!!
Take The Front Of The Dash Off And Its Easy To See!

I'd Check There Becuase My Trans Does About The Same Thing When That Fuse Blows.. However I Also Loose Most Of The Gauges And All The Worning Lights On The Dash!!
Hope That Helps..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Isuzu NPR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
05 NPR "Fail-Safe" mode fuel problem--no thrott... (Nov '11) Thu Dave1987 47
05 NPR Runs no power (Jul '10) Jan 22 The Him 75
Fuel Tank Removal Jan 19 buckwill 6
1989 npr no front brakes Jan 19 buckwill 1
1989 npr 4BD2T 5 speed manual, need a service m... Jan 19 buckwill 1
npr instrument cluster Jan 19 CHIP 2
my isuzu npr wong go over 40 mph. Jan 19 tom d 3
More from around the web