Door alarm chimes - with key out of i...

Door alarm chimes - with key out of ignition

Posted in the Hyundai Sonata Forum

Nathan

Port Penn, DE

#1 Mar 3, 2007
Hey there.

2000 Hyundai Sonata ... when you have your lights on and open your door to leave the car, the alarm chimes to remind you to turn off your lights. As of a few days ago the alarm started chiming even when the lights aren't on and the key is out of the ignition. If the door is open the alarm chimes. this has never hapenned before. Is this correct. What makes me nervous is that this morning after a huge ice storm the car wouldn't start. We jumped it and it has been working fine today, but it's almost like there is something turned on and draining the battery. No lights are on.. HELP!
Josh

AOL

#2 Apr 29, 2007
Put the key back in the ignition and make sure it is turned all the way to the left. My Sonata does this to me occasionally, where when I turn the car off I don't get it all the way to th left before I pull the key out, and it chimes when I open the door.
richmond hill

Toronto, Canada

#3 Sep 7, 2008
03 sonata, getting a huge vibration underneath the car when in drive and stopped at light, foot on the brake pedal.
any suggestions. thanks
Matt Fletcher

UK

#4 Oct 1, 2008
Check your interior light fuse, in the driver's footwell.
Colette Hoffman

Orlando, FL

#5 Jan 18, 2010
Does your dash computer say anything?
www.doorsalarm.net

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyundai Sonata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hyundai Sonata, Car wont start Aug '17 Kaduku 1
Problems pumping gas (Aug '06) Jul '17 Brekosior 201
Pushed back lf wheel Jul '17 Rjpsonata 1
2011 sonata push button start problem (Sep '11) Jul '17 BobbyB 65
Gas wont go down to the tank it spit back up wh... Jun '17 LouieThaaKidd 1
HELP!! 2005 Sonata won't turn over after hittin... (May '17) May '17 Quasi123 1
My gas doesn't go down and the gas pump turns off (Mar '17) Mar '17 Charles 2
More from around the web