2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Thoughts

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Thoughts

Posted in the Hyundai Santa Fe Forum

Beautiful Dreamer

Highland Park, IL

#1 Aug 31, 2012
Hey guys

Really looking into getting a 2013 Santa Fe. Has anyone driven one around? I am thinking of buying one. Read this review - http://www.web2carz.com/hyundai/santa-fe-spor... and thought that it's sounding pretty good.

Can anyone with hands-on experience lemme know what they think about it? Would be greatly appreciated :)

Houston, TX

#2 Nov 28, 2012
I know that this is a tad bit late but here are my thoughts after owning the Sante Fe Sport 2.0 for a little over a month.

The suv has a great fit and finish. Though I am not getting the advertised gas mileage, I still get between 27-29 on the highway and average about 23-24 mpg for mixed driving. This is pretty good considering the size of the suv and the power it produces. I do wish the turbo was a bit smoother. After owning the Turbo and have driven the standard engine, I think that the standard engine has plenty of power and delivers power more seamlessly than the turbo.

One thing I am experiencing problems with is the fuel gauge or fuel sending unit. I took my vehicle into the shop due to erroneous fuel gauge readings. After 30-40 miles, the tank shows 3/4 full and when empty, I can only add 12 -13 gallons, however this is a 17 gallon tank. something is definitely wrong.

The other issue I have is with the electronic steering which provides a vague feeling or lack of road feel. I think that this idea is cool, used on some BMW 5 series at one time, but it makes the steering feel loose or odd. I would say that you drive the SUV in various modes (Comfort, Sport, Normal) to see if you like this electronic compensation. I wish they would reduce the effect as I am not a big fan of this electronic steering.
Kevin-Santa Fe

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Feb 4, 2013
We bought our first hyundai and did love it until it caught fire all by itself.
Other than that, it was an awesome vehicle, outfitted it with winter tires and it handles unreal. Love driving it when flames arent coming from the back up sensors.

Jacksonville, FL

#4 May 18, 2013
Just wondering if you got this resolved, I have the same issue. Thanks!

Jacksonville, FL

#5 May 18, 2013
I am referring to the fuel gauge, not the flames.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyundai Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe caught FIRE! (Apr '06) Sep 28 charles t 38
Any Hyundai Santa Fe owners with over 200,000 m... Sep '16 Scared 1
2007 Hyundai Sante Fe Limited fire Aug '16 RBen 1
smell (Jun '06) Aug '16 Dennis 82
rear hatch wont oen 2014 santa-fe (Mar '16) Mar '16 russ 1
2013 Santa Fe mirrors (Mar '16) Mar '16 poolman1948 1
Tire sizes (Feb '16) Feb '16 Bjj814 1
More from around the web