P0011 code
new sonata owner

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2010
Hello,
I got the P0011 code on my 07 Sonata (37000 miles). Checked it at the Autozone and found out it meant ""A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1"

After a week or so the code went away before I took it to the dealer.

What can cause this and do I still get it checked out?
radiohilary

Birmingham, AL

#2 Feb 18, 2010
new sonata owner wrote:
Hello,
I got the P0011 code on my 07 Sonata (37000 miles). Checked it at the Autozone and found out it meant ""A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1"
After a week or so the code went away before I took it to the dealer.
What can cause this and do I still get it checked out?
THANKS for posing the EXACT same question as happened to my 2007 Sonata 4cyl this cold 25 degrees morning in GA at 40500 miles, within 2 miles of start-up. I had my Actron in the car and found this exact code and not cleared it yet. Called parts at dealer but needed VIN and no help there.
I have read that other posters had "Dealer change the Oil" - since I have run Castrol 10w40 instead ot the 10w30 I bought thinking better for coldest winter - something is likey sticking.
It may clear, but will call service sept first - AND put that 10w30 in tonight!
Someone posted elsewhere about timing belt stretch or mistime but that is BS because it looks like the 2.4L is a TIMING CHAIN car - that is good for 100-200k miles.
Any other ideas out there?
john

Lodi, NJ

#3 Nov 11, 2011
I have the same issue . Two trips to dealer. Light turns off by then. Unreal.
Rich

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jul 19, 2014
I went to the dealer after a 2 opinions from other mechanics that can't pinpoint the problem. Dealer in NY saw the code and said I should get a new engine. Me being the second owner of the car the previous owner did not take care of the car. How crazy is that...oh and did I tell you the. car runs fine but I can't get a NYS inspection because of this problem!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyundai Sonata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sensors for 2000 Hyundai Sonata (Aug '06) Jan '18 Mr_T 86
Problems pumping gas (Aug '06) Dec '17 Kathy K 202
Hyundai Sonata, Car wont start (Aug '17) Aug '17 Kaduku 1
Pushed back lf wheel (Jul '17) Jul '17 Rjpsonata 1
2011 sonata push button start problem (Sep '11) Jul '17 BobbyB 65
Gas wont go down to the tank it spit back up wh... (Jun '17) Jun '17 LouieThaaKidd 1
HELP!! 2005 Sonata won't turn over after hittin... (May '17) May '17 Quasi123 1