2003 accord v6 tcs and emergency brake light problem!

Posted in the Honda Forum

mike

Lompoc, CA

#1 Sep 9, 2008
my 03 accord v6 has the TCS and emergency brake light on. It drives fine and nothing seems to be wrong with it. I heard that it was a common problem with this year. anyone know how i can fix this please let me know. THANKS!
don

New Milford, CT

#2 Sep 18, 2008
Have the same issue on my 2003 accord, V6 coupe. Under warranty, and bringing it in, but heard it was the sensor on the e-brake that needs to be replaced. Throwing everything off. Mine drives fine, and checked the pads and fluid, and they were OK.

Be careful if you bring it into the dealer.(assuming not under warranty) They will try and make you get new front brake pads ($120 for just pads). Does not fix the issue, and they will have your money, and then do the sensor. Ask them to check the sensor first if that is the case.
Larry C

Trabuco Canyon, CA

#3 Sep 28, 2008
Thank you for your analysis and expertise. My Accord EX V4 has this issue with the brake light (which began in Sep 2008) but not the TCS lisht. Similarly, brake pads have 50% life remaing and fluids are up. All works fine. I also have a 2006 Accord (Honda makes very good cars) and notice that the emergency brake has a bit of "play" before resistance is felt. Only after the resistance is felt does the "brake indicator" light come On. My 2003 (which has the problem), has no "play". I have not disassembled the console, to get to the "equilizer" bar, but am wondering if the nut on that equilizer has simply worked itself too tight (thus disallowing "play") and oonstantly triggering the sensor. Something to consider. My Haynes maintenance manual also cautions about working around airbag components without first disconnecting the negative battery lead.

“pomkik + pomkik + pomkik”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#4 Jan 29, 2014
alec

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 25, 2014
V4...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Did the U.S. auto industry learn anything? Apr 30 TheGeneralBitches 5
1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 SI (Feb '06) Apr 25 toeha 51
News Honda Pilot Owners: Problems & Solutions (Feb '06) Apr 16 missic 1,925
News All Honda Accord Hybrid production moving to Japan Apr 15 cpaELVIS 4
News Hyundai Fuel-Economy Flap Seen as Tables Turnin... (Nov '12) Apr 7 Matt 2
How do I shut off the 'maintenance required' li... (Dec '07) Apr 5 Honda ninja 29
News Honda readies 'epic' Civic with American pedigree Apr '15 erik 1
More from around the web