02 Sonata check engine light and gas ...

02 Sonata check engine light and gas pumping problems

Posted in the Hyundai Sonata Forum

Mindy

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2012
I have an 02 Sonata and the check engine light is constantly on even though there is nothing wrong with my car. I have also had issues in the past with pumping gas into the car, as has been discussed by other Sonata owners on another thread on here. It took me two months to get this check engine light to remain off in order to pass emissions inspections. After the dealership replaced the charcoal canister, it finally remained off, but 2 or 3 months later it came back on and has remained on. I am fed up with this vehicle. I have begun calling it Christine, because it appears to be possessed (lol). It has even begun locking the doors all on its own when I shut the door.
Katie

Birmingham, AL

#2 Feb 6, 2012
I have a 2005 Sonata and it is doing the same things, won't take gas, engine light on and now the doors are locking on their own what the what! Any solutions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyundai Sonata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problems pumping gas (Aug '06) Jun '16 Shawniii3 193
ignition Apr '16 jinxhouse 1
2000 Hyndai sonata v-6 Apr '16 66elky 1
News Here's how much electric-car range costs per mile Mar '16 Solarman 1
News Sonata Hybrid leads pack with warranty coverage... Feb '16 Solarman 1
News Chrysler 200 is a car of many facets (Feb '16) Feb '16 Shop Rat 6
2011 Sonata Mildew Smell from the A/C (Oct '10) Jan '16 Carlos 86
More from around the web