EPA: Hyundai, Kia overstated gas mile...

EPA: Hyundai, Kia overstated gas mileage in 13 models including Elantra, Accent, Soul

There are 3 comments on the The Montgomery Advertiser story from Nov 3, 2012, titled EPA: Hyundai, Kia overstated gas mileage in 13 models including Elantra, Accent, Soul. In it, The Montgomery Advertiser reports that:

Window stickers will have to be changed on some versions of the following models: * Hyundai Accent * Hyundai Azera * Hyundai Elantra * Hyundai Genesis * Hyundai Santa Fe * Hyundai Sonata Hybrid * Hyundai Tucson * Hyundai Veloster * Kia Optima Hybrid * Kia Rio * Kia Sorrento * Kia Soul * Kia Sportage DETROIT - Hyundai and Kia overstated the gas ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Montgomery Advertiser.

John Doe

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Nov 5, 2012
Yeah, My Soul gets 5 mpg less, so why wouldn't Kias payment estimator, estimate 5 times more. Wonder who regulates that?
truthbtold

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Nov 8, 2012
John Doe wrote:
Yeah, My Soul gets 5 mpg less, so why wouldn't Kias payment estimator, estimate 5 times more. Wonder who regulates that?
They doctored that too, The foreign car company have never played fair, with past recalls, so why do think they will with other regulations,.
RelicsOnTheShelf

Bryn Mawr, PA

#3 Apr 28, 2013
Alot of estimates are done under ideal testing lab conditions which is NOT the average American driving experience. Even the lawn tractor manufacturers got caught over estimating horse power on the engines in many cases only using output numbers from an engine without a load or hooked up to anything.

Also it might be comparing apples and oranges but I think Samsung another Korean company got caught taking bribes and making false claims. Maybe there is somekind of undo pressure on Korean executives for success OR that's the way they do business period. I do hear for the most part Koreans are good honorable people.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...

But after seeing what goes on in corporate America for numbers nothing surprises me anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hyundai Santa Fe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3 Liter V6 Engine Problems (Aug '08) Jul 11 Gregg 106
smell (Jun '06) Mar '15 12345678mno 79
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe caught FIRE! (Apr '06) Mar '15 Edgar 34
veh swearving on road with snow or ice Feb '15 ti-Jean 1
Disable seat belt warning chime on a 07 Santa Fe (Mar '07) Feb '15 Liliflower 16
2007 Hyundai SantaFe Ltd 3.3LV6-Electrical Issu... (Sep '14) Dec '14 VEE 2
replacing vss on a santa fe (Dec '14) Dec '14 doug man 1
More from around the web