Maintenance required light

Posted in the Honda Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Doug

United States

#1 May 23, 2006
Con someone tell me how to reset the maintenance required light on a 2004 honda pilot
2003 Honda Pilot Owner

San Diego, CA

#2 Dec 11, 2006
1) Turn they key to the II position
2) Turn the key to the off position, and push and hold in the odometer reset button
3) Turn they key back to the II position, while still holding the button.
4) After about 10-15 seconds, the light should go off.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mystique Tanning

Edmonton, Canada

#3 Mar 17, 2007
Thank you so much for you help. I just reseted my light on my 2003 Honda Pilot. Thanks again it was is and it work from the first try..
Sweet saves me a lot of time and I am so much happier now.
Can any tell how to fix the rear heater air conditioner fan. I can't turn it on and why does that light come on.
Thanks
AMM
Carrie

Melrose Park, IL

#4 Apr 30, 2007
I am curious as to what makes the maintenance light come on. I don't want to have to take it to Honda to pay $175 for them to run the computer on it just to find out. I mean usually I thought it was b/c I needed my oil changed. Before I got my oil changed it just came on a week before I got it changed & it would only blink when I 1st turned my car on. After I got my oil changed it still blinked at me & now 2 weeks later it stays on at all times. WHAT'S THE DEAL???
Kory

Rapid City, SD

#5 Apr 30, 2007
I was informed by Honda that the light comes on after a certain mileage since the last reset. The dealerships know to reset it but if you have the oil changed somewhere else they often don't know about it or don't do it. we have our oil changed by the Toyota Dealership (where we bought it) but the Honda dealership here offered to reset it for free if we brought it in. the instructions above look like they should do the trick and I'd imagine that that is what the dealership would do too. some other instructions on the internet say to hold both the select and reset buttons.
Carrie

Melrose Park, IL

#6 May 3, 2007
thanks Kory ... I just reset the light. I talked with a mechanic (not from honda) & he told me "to be honest I would just reset it. If there is something wrong other than it juts being a set mileage it would come back on" So we'll see what happens. haha :o)
john

West Mclean, VA

#7 May 21, 2007
Tried everything to reset maintenance required light and it won't reset any ideas(2002 crv)?????
Den A

Austin, TX

#8 Jul 3, 2007
I need someone to tell what to do! My maitainance required light came on and did not go away. I did oil change about a month and half ago. How can I reset the maintainance required light to go off?
Den A

Austin, TX

#9 Jul 3, 2007
I need someone to tell what to do! My maitainance required light came on and did not go away. I did oil change about a month and half ago. How can I reset the maintainance required light to go off? I have Honda Accord 2003.
sara fedoruk

Calgary, Canada

#10 Jul 6, 2007
call your honda dealership and ask them how to do it, or read your manual, because it's in there, and the people at the dealership can tell you how to reset it and you dont have to spend money to take it into them or have the hassle of driving all the way there!
jdrivera

Manhasset, NY

#11 Jul 14, 2007
my maintance light on my accord 2004 is blinking 10 time what does it mean can someone help
swhites

Norristown, PA

#12 Jul 26, 2007
One thing that has caused the maintenance light on our Honda's to come on is not tightening the gas cap enough.

The first time it happened, I took the car to the dealership where they ran some tests and replaced the gas cap at a cost of $100.

When it happen on our other Honda, I replaced the gas cap for $5 and reset the light myself without any problems.
Sunny

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#13 Aug 17, 2007
http://www.omninerd.com/2007/05/11/coffeeshop...

Go to this link for a detail informaion on why the lights are on. Really good place to have information
Kimw

Santa Fe, NM

#14 Aug 22, 2007
The "Maintenance Required" light came on at 60000 miles - which it's suppose to do. I took it in and had the maintenace taken care of, and the mechanic setup the light. But it came back on 24 hrs later. I took it back to the dealership and it was reset again - and it came back on 24 hrs later.
I called the dealership and they said I could bring it in and pay to have tests run to determine why the light keeps coming on, but that it's just a mileage counter.
Any suggestions what to do? Just ignore it? Or pay to have the dealership figure it out?
Snuffy

Dover, DE

#15 Oct 29, 2007
I recently moved and lost my manual to my 2006 Scion XB. Without having to go to the dealer how do I get the Maint required light off. Everything is good and oil has been changed every 3,000 miles.
bobp

Butler, NJ

#16 Nov 10, 2007
Hi I have a 95 accord and replaced IAC (code 14)and pulled negative terminal and code won't go away,I have 12.6v at connector & 11oms across valve.What else could cause this code?
Victor

Reseda, CA

#18 Feb 20, 2008
Thanks alot brah it work = D
Bharat NJ

Morristown, NJ

#19 May 13, 2008
Hi,
I have honda CRV 2004 around 47K miles, Maintenance required light blinks for some time when i start my CRV then it goes away, what does that mean. Few days back only due to check engine light i got changed O2 censor.
pls. suggest.
thanks
Not a religious FREAK

Wilmington, DE

#20 Jul 10, 2008
Sunny wrote:
http://www.omninerd.com/2007/0 5/11/coffeeshop/48
Go to this link for a detail informaion on why the lights are on. Really good place to have information
hey tard tard. We are talking about cars. I don't think the bible has any chapters on cars.
Basil

Gardner, KS

#21 Aug 17, 2008
Kimw wrote:
The "Maintenance Required" light came on at 60000 miles - which it's suppose to do. I took it in and had the maintenace taken care of, and the mechanic setup the light. But it came back on 24 hrs later. I took it back to the dealership and it was reset again - and it came back on 24 hrs later.
I called the dealership and they said I could bring it in and pay to have tests run to determine why the light keeps coming on, but that it's just a mileage counter.
Any suggestions what to do? Just ignore it? Or pay to have the dealership figure it out?
I would pay the 98$ and make sure nothing is wrong. Or you can take it to AdvanceAuto and they will do it for free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ASK THE AUTO DOCTOR: Good solutions available f... (Mar '09) Feb 15 les 20
Honda Pilot battery problem (Nov '06) Feb 12 Srini 79
Honda Pilot Owners: Problems & Solutions (Feb '06) Feb 8 2009 Honda pilot ... 1,913
1997 HONDA CR-V rain water leak - front passeng... (Jul '07) Feb 5 pyro 63
2016 Fiat 500X Starts At $20,900 Feb 2 Barack the Yellow 1
Rear wheel alignment (Aug '14) Jan '15 Leachmark707 2
Canada's Saving Grace Amid Falling Oil Prices C... Jan '15 Wayne 1
More from around the web