Disable seat belt warning chime on a ...

Disable seat belt warning chime on a 07 Santa Fe

Posted in the Hyundai Santa Fe Forum

Bret

Brandon, FL

#1 Mar 29, 2007
Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning chime.
08SantaFe

North Las Vegas, NV

#2 Jan 24, 2009
I recently purchased an 08 and had the same question.
Normally I unplug the wires under the seat, so that I can operate a vehicle at my ranch, without fastening the seat belt each time.
Under the driverís seat are three plugs.
The outer plugs have two wires, each.
The center plug has 4 wires (black, blue, reddish and yellow).
If you unplug it (pry out black locking device to unplug), the chime is disabled for the seat belt (not other functions), however, an airbag warning light will then come on.
If Canadian models are the same as USA, the yellow wire has a green band.
If the yellow wire is cut (and insulated, as a precaution), the chime is disabled and the air big light does not come on.
08SantaFe

North Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jan 24, 2009
Normally I unplug the wires under the seat, so that I can operate a vehicle at my ranch, without fastening the seat belt each time.
If you unplug it (pry out black locking device to unplug), the chime is disabled for the seat belt (not other functions), however, an airbag warning light will then come on.
If the yellow wire is cut (and insulated, as a precaution), the chime is disabled and the air big light does not come on.
You are welcome to post this to the Hyundai Santa Fe forum, if you want.
Pinoy49

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Aug 9, 2009
I want to disable the Hyundai 2009 annoying seat belt alarm. I broke the odometer lights but the alarm still beeping. I cut all the wirings and the car started sputtering. I hammered the speakers which solved my problem. Now, I need a new car.
ear busting buzzers

Glendale, AZ

#5 Aug 12, 2009
08SantaFe wrote:
\\
///
Go and buy a seat belt extender for an toyota and it should work in the driver female connection on the belt. That should turn off the buzzer and give you additional belt so you wont have to try to find it down in the seat area. Works for my friends. No mechanical work required.
joey

Charleston, WV

#6 Oct 9, 2009
Pinoy49 wrote:
I want to disable the Hyundai 2009 annoying seat belt alarm. I broke the odometer lights but the alarm still beeping. I cut all the wirings and the car started sputtering. I hammered the speakers which solved my problem. Now, I need a new car.
DILI MAAYO!!!! hahaha, nice post.
Marlene

United States

#7 Apr 22, 2010
Bret wrote:
You are in luck!! Go to www.seatbeltalarmstop.com
You will be able to stop your seatbelt alarm in less than 5 seconds! If you wish to turn it back on you can do so in less than 5 seconds. They have 2 products ranging from about $10 to less than $30.00
George

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2010
seatbeltalarmstop.com is your answer. GREAT PRODUCTS!!
Loveriverman

United States

#9 May 22, 2010
Bret wrote:
Finally, there is a simple solution to turning off the seatbelt alarm. Get on the net and type in seat belt alarm stop. This works on [email protected] of all vehicles.
Loveriverman

United States

#10 May 22, 2010
It is easy to shut off most any automobile seatbelt alarm. Get on the net and type in seatbelt alarm stop.
kdm

De Witt, IA

#11 Mar 20, 2011
George wrote:
seatbeltalarmstop.com is your answer. GREAT PRODUCTS!!
You could probably get the same results if you went to the junk yard and cut a male seatbelt piece off an old car and clicked it into the female seatbelt thing on your new car. It would be cheaper. But it still creates a problem if (like me) you simply don't want to wear a seat belt unless you are getting pulled over by a cop. In my car, I have a clip on the neck strap that holds the strap in an extended position. I drape it over my shoulder so the cops won't see an excuse to hassle me. If I got pulled over for some other reason, I would be able to buckle the damn thing real quick, since it is already extended. Having a junk yard seatbelt thing plugged in slows down this process and makes what I am doing more obvious. Because of this situation, I am reluctant to buy a newer car. I have test-driven several, and declined purchase, because of the annoying seatbelt thing going ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. GOOD LUCK.
dcr

Killeen, TX

#12 Aug 7, 2011
Has anyone heard of the engine stalling out for not having the driver seatbelt engaged? I have a 2010 Santa Fe and didn't wear my seatbelt one day and after about 10 - 15 mins my engine just turned off while driving. I put it in Neutral and it started right up. I've experienced no engine problems before or since that event.
Dave

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Oct 15, 2011
Are there two wires that see a "Short" when the seat belt slides in the receiver? If so, can those two wires be shorted thus not causing a Air Bag Warning and no need to buy the $20 connector? If not, the $20 connector is a great invention.
Stephen

Brewster, MA

#14 Mar 30, 2013
NONE of you answered his question...which is the same one i have. we dont want to buy an extender, we want to know if we cut that stupid wire OP refered to will it stop the chime and keep the airbag light off.
steph

Canada

#15 Oct 5, 2013
don't use that if you are on the highway. it will trick the computer controlling the airbags and tell it that you are wearing your seat belt and the speed at which the airbags will deploy in case of a collision will be inaccurate and could cause injuries or death.
Liliflower

Mesquite, NV

#16 Feb 1, 2015
It is possible to disabled via GDS VCI diagnostic software

http://www.obd365.com/wholesale/gds-vci-diagn...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyundai Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hyundai Santa Fe engine fire car destroyed (Jun '12) Oct 11 Gypsyme4 4
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe caught FIRE! (Apr '06) Oct 10 Imiller 39
after market power tailgate lift Aug '17 JimB 1
Fuel issue? Jul '17 Singingbird73 1
2011 santa fe 3.5l electrical help Jun '17 Davep 1
Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3 Liter V6 Engine Problems (Aug '08) May '17 jct1830 113
Any Hyundai Santa Fe owners with over 200,000 m... (Sep '16) May '17 TheButlerDidIt 2
More from around the web